or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1006  

post #15076 of 29490

Hello everybody,

 

For a few months I've been research headsets and as a result I'm pretty much committed to build a starving student millet hybrid tube amp and purchase some headsets.

 

These headsets will be mainly used for gaming and music, mostly music though. 

 

Some examples of music I listen to are:

Slayers

Animal Collective

Kimbra

Johanna Newsom

Flaming Lips

Sage Francis

 

Basically, I listen to a wide assortment of music. I really enjoy clarity in music, and I like picking up individual instruments and finding new details in music. I'm not a basshead, but I do listen to music that have a lot of bass too.

 

At first I was dead set on purchasing a pair of AKG K701, but I'm not sure if I want to make such a purchase without getting an idea of what I'm truly looking for. For one, I don't have a way to try out headphones before purchasing (unless anyone knows a place in Denver). Secondly, I don't want to fool myself into thinking I'm listening to a superior pair of headset because I drop a few hundred dollars on them.

 

So I'm kind of leaning heavily towards the Fostex T50RP. I enjoy its modability, its price, and people reviews and opinions on it. 

 

Does anyone have any recommendation outside of the T50RP? 

post #15077 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imisstheghetto View Post

Hello,
I'm looking for some recommendations on some over the ear headphones. So far I've been looking into the Audio Technica ATH M50's and the V-Moda LP2's. I listen to mostly Alternative rock, hip-hop and some jazz. I want some headphones with good bass but I'm not super bass-happy. The just need to be well balanced and clear. So if anyone could give me some suggestions on which ones are better, and/or other recommendations, that'd be sweet.
Thanks

 

The LP's are super bassy. I think you'd be fairly happy with the ATH-M50's. You could wait for the VModa M100 to come out.

post #15078 of 29490

Hello all,

 

I'm looking for a new pair of head phones under $200, currently using Klipsch s4i but they are not satisfying enough.

- I'll be using it for music and movies on my MBP and iPhone both at home and at school/library so no sound leakage is very important.

- Over ear is also preferred for some noise isolation.

- I listen to everything; classical, rock, mainstream pop, underground hip-hop, trance, country ect., so it should be balanced, and the bass should be there but not overwhelming.

- Has to be comfortable.

- I won't be using an extra amp.

- Volume isn't important, however clarity is. 

 

The Ultrasone HFI 780 seems to meet my needs, however I was wondering if it was any good for movies?

 

I'm also open to other suggestions/recommendations. Thanks, in advance. :)

post #15079 of 29490

Hello again gang. I've been given the chance to snag a pair of new Sennheiser HD595 from work for under 70 bucks. Currently own XB-500's but find them to low-end heavy so would like to try an open pair of full 'phones. Very into The Beatles, Fleet Foxes, jangly indie rock, and lots more. What do you all think? No amp, just my Macbook Pro and iPhone but could stretch for a inexpensive headphone amp possibly if worth it. 

post #15080 of 29490

Hey guys ive read that when you get high end headphone you should burn them in for atleast 40 hours , so i put them in the sun for 40 hours total but im worried because i cant get any sound from it now , so what went wrong ? probably i didnt count the hours right ? and its still under 40 hours ? what should i do ?angry_face.gifvery_evil_smiley.gif

post #15081 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasmith3244 View Post

Hello again gang. I've been given the chance to snag a pair of new Sennheiser HD595 from work for under 70 bucks. Currently own XB-500's but find them to low-end heavy so would like to try an open pair of full 'phones. Very into The Beatles, Fleet Foxes, jangly indie rock, and lots more. What do you all think? No amp, just my Macbook Pro and iPhone but could stretch for a inexpensive headphone amp possibly if worth it. 

HD595 definitely.

post #15082 of 29490

im lookin for a pair of over the ear headphones for about 100 $. i wanna use dem mostly for music and movies on my laptop mostly. i wont be using an amp. im currently confused between the koss pro dj100 , creative aurvana live (CAL) and the ath-m35. plzz suggest.other dan these three also welcome.

cheers!!!

post #15083 of 29490

im lookin for a pair of over the ear headphones for about 100 $. i wanna use dem mostly for music and movies on my laptop mostly. i wont be using an amp. im currently confused between the koss pro dj100 , creative aurvana live (CAL) and the ath-m35. plzz suggest.other dan these three also welcome.

cheers!!!

post #15084 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDobermanxX View Post

Hey guys ive read that when you get high end headphone you should burn them in for atleast 40 hours , so i put them in the sun for 40 hours total but im worried because i cant get any sound from it now , so what went wrong ? probably i didnt count the hours right ? and its still under 40 hours ? what should i do ?angry_face.gifvery_evil_smiley.gif

9587601.jpg

 

Anyway, burning in a pair of headphones is like breaking in a new pair of shoes. You can just use them and they'll burn in eventually. You can also leave the headphone playing for an extended amount of time at a high volume. If your headphones aren't working anymore, well, time to either take them in for a replacement or put 'em in the trash.

 

This is as far as I'm going with this. Do not expect another reply from me, at least.

post #15085 of 29490

Sounds like what I would of done a few years ago.  Actually, you don't want to stick them in the sun at all.  What is meant by burn in is playing music on the headphones at a soft level.  I think it's just psychological though so I don't do it at all.  Your headphones are probably broken now and they will not be covered by warranty.  Take them out of the sun let them cool and then give em a try.

post #15086 of 29490

I'm looking for headphones in the 200-300$ price range. I want big bass :). I am looking for headphones well suited for dubstep and hip hop. I would prefer the type of headphone that clamps around your ear (not sure what it's called). I do not have an amp, and I would be listening mainly from my laptap and ipod. I don't want the headphones to look too dumb, so aesthetics do matter. I am new to buying expensive headphone and would appreciate your help :D

post #15087 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantleygtboy View Post

I'm looking for headphones in the 200-300$ price range. I want big bass :). I am looking for headphones well suited for dubstep and hip hop. I would prefer the type of headphone that clamps around your ear (not sure what it's called). I do not have an amp, and I would be listening mainly from my laptap and ipod. I don't want the headphones to look too dumb, so aesthetics do matter. I am new to buying expensive headphone and would appreciate your help :D

The denon d2000 sounds like what you would want except for the looks part. I mean, it doen't look bad but it's not exactly matter.

post #15088 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlobHobNob View Post

The denon d2000 sounds like what you would want except for the looks part. I mean, it doen't look bad but it's not exactly matter.

Also, it's a very unportable headphone. Word is, that they have to be well taken care of or they'll break.

post #15089 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantleygtboy View Post

I'm looking for headphones in the 200-300$ price range. I want big bass :). I am looking for headphones well suited for dubstep and hip hop. I would prefer the type of headphone that clamps around your ear (not sure what it's called). I do not have an amp, and I would be listening mainly from my laptap and ipod. I don't want the headphones to look too dumb, so aesthetics do matter. I am new to buying expensive headphone and would appreciate your help :D

Have you looked at the Vmoda 80? They are pretty stylish too.

post #15090 of 29490

I'll take a look at those

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum