or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1003  

post #15031 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1026 View Post

I need a recommendation for my cousin. We might get him headphones since he liked my Bose IEM's, and I know there's better ones out there.

 

Budget - 100-115$

Isolation would be nice.

Closed

In-ear

 

He listens to rock and rap. I think he listens to Nickelback quite often. Which IEM's would you guys recommend?

I would post this in the IEM section of headfi.

post #15032 of 29490

Hello. I decided that I will probably get the alessandro ms-2. However I just have one question. Do they have the same ugly chrome material as the newest sr325is? Such as these? If they do, it won't really discourage me from buying them, I would just like to know before hand. Thank you!Grado SR325is-500x500.png

post #15033 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by odehib View Post

Hello. I decided that I will probably get the alessandro ms-2. However I just have one question. Do they have the same ugly chrome material as the newest sr325is? Such as these? If they do, it won't really discourage me from buying them, I would just like to know before hand. Thank you!Grado SR325is-500x500.png

 

1000x500px-LL-2d18d180_Alessandro_MS2.jpg

post #15034 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by odehib View Post

Hello. I decided that I will probably get the alessandro ms-2. However I just have one question. Do they have the same ugly chrome material as the newest sr325is? Such as these? If they do, it won't really discourage me from buying them, I would just like to know before hand. Thank you!Grado SR325is-500x500.png

 

They are not quite as shiny as the above picture suggests.  They're more gray than reflective crome.

post #15035 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by odehib View Post

Hello. I decided that I will probably get the alessandro ms-2. However I just have one question. Do they have the same ugly chrome material as the newest sr325is? Such as these? If they do, it won't really discourage me from buying them, I would just like to know before hand. Thank you!

I think they look great, but that's just my opinion. I don't know if they're made of the  same material though.

post #15036 of 29490

Ok guys, thanks for all your help! I'll order the ms-2's soon, and in the meantime, I'll try not to read anything on this site, as I tend to change my mind every time I read a new thread. biggrin.gif

post #15037 of 29490

Hey guys! So i want the m50's badly for the past few months. But because the cord of the M50 is not removable so i lost interest. But with this site: http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/ATH-M50-R-SPECIAL

they already modified the headphones and made the cord detachable. So I just want to ask if is it a safe buy? 

 

(P.S.:I am from the Philippines so i just want to confirm it)

post #15038 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mironov View Post

Hey guys! So i want the m50's badly for the past few months. But because the cord of the M50 is not removable so i lost interest. But with this site: http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/ATH-M50-R-SPECIAL

they already modified the headphones and made the cord detachable. So I just want to ask if is it a safe buy? 

 

(P.S.:I am from the Philippines so i just want to confirm it)

http://myworld.ebay.com/soundpro99/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
 

This is there ebay page, yes they are safe I just ordered those specific headphones from them via their ebay because they have worldwide free shipping and you can even make an offer to try and get it less.  I got mines for $150.  Btw I'll tell you this now, the chord is really long lol.

post #15039 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerona View Post

http://myworld.ebay.com/soundpro99/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
 

This is there ebay page, yes they are safe I just ordered those specific headphones from them via their ebay because they have worldwide free shipping and you can even make an offer to try and get it less.  I got mines for $150.  Btw I'll tell you this now, the chord is really long lol.

hey thanks so much! i appreciate your help! :D Btw the link i posted has the coiled cable. does yours come with the straight?

post #15040 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mironov View Post

hey thanks so much! i appreciate your help! :D Btw the link i posted has the coiled cable. does yours come with the straight?

 

Ooh didn't know they have a removable coiled version.  I should order that lol. The straight cable is rediculously long.  If you PM them a message on ebay beforehand and ask if you can get the coiled version instead I'm sure they can accommodate you.  

post #15041 of 29490
a slight update from my earlier post,
i came across the MDR-ZX700 in the shops here, and it only costs 72 euro´s including postage... but i cant find a lot of reviews... is it worth a try?
or should i still get the v6/7506?
Edited by sagebeard - 5/28/12 at 9:49am
post #15042 of 29490

Well, Tyll likes them more than the M50: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-zx700

post #15043 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagebeard View Post

a slight update from my earlier post,
i came across the MDR-ZX700 in the shops here, and it only costs 72 euro´s including postage... but i cant find a lot of reviews... is it worth a try?
or should i still get the v6/7506?

 

The 700 is a very nice can for hitting the road/street and playing with your unamped portable stuff.  I don't have the 7506, but have the similar 7510.  The 7510 extends the frequency response, especially on the low end.

post #15044 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

 

There's a very large thread here on the AKG K 550.  You can check there, but I believe that it will require an amp to sound its best.  Two good closed cans that don't need an amp are the Ultrasone HiFi 780 and the KRK KNS-6400.


I might consider getting the AKG K550 with an amp if it's worth the extra money - would there be a significant difference between the quality of an amped AKG K550 and, let's say, a grado/alessandro, Ultrasone HiFi 780 or KRK KNS-6400? If so, how much would you recommend spending on an amp?

post #15045 of 29490

Hello Head-Fi,

 

I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones in the $100 to $150 price range. Currently I own a pair of JVC HA-RX700's and while they have performed exceptionally well for their price over the past year I feel it is time to move onto something with far higher sound quality. I currently attend a University and live on-campus where I do not have access to a nice sound system, so I use my headphones on a daily basis for playing video games, listening to music, etc. Thus far I am torn between the Audio Technica ATH-M50's and the Ultrasone HFI-780's. I've heard both good and bad things about both headphones, first off comfort is a key element for me, and I've heard that the HFI-780's can be horribly uncomfortable for extended periods of time compared to the ATH-M50's. On the other side I've heard that the bass, frequency response, lows, mids, and high's were better on the HFI-780's. Some people have also told me that the HFI-780's have a shrilling or metallic treble that is not pleasant to the ear and makes listening to metal or rock music on them underwhelming. As far as the HFI-780's S-Logic+ goes, I am interested. I've heard everything from it makes the soundstage far more immersive and expansive to it doesn't work and makes the music lack focus or clarity, especially in the vocal department. 

As far as music goes I listen to almost everything from hip-hop and rap, metal, rock, jazz, blues, pop, and classical. I listen to my music on vinyl records (which I sadly am without when living on campus, though I would use my headphones for listening to them late a night when home), compact-discs, or wave files. Both headphones can be found on Amazon for almost the same price and I'm split between them.

Any suggestions? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum