or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 981  

post #14701 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by luberger View Post

Local store has denon ahd700 for 450 pounds (~680US) is it a good price??

 

That's amazingly good price in Europe. Cheapest I've seen is probably 599£. (And returned open box currently 499£ in Amazon.co.uk)

 

Which shop? If you want it, get it before it's too late..


Edited by hekeli - 5/13/12 at 1:05am
post #14702 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlobHobNob View Post

I was thinking, and in all seriosness I would really save your money up to buy yourself some grados. Nonething beats them for rock music, and I mean nothing. You will be so glad you did. I'm sorry if I am being rude but you will thank me after you get them.

Don't worry, you aren't being rude...just helpful smile.gif ! However, the sr60is cost £90 in the UK and I am afraid to say these are out of my price range. I am sure they sound better but the problem is that I don't really need £90s worth of phones and if they were that expensive, I start getting worried about getting them nicked which could happen. Thank you very much for the suggestion though, it was much appreciated. I am currently looking between the m30 still and the sony mdr-v6. I have a sony centre near me and I can see the m30s near me as well. I am afraid I really don't want to buy a set of phones blind, I am sure you can understand that I really want to feel/listen to them first. It might be worth saying, I have never owned top of the range phones before, I have some Audio Technica CK300M earbuds and some sony wireless phones but neither are amazing so I am sure a slight fluctuation in sound quality won't be a problem as much. As for the Kicker, they are a nightmare to get in the UK, I'd probably have to import them from the US. The Superflux I can get from Europe, possibly UK but it is going to be hard to try them first but I am still looking into it. Also, my friend's brother works in the music industry and he can get speakers stupidly cheap, I am going to ask him if he can get me some decent headphones though, he might be able to get some m50s for me in budget but I don't know!

 

Thank you everyone for suggestions, it is very helpful. The first things that I'll do will be to ask my friend to see what he can do. If that isn't successful, I'll have a look at the m30s and the sonys. If I love either one, I'll probably get it, if I am not sure about it, I'll keep having a look around. Maybe I might have a shot at the grados wink_face.gif !!! Am still looking for reasonable ideas on songs to use for a 5 minute testing of headphones if anyone has any ideas.

 

Thanks again, the help given has been much appreciated.

 

Music Guy

post #14703 of 29490

Hey Guys, Since I will be going to college in about a year. I want a set of headphones that are either semi open or closed back but I want the feel of a open can. I have a budget of 500 USD for an amp + headphone. My original thoughts were of getting a E17 + Hd598 but sincve E17 are not readily available it is difficult.

I have about 400 USD amazon credit so I prefer from buying from amazon.

I play videogames on my computer, I enjoy listening to music and I would like to have some type of bass that give is noticeable. I listen to a lot of Rock, Classic, sometimes Pop music. I also prefer the headphones to not be ugly like the Beyerdynamics thanks!

post #14704 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Guy123 View Post

Don't worry, you aren't being rude...just helpful smile.gif ! However, the sr60is cost £90 in the UK and I am afraid to say these are out of my price range. I am sure they sound better but the problem is that I don't really need £90s worth of phones and if they were that expensive, I start getting worried about getting them nicked which could happen. Thank you very much for the suggestion though, it was much appreciated. I am currently looking between the m30 still and the sony mdr-v6. I have a sony centre near me and I can see the m30s near me as well. I am afraid I really don't want to buy a set of phones blind, I am sure you can understand that I really want to feel/listen to them first. It might be worth saying, I have never owned top of the range phones before, I have some Audio Technica CK300M earbuds and some sony wireless phones but neither are amazing so I am sure a slight fluctuation in sound quality won't be a problem as much. As for the Kicker, they are a nightmare to get in the UK, I'd probably have to import them from the US. The Superflux I can get from Europe, possibly UK but it is going to be hard to try them first but I am still looking into it. Also, my friend's brother works in the music industry and he can get speakers stupidly cheap, I am going to ask him if he can get me some decent headphones though, he might be able to get some m50s for me in budget but I don't know!

 

Thank you everyone for suggestions, it is very helpful. The first things that I'll do will be to ask my friend to see what he can do. If that isn't successful, I'll have a look at the m30s and the sonys. If I love either one, I'll probably get it, if I am not sure about it, I'll keep having a look around. Maybe I might have a shot at the grados wink_face.gif !!! Am still looking for reasonable ideas on songs to use for a 5 minute testing of headphones if anyone has any ideas.

 

Thanks again, the help given has been much appreciated.

 

Music Guy

I've done a bit more research and I forgot that grados are way more expensive over seas. In america the sr60i goes for 80 dollars which is equivilent to 61.94 euros. Sorry bout that, but I think If you can't get the grados the m30 or the v6 will be a great choice. If this is your first audiophile headphone, you will be extremely happy with either one. Alot of people's first good headphone is the v6. My opinion is that you try both the m30 and the v6 out. Also, use songs you're most familiar with so you can get a good idea of the differences. Best of luck!

post #14705 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlobHobNob View Post

I've done a bit more research and I forgot that grados are way more expensive over seas. In america the sr60i goes for 80 dollars which is equivilent to 61.94 euros. Sorry bout that, but I think If you can't get the grados the m30 or the v6 will be a great choice. If this is your first audiophile headphone, you will be extremely happy with either one. Alot of people's first good headphone is the v6. My opinion is that you try both the m30 and the v6 out. Also, use songs you're most familiar with so you can get a good idea of the differences. Best of luck!

Thank you, I will listen to them both, I'll just use a song from each of rock,folk,alternative and some electric for testing. That is a pretty good range, I am sure I won't be disappointed at all. As for prices, everything is much more expensive in the UK. In the U.S., you can get M50s for ~$110 right? Well, that is £70 but in the UK, an m50 here will set you back £135, that is over $215! So, now you can see how expensive it is for us! The m30 is £55 in the UK, that is $88. Sony v6 are pretty similar to that. So, it is incredibly expensive! I can get some M50s imported from America over eBay which will cost £88 ($141) which isn't bad at all and it looks pretty trusted: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Studio-Monitor-Headphones-Coiled-Cable?item=270967926687&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8389305843293418805#ht_1475wt_1396 However, I'll start by listening to the m30 and v6 and then I'll go from there, I am sure these will last me the next 4 or so years, then maybe halfway through uni I might treat myself to whatever is good at the time! Thank you very much for the help everyone, it has been very much appreciated.

 

Music Guy

post #14706 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Guy123 View Post

Thank you, I will listen to them both, I'll just use a song from each of rock,folk,alternative and some electric for testing. That is a pretty good range, I am sure I won't be disappointed at all. As for prices, everything is much more expensive in the UK. In the U.S., you can get M50s for ~$110 right? Well, that is £70 but in the UK, an m50 here will set you back £135, that is over $215! So, now you can see how expensive it is for us! The m30 is £55 in the UK, that is $88. Sony v6 are pretty similar to that. So, it is incredibly expensive! I can get some M50s imported from America over eBay which will cost £88 ($141) which isn't bad at all and it looks pretty trusted: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Studio-Monitor-Headphones-Coiled-Cable?item=270967926687&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8389305843293418805#ht_1475wt_1396 However, I'll start by listening to the m30 and v6 and then I'll go from there, I am sure these will last me the next 4 or so years, then maybe halfway through uni I might treat myself to whatever is good at the time! Thank you very much for the help everyone, it has been very much appreciated.

 

Music Guy

Post an impression thread when you get them I'd like to hear what you think. Best of luck!!

post #14707 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlobHobNob View Post

Post an impression thread when you get them I'd like to hear what you think. Best of luck!!

Will do! Can't say I know all the technical garbal so won't be able to tell you whether some low-mid is slightly mellow or something but I can tell you my overall impression. However, I don't know quite when I will be able to get them, it could be anything between 2 weeks to end of June. I currently have exams coming up so it is going to be all go! I will come back and give my impressions though.

post #14708 of 29490

AKG K-240 vs. Grado SR-60i. Which is the better bang for your buck?

post #14709 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lm8753 View Post

AKG K-240 vs. Grado SR-60i. Which is the better bang for your buck?

The grado sr60i just may be the best bang for buck ever with the exception of the sr80i,

post #14710 of 29490
What would you reccommend upto 200 dollars. My source is galaxy s2 or iPod touch stream through MOG. 320 kbs. I have no amp or da and this would be my first entry level headphone. I listen to hip hop. I thought about getting v moda m80s but I fear them being stolen, if this is a possible problem how would the Beyer dt 770 fare would you recommend the 32ohm 80 ohm or 250 ohm version. Also what amp would you reccomend to supplement it.
post #14711 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lm8753 View Post

AKG K-240 vs. Grado SR-60i. Which is the better bang for your buck?

 

They are very close at current U.S. pricing.  But they are also very different.  If you like the Grado sound signature over the solid all rounder in its price class that is the AKG, get it.  But if you don't like the Grado sound signature and/or find the Grado to be uncomfortable (many are in one or both of these camps), then the Grado is a very bad value.

post #14712 of 29490

Can someone help me decide on a soundcard for my HD598?

 

Will they sound better with the Asus Xonar ST or the Creative X-FI Titanium HD? Which one do you guys reccomend for gaming?

post #14713 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxedfire View Post

Can someone help me decide on a soundcard for my HD598?

 

Will they sound better with the Asus Xonar ST or the Creative X-FI Titanium HD? Which one do you guys reccomend for gaming?

 

You might get a better and faster answer by posting you question here:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/f/46/computer-audio

post #14714 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayalor View Post

What would you reccommend upto 200 dollars. My source is galaxy s2 or iPod touch stream through MOG. 320 kbs. I have no amp or da and this would be my first entry level headphone. I listen to hip hop. I thought about getting v moda m80s but I fear them being stolen, if this is a possible problem how would the Beyer DT 770 fare would you recommend the 32ohm 80 ohm or 250 ohm version. Also what amp would you recommend to supplement it.

Are you looking for closed headphones only, the KRK KNS 6400 are easy to drive

 

Semi-open headphones

Something as low cost as the Samson SR850 (made by Superlux) or the Superlux HD668B.

 

My Fiio E11 does a great job of driving my headphones.

 

DT770 Pro 80-Ohm and 250-Ohm are cheaper then the DT770 Premium 32-Ohm,

use the leftover cash for the headphone amplifier

post #14715 of 29490

Hey Guys, Since I will be going to college in about a year. I want a set of headphones that are either semi open or closed back but I want the feel of a open can. I have a budget of 500 USD for an amp + headphone. My original thoughts were of getting a E17 + Hd598 but sincve E17 are not readily available it is difficult.

I have about 400 USD amazon credit so I prefer from buying from amazon.

I play videogames on my computer, I enjoy listening to music and I would like to have some type of bass that give is noticeable. I listen to a lot of Rock, Classic, sometimes Pop music. I also prefer the headphones to not be ugly like the Beyerdynamics thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum