is there a thinner, lighter amp than the d zero around the same price range? I am only looking for an amp and don't care whether there is a DAC or not. I am driving Fostex T50rp through an android phone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 8:09 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 9/19/16 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 939
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14072 of 294904/16/12 at 5:34pmpost #14073 of 294904/16/12 at 5:41pmpost #14074 of 294904/16/12 at 5:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rezound Sound
I'm looking for headphones that have great isolation (non leakage), that are bass and mids focused. So, strong bass and forward mids. I also want good soundstage, clear sound, and good comfort. My budget is $300, and I don't want an amp. Does such a headphone exist? I was thinking about the AKG K550's.
Owners of the K550 have had really good things to say about the K550's sound stage.post #14075 of 294904/16/12 at 5:44pmpost #14076 of 294904/16/12 at 5:47pm
I've been perusing these forums for some time, but figured I'd make an account and join in!
I recently added the Denon D7000 to my collection, and had a few questions/ comments.
I got started into the headphone game with the AT AD-700, and then quickly upgraded to a 598 HD, followed by a pair of K702's, which remain with my setup along with the new D7000. For amplification, i'm currently using a Hifiman EF2A, which I swapped american tubes into.
The D7000's sound fantastic. I've never listened to, much less owned, cans of this quality. I don't characterize myself as a bass head, but the deep, punchy low end sure feels like an improvement over my 702s. The 702s are very clean and analytical and have an airy soundstage, but I find the D7000's so far to be much more pleasing to listen to (as well as more comfortable!)
Is my amp a decent match for these two pairs of headphones? Would a more expensive headphone amp push these headphones significantly further, or would it be a case of diminishing returns? And if I were to invest in another amp, are there any which would be well suited to both headphones?
Thanks for the help!post #14077 of 294904/16/12 at 5:48pmpost #14078 of 294904/16/12 at 5:51pm
I reduced the pricepost #14079 of 294904/16/12 at 5:54pm
Read ClieOS' opening post: Good read. http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thoughtQuote:post #14080 of 294904/16/12 at 6:05pm
I am in the market for a new pair of headphones. I am looking for full-size headphones that i will be listening to both, in doors and out. I would like headphones that are at-least decent with the wattage supplied by an i-phone. I am looking to spend around $250. I have heard good things about the Sennheiser 598 headphones. If there is anything just as good with a little better bass, that would be amazing. I am new to this so if there is anymore info that I need to provide I will make sure to do that.
-Thank you in advanced.post #14081 of 294904/16/12 at 6:12pm
I owned the Senn 598, and was not a fan. They look cool in pictures, but in reality they feel surprisingly cheap and flimsy. In terms of sound quality, I was not particularly impressed. I've enjoyed the other Senns I've heard, but the 598 was probably my biggest headphone purchase regret. I think you should look into the Denon D2000 if you can spend a bit more money, or the AKG 702 is 250 right now on amazon- though good luck driving that without an amp. I used the K702, which feels pretty durable, outside with the E7 regularly. The K702 is very accurate, but I would not call it bass-heavy. The E7 is decent and cheap.post #14082 of 294904/16/12 at 6:16pmpost #14083 of 294904/16/12 at 6:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by csf101
Quick question. My favorite genres of music are Rock, Heavy Metal, and Rap. After asking around, the two most suggested Headphones I get are the Ultrasone HFI-580 and the Q40s. Which pair would be better for kinds of genres? Or is there something else I should look into for the price range?
Thanks for any answers.
Still need more answers.post #14084 of 294904/16/12 at 7:02pmpost #14085 of 294904/16/12 at 7:25pm
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 43 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 1 minute ago
- › Woo audio stand HPS-R 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker Review by mark2410 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear