or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 941  

post #14101 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post



I like the CAL quite a lot, but $100?  That brings a lot of other good headphones into play, like the AKG K240 Studio, Sony ZX700 and the virtually indestructable Sony MDR V6.  Looking at your other post, this is for your girlfriend and will be used as a portable?  In that case I think you should take a look at the Sony ZX700.  MacMall has them for $75.


I may just go that route. I can't exactly wait for the CALs to go down in price seeing as I have 2 weeks till her birthday. Another person suggested the Ultrasone HFI-450s; anyone have an opinion on which of the two is the better value? ZX700s are $75, cheapest I found the HFI450s were for $100. Thanks for the help!

 

post #14102 of 29490

Just looking for more opinions, Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH840 what would you chose?

 

I listen to rap and a little rock. But what one would you go with and why?

post #14103 of 29490

Hi All, I am new here and will be after some headphones in the next few weeks.

 

They will be used solely at home, late night listening with the following-

 

Philips CD-850

Luxman PD-272/Sure M97Xe/Rotel RQ-970BX

Arcam AVR200 / Sony TA-F670ES

 

And I will use the Headphone amp in either the Sony or Arcam for the moment,

 

-I dont mind Open Backed.

 

-Budget <£100 (Ideally around £60)

 

-Music tastes are everything from Indie, Rock, Electronic, 70's/80's etc.

 

-I am after some On Ear/Around Ear Headphones (Over Ear etc)

 

-If it helps, I like speakers like the ATC SCM7

 

The only headphones/earphones I have had before were some cheap Sennheiser CX-300 which I thought were mediocre at best.

I quite liked the Denon In-Ear models, sound wise, but found them uncomfortable, like the AH-C551 and the model above ?? (I did not get a chance to hear their headphones), where as I found the Grado SR60, and SR80 to be a bit too bright.

 

From initial research, I have been looking at the following models- (mainly down to aesthetics)

AKG K240 MkII

AKG K99

Audio Technica ATH-AD500

 

Cheers, Rob


Edited by Hoopsontoast - 4/17/12 at 4:59am
post #14104 of 29490

The ATh-M50 because it has cleaner bass and is more portable.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10halec View Post

Just looking for more opinions, Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH840 what would you chose?

 

I listen to rap and a little rock. But what one would you go with and why?



 

post #14105 of 29490

D2000 when on sale (which is pretty much always; check out Electronics Expo and the deals thread in this forum). Especially if your office environment is safe enough you can leave it at work. Its not really a portable headphone.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acti0n View Post

 

I work in a fairly quiet office and sit close to several coworkers. I need a headphone that meets the following requirements:

 

- low sound leakage

- doesn't require amp

- sounds fine with laptop or phone as source

- comfortable for extended periods

- mostly listen to electronica, rock, and sometimes rap

- under $200



 

post #14106 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsontoast View Post

Hi All, I am new here and will be after some headphones in the next few weeks.

 

They will be used solely at home, late night listening with the following-

 

Philips CD-850

Luxman PD-272/Sure M97Xe/Rotel RQ-970BX

Arcam AVR200 / Sony TA-F670ES

 

And I will use the Headphone amp in either the Sony or Arcam for the moment,

 

-I dont mind Open Backed.

 

-Budget <£100 (Ideally around £60)

 

-Music tastes are everything from Indie, Rock, Electronic, 70's/80's etc.

 

-I am after some On Ear/Around Ear Headphones (Over Ear etc)

 

-If it helps, I like speakers like the ATC SCM7

 

The only headphones/earphones I have had before were some cheap Sennheiser CX-300 which I thought were mediocre at best.

I quite liked the Denon In-Ear models, sound wise, but found them uncomfortable, like the AH-C551 and the model above ?? (I did not get a chance to hear their headphones), where as I found the Grado SR60, and SR80 to be a bit too bright.

 

From initial research, I have been looking at the following models- (mainly down to aesthetics)

AKG K240 MkII

AKG K99

Audio Technica ATH-AD500

 

Cheers, Rob


The AKG K240 MkII would be a good, all purpose headphone for you.  If you don't need the velour pads, or the extra cord, the K240 Studio is the same headphone (just no extras included).  The Studio model is considerably less expensive.

 

 

 

post #14107 of 29490

What kind of music do you listen to? Are they going to be portable, or for home use? Or both?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroakuma View Post

At this moment, I am amp and headphone-less. I pretty much sold my T1, D7000, AD2000, and my Nuforce Icon HDP to fund for Burson 160-DS, HD800, and LCD-2 Rev 2 With Q Audio Cables.

 

I think I will get the black dragon v2 cable for the HD800, but I am now currently without a good closed headphone. Recommend me some closed headphones which are around the 500-1000 dollar price range.



 

post #14108 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post


The AKG K240 MkII would be a good, all purpose headphone for you.  If you don't need the velour pads, or the extra cord, the K240 Studio is the same headphone (just no extras included).  The Studio model is considerably less expensive.

 

 

 


Thanks, the K240's are £89, and the K240 MkII are only £99 on amazon.

 

post #14109 of 29490

 

Hello Forum

 

 

I'm in a Journey :)

 

Got my first Grados a couple of weeks ago, the SR 225i's and really like the Boldness in their sound print. Now that I got addicted I want more! So I'm looking into the RS1i / RS2i that to my understanding are more refined and have better Bass maintaining the sound signature of the 225i.

 

I had a lent the PS500 and been comparing them, here's what I can say about them (PS500): has a greater sound stage, more bass extending to midrange, Mids are recessed for my liking and trebles not as bright as the 225i's. Overall like more the 225i's because of there forwardness and forgiveness with bad recordings or lower quality (don't have that much of grain). The PS500 has a tube like sound that some may like I dont.

 

So... Im willing to trade de 225i's for the RS1i or RS2i and wondering Which?

 

PD: I use iPod Classic 5G + Fiio e11 amp listen to electronic, rock, pop, folk, indie and virtually any other gender (not so much country or hip hop)

post #14110 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsontoast View Post


Thanks, the K240's are £89, and the K240 MkII are only £99 on amazon.

 



Ok.  The difference at Amazon in the US is $46.  I prefer the velour pads anyway and they are an expensive addon over here.

post #14111 of 29490

Hello, I'm pretty new to this audio stuff and I currently own a Sennheiser HD 25-1 II, a NuForce uDAC-2 and Audioengine A5's. I've seen a lot of talk about Grado's and I'm thinking of getting a pair of my own. The HD 25's are good but the soundstage is a bit tight and I am thinking of just getting full-sized headphones to satisfy that itch. I would like to ask if someone can recommend me good with a slightly wider soundstage or something similar. I listen to house, rock, k-pop, pop, jazz so I'm really looking for all around headphones that hopefully won't leak in high volumes. Sometimes I am in the library or traveling.


I have my eye on the Grado SR225i but I'm not sure if they leak or not.

Please let me know, my budget is around <$200.

Thanks!


Edited by jjacq - 4/17/12 at 12:37pm
post #14112 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

The ATh-M50 because it has cleaner bass and is more portable.
 



 


I have to disagree.  The M50 has more bass, but it's enhanced well beyond neutral (which some like; I don't).  To my ear it is not cleaner than the Shure.

 

The Shure is just as portable as the M50.  Both fold up the same way and the Shure comes with a detachable cord.

 

post #14113 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phos View Post

I'm looking for some smallish closed back portables that fold and are in about the $100 range, and it'd also be nice if there's a hard case for it.


You need to post your request on this section of the forum:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/f/103/portable-headphones-earphones-and-in-ear-monitors

 

post #14114 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjacq View Post

Hello, I'm pretty new to this audio stuff and I currently own a Sennheiser HD 25-1 II, a NuForce uDAC-2 and Audioengine A5's. I've seen a lot of talk about Grado's and I'm thinking of getting a pair of my own. The HD 25's are good but the soundstage is a bit tight and I am thinking of just getting full-sized headphones to satisfy that itch. I would like to ask if someone can recommend me good with a slightly wider soundstage or something similar. I listen to house, rock, k-pop, pop, jazz so I'm really looking for all around headphones that hopefully won't leak in high volumes. Sometimes I am in the library or traveling.


I have my eye on the Grado SR225i but I'm not sure if they leak or not.

Please let me know, my budget is around <$200.

Thanks!




Grados SR line have two characteristics that don't meet with your needs.  They leak a great deal and they have a very small sound stage.


Edited by KG Jag - 4/17/12 at 12:58pm
post #14115 of 29490
Quote:
Hey guys.
Quick question. My favorite genres of music are Rock, Heavy Metal, and Rap. After asking around, the two most suggested Headphones I get are the Ultrasone HFI-580 and the Q40s. Which pair would be better for kinds of genres? Or is there something else I should look into for the price range?
Thanks for any answers.
Quote:


Out of those two, get the 580s. What is your budget?

Probably around $170.00, maybe $200.00 at max.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum