Ahh, in that case il remember NOT to do that then, thank you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 2/1/17 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 12/15/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1046
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15677 of 294906/21/12 at 6:30pmpost #15678 of 294906/21/12 at 6:48pm
Either way.. modding isn't something im ready to do yet, especially not with 200 dollar electronics. How do my other finds compare? Or does anyone else have a suggestion for something just as good as the 558's? I've only looked at Senn so far but im open to anything as long as they look presentable.post #15679 of 294906/21/12 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by TyTB
Either way.. modding isn't something im ready to do yet, especially not with 200 dollar electronics. How do my other finds compare? Or does anyone else have a suggestion for something just as good as the 558's? I've only looked at Senn so far but im open to anything as long as they look presentable.
Which model Creative labs sound card do you have in your computer?
My Audio Technica ATH-A900Xs sound really good (closed headphone).
The Brainwarz HM5 is a good deal for a closed headphone.
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250-Ohm, need a decent headphone amp.post #15680 of 294906/21/12 at 11:16pmpost #15681 of 294906/21/12 at 11:18pmpost #15682 of 294906/21/12 at 11:28pmpost #15683 of 294906/21/12 at 11:46pm
Hey, Im looking for some good headphones around $200, closed, and keep out most if not all noise. (Looking good is always a plus!)
What music I listen to... Mainly everything but like classic and country.
All I've heard so far is Sony's V6 And ATHM50, any insight on these or should I go with something else? (Anything that has a better build quality?)
Also, I don't know if it will help or not but Ill be getting the samsung galaxy s3 as the source of music (mp3 player)
Thanks for any help. :)post #15684 of 294906/21/12 at 11:49pm
Hi gents :)
So up until now I've been using earbuds (yeah I know), but I just can't do it anymore. It's time to upgrade to some decent headphones.
Now, first up I'll be using a Samsung Galaxy S3 as my main music player, so whatever I get will need to be ok with that. From all reports, the S3 has a pretty decent DAC (Wolfson Micro WM1811 - http://www.head-fi.org/t/608535/wolfson-dac-confirmed-for-galaxy-s3), and when Supercurio releases Voodoo Sound it should get a fair bit better.
As for the music I listen to, it's mostly Alternative guitary stuff (Weezer, NOFX, Elbow, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc etc). Nothing terrible nuanced, but I still want to get the most out of it as I've recently upgraded all my music to FLAC.
Budget is under $200 (I'm in Australia but happy to order overseas for the most part. Amazon etc).
So after bumming around this forum for the past couple of days I've been looking at the Audio Technica M50 and also the Sennheiser HD558. Now this is by no means a final list as this whole process is terribly hard. Everyone has different opinions, and as soon as you start to settle on something, someone comes along with "well yeah that's a good set of cans, but these are better....". Rinse and repeat :) The M50 are obviously fairly popular on here, being #3 on the list and all, and from what I can tell most people like the HD558's generally as well.
Just hoping someone can offer some feedback on those suggestions for me (considering my musical tastes and music player), and maybe offer an alternative or two (without bombarding me with a million new options that'll just make this harder) :D
If you need any more info, just let me know.
Thanks!!post #15685 of 294906/21/12 at 11:50pm
"meaning that I need good sound isolation and for them to be over-ear phones."
Here is a link to a pair,that meets some of your criteria......Price
These are modded T50rp's..modded by Maddog..they are a closed headphone
I own a pair and they are outstanding,some say they even come close to the Audezez Lcd-2
Not sure they meet all your criteria..not over ear,..but,.....good price and excellent SQ...Money back ,if not completely satisfied..post #15686 of 294906/22/12 at 12:14ampost #15687 of 294906/22/12 at 12:46am
Could someone please give me help on mine? Had no help, besides one person. If you haven't seen my post, it's on page 1035.
My budget is $200 AUD (willing to stretch about $30), but am willing to order overseas, and on sites such as eBay and Amazon. I was looking at the AKG Q701s, as I found those for about $230 on Amazon, but I found out that they are open. I need closed, as I can't have leakage (will be using at school). I want to use these for gaming, music and movies. They also need to look good.
I liked the AKG Q701s, but they are open. Are there good looking headphones that are like the Q701s, but closed?
I will be using these on my Dell Latitude XT3, my Galaxy S2, and my surround sound system at home (don't know anything about this, besides the brands of the parts). I need these headphones to be able to be driven by these. I am willing to buy an amp, but it has to be portable and fit in the budget alongside the headphones.
All help is greatly appreciated.
Edited by DaanaltheNoob - 6/22/12 at 1:10ampost #15688 of 294906/22/12 at 12:52ampost #15689 of 294906/22/12 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by PurpleAngel
I talk about adding the DAC because some people have problems hooking an external headphone amplifier up to the RCA outputs on their receiver (not sure why).
And you did say you wanted the headphones to sound "awesome", the $65 external DAC should have a DAC chip that is better then the Onkyo's.
Receivers are going to come with the cheapest DACs that do the job.
I'm not anti-Onkyo, I've owned three of their receivers in the past 4 years.
I like sound cards(Xonars) because they offer Dolby Virtual headphone surround sound for movies and some games
I'm all for you first trying the HD650 straight into the Onkyos headphone jack (why not).
And I'm sure most decent aftermarket headphone amplifiers are better at driving the HD650 then the Onkyo.
Just trying to list all your possible options and understand them before spending all that money on the Sennheiser HD650s
ah im really grateful for all your insights and help :) So let's say i'll get Asus Xonar DX and HD650.
As I've read about something called "jitter" - http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue43/jitter.htm I was thinking I might aswell replace my source to the onkyo receiver and use ASUS optical out instead of internal motherboard. Not sure if this actually makes a difference... but according to what ive read it will...
So it would look like this:
Asus Xonar DX/D1 Optical output > Onkyo
Asus Xonar DX/D1 RCAA > AMP > Headphones.
This will also make it easy switching when I want to listen to headphones/speakers.
It's either this solution or just get all external which also allows me to use it incase I get a laptop. example like getting Fiio e9/e17 comb or some other solution around 400USD cost.
I've come to a conclusion that I dont want tubes as that requires maintance.
Edited by forell88 - 6/22/12 at 1:01ampost #15690 of 294906/22/12 at 1:35amQuote:
I quite like
Specifically the fact that they have free shipping and a 20-day return policy where you get store credit for the value of the headphones you return
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Wanted: Schiit Bifrost Multibit 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 1 minute ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 2 minutes ago
- › Help: Searching fruitlessly for quality, affordable & easy-to-use... 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official ♦♦ Chord Hugo2 Canadian Tour ♦♦ Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K-500 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 13 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear