or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 974  

post #14596 of 29490

Hey guys, 

 

My M50s has been broken for a couple of months, and I am just wondering...Is there a way to buy new drivers for them? Thanks!

post #14597 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynch View Post

I want a fun headphone under $250 with great build quality and a detachable cable that is easy to drive. 

 

That's quite wide open, but I'll take a shot:

 

Ultrasone Pro 750, Shure SRH 940 or AKG Q 701 (not as easy to drive as other two).

 

You will want to amp all of these.

 

If no amp, try  the less expensive Shure SRH 840.


Edited by KG Jag - 5/8/12 at 5:04pm
post #14598 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

 

That's quite wide open, but I'll take a shot:

 

Ultrasone Pro 750, Shure SRH 940 or AKG Q 701 (not as easy to drive as other two).

 

You will want to amp all of these.

 

If no amp, try  the less expensive Shure SRH 840.

I wouldn't call the srh 840 fun, it has a very flat response if you want fun, check out the grado sr225i"s.

post #14599 of 29490

Hey guys. Looking for some opinions. I currently have a Fiio E11 headphone amp. I am looking for a pair of headphones that I can use with the amp and improve the sound, but also plug straight into my iPhone/computer without the amp and have decent quality sound as well. I also travel quite a bit so closed would be preferable. As far as sound preference I love listening to pretty much every type of music. Though if I had a choice it would be techno, classical, hip hop, rock. So being well rounded is a must. Watching movies is something I find myself doing frequently as well. As far as gaming I have a separate pair of cans for that, so that is not really a concern. Besides that I am just looking for something that I can use at home and also out on the road for any type of media. Price range is not a concern really. Thanks guys for your help.

post #14600 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lm8753 View Post

Hey guys. Looking for some opinions. I currently have a Fiio E11 headphone amp. I am looking for a pair of headphones that I can use with the amp and improve the sound, but also plug straight into my iPhone/computer without the amp and have decent quality sound as well. I also travel quite a bit so closed would be preferable. As far as sound preference I love listening to pretty much every type of music. Though if I had a choice it would be techno, classical, hip hop, rock. So being well rounded is a must. Watching movies is something I find myself doing frequently as well. As far as gaming I have a separate pair of cans for that, so that is not really a concern. Besides that I am just looking for something that I can use at home and also out on the road for any type of media. Price range is not a concern really. Thanks guys for your help.

What's your price range?

post #14601 of 29490

I would like to stay under $500

post #14602 of 29490

And if it makes any difference I just had a pair of Beats by Dre Pro's which I absolutely hated. They were given to me as a gift and I just sold them a few days ago. The sound and comfort on them was terrible in my honest opinion. When I say the sound was terrible I'm comparing them to similarly priced headphones with good reviews (AKG, Sennheiser, Beyer)


Edited by Lm8753 - 5/8/12 at 6:11pm
post #14603 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlobHobNob View Post

Ok, if comefort is an issue, you could always get they beyerdynamic dt770 80 ohm and pick up a fiio e11. It has an excellant soundstage for a closed can, and the bass on these things will make your hair stand on your neck when listening to skrillex.

 

I was actually thinking about getting Beyerdynamic's dt880 600ohm. Does it need an amp? 

It's about 70-ish dollars above my limit but I think I can make due with it if that is all I need to buy. 

post #14604 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlobHobNob View Post

I wouldn't call the srh 840 fun, it has a very flat response if you want fun, check out the grado sr225i"s.

 

The Grado does not have a detachable cable.

post #14605 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lm8753 View Post

I would like to stay under $500

The audio technica ath-es10 sounds perfect for you.

post #14606 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lm8753 View Post

Hey guys. Looking for some opinions. I currently have a Fiio E11 headphone amp. I am looking for a pair of headphones that I can use with the amp and improve the sound, but also plug straight into my iPhone/computer without the amp and have decent quality sound as well. I also travel quite a bit so closed would be preferable. As far as sound preference I love listening to pretty much every type of music. Though if I had a choice it would be techno, classical, hip hop, rock. So being well rounded is a must. Watching movies is something I find myself doing frequently as well. As far as gaming I have a separate pair of cans for that, so that is not really a concern. Besides that I am just looking for something that I can use at home and also out on the road for any type of media. Price range is not a concern really. Thanks guys for your help.

 

The problem is that any closed can (which I assume you want for travel) that will play well and at/near its potential will top out at about 1/2 your $500 budget.  Do you want to spend the $500, if that is the case?

 

See cans rated "1" (or even an iffy "2") here:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/a/buying-guide-headphones-by-price-range

 

and

 

http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

post #14607 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowxeagel View Post

However many reviews state that the comfort on the Audio Technica AD900s is really bad. I wear glasses, plus i'd like to use it for gaming, so comfort is a big thing/ being able to wear it for a long time. 


I wear glasses and find the ATH AD700s to be comfortable.  The AD900, I think, have a very similar fit.  You may also consider the Ortofon O-one, which, in my opinion, has excellent soundstaging and a very good natural balance for classical music.

post #14608 of 29490
Based on the buying guides im leaning towards 3 of them. I am also putting aside the closed headphone mindframe. Im between the AKG Q701, Audio Technica ATH-AD900 and the Denon AH-D2000. Which one of these would be better as a well rounded pair of headphones (music, movies, games)? And also which would benefit from my fiio e11, but at the same time do fine without it? Thx
post #14609 of 29490
Okay, so I'm really having a hard time.

I am deciding between (generally) ATHM50, ATH 900X, Ultrasone 750 Pro, Shure 840, Shure 940, Etc. I previously had the open Beyer 990 Pro open back cans, and totally lived them. I want that same kind of sound and performance - I have been told that is U sounding, and if true I would like that again again be ause I loved the sound. I'm just having such a hard time deciding. Any suggestions?
post #14610 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowxeagel View Post

 

I was actually thinking about getting Beyerdynamic's dt880 600ohm. Does it need an amp? 

It's about 70-ish dollars above my limit but I think I can make due with it if that is all I need to buy. 

You will definitely need an amp. I just got the DT880 250 ohm and it can barely be used without one (though it is not recommended), but I have the e9/e7 combo that I am using it with. If you are stretching your budget to get this phone it will be a waste because you will definitely need an amp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum