or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 925  

post #13861 of 29490

 

Hey guys,

 

Been looking to get some new iems, after my rather shocking CX400-IIs were stolen. Joker's thread and reviews have helped me out a fair bit and narrowed the choice down to either of the two mentioned in the title.

 

The CW31s I can get for £21, whereas the R02s are £26 - not willing to pay more than £30, as I simply cant afford it.

 

Which is the best bet, or are there other alternatives out there? (Please dont just post a name, doesnt help me much :p)

 

Main genre is metal/rock, but I listen to a lot of Jazz and "Classical" (mainly classical or romantic) and am slowly edging into DnB (mainly liquid tbh).

 

Thanks in advance!

post #13862 of 29490

So I'm looking to move away from IEMs because my Meelectronics A151s are starting to hurt my ears after long use. I'm in the less than $150 range and my main wishlist is something that's comfortable, closed(I want isolation/Can't have leakage), semi-portable, probably above average bass, and generally good for all genres but mostly I listen to alternative rock and indie type music. Also, I don't have an amp and don't plan on buying one. 

ATH-50 and KRK KNS-6400 are what my basic research has told me are my best bets. Looking to get some more input on those or others I may have missed. 


Edited by Bobby9 - 4/12/12 at 10:33am
post #13863 of 29490


You really can't go wrong with the ATH-M50 if that is what you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby9 View Post

So I'm looking to move away from IEMs because my Meelectronics A151s are starting to hurt my ears after long use. I'm in the less than $150 range and my main wishlist is something that's comfortable, closed(I want isolation/Can't have leakage), semi-portable, probably above average bass, and generally good for all genres but mostly I listen to alternative rock and indie type music. Also, I don't have an amp and don't plan on buying one. 

ATH-50 and KRK KNS-6400 are what my basic research has told me are my best bets. Looking to get some more input on those or others I may have missed. 



 

post #13864 of 29490

Looking for opinions on keeping or returning my last purchase.  I've had some Etymotic ER4P IEMs for years, along with a pair of Grado 60s. I've decided to go to a full size can for some comfort and a bit better, fuller sound.  After spending some time here reading and researching I got a pair of HE-500s.  Quite a difference compared to what I'm used to listening to for sure!  However, I'm not real sure they are for me.  I'm now contemplating sending them back and getting a pair of Beyerdynamic T1s.  I think they would be a little closer to the sound I'm used to yet be a nice upgrade.  My main complaints are the weight of the HE-500s and concern about the number of unbalanced drivers/broken cables/etc. reported.  I think I like a little brighter signature than the 500s as well, but that may just be what I'm used to.  I also purchased a Schiit Lyr to drive the HE-500s so I have plenty of amp for anything, maybe too much for some.  I grew up listening to my dad's Heathkit tube amp so it is bringing back some nice memories. I'm older than I want to admit, so the ears aren't what they used to be.  My listening habits range from classic rock to baroque, country to Keb Mo, Dave Matthews, live concerts, mono Beatles, Clapton, SRV, Jeff Beck, you get the picture.  My other equipment is a Marantz SR-7005 with Orb audio for home theater, Definitive Technology BP10s for music. 

 

Any advice on the T1s, or any other options I need to consider?  I've got 30 days to return the 500s, so I'm looking at getting something else in and doing some a/b listening and making a final decision.  Thanks for reading my somewhat long first post. 


Edited by MLee - 4/12/12 at 12:52pm
post #13865 of 29490

Budget: $350
Genre: House Music, Rock, Quiet Alt Rock/Folk

Sound signature: I like bass, however clarity treble and sound stage is important to me as I am a critical listener and like to enjoy vocals and acoustic sets.

Usage: Everyday use attached to my Iphone I plan to purchase a portable amp/DAC to make my experience more enjoyable.
Open/Closed: I would prefer closed as I will be using these in public areas and around school.
 

I am considering the AKG K550 from what I have researched on the forum any input is greatly appreciated! THANKS!

post #13866 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuga View Post

Hey everyone,

 

I'm new to head-fi. I'm in the market for some new headphones and I've been looking at the Denon D2000 and the NC800. I haven't been able to find a good comparison of the two so I'm hoping someone here can give me a hand. I'll be using them in the office (a startup so one big room and we're all on desks) and on the train. I would like something with decent insolation since I don't want to be bothered by ppl talking around me, and at the same time, I don't want my music to be bothering others. I'm coming from Bose in-ear earphones so I sure both of these would be great! I just don't want to sacrifice to much sound quality (d2000) for noise cancellation (nc800), but at the same time i want to have enough isolation for my needs.

 

Thanks!

Matt 

Take into consideration some other phones like the Dt770 or the Ultrasone Pro 900 because the D2000 is pretty damn gigantic, but the NC800 seems good. For Noise cancelling the AudioTechnica nc7 is great. if you want to really save money Able Planet has some good noise cancelling headphones with surprisingly good sound (not in the likes of the D2000, but good enough)
 

 

post #13867 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLee View Post

Looking for opinions on keeping or returning my last purchase.  I've had some Etymotic ER4P IEMs for years, along with a pair of Grado 60s. I've decided to go to a full size can for some comfort and a bit better, fuller sound.  After spending some time here reading and researching I got a pair of HE-500s.  Quite a difference compared to what I'm used to listening to for sure!  However, I'm not real sure they are for me.  I'm now contemplating sending them back and getting a pair of Beyerdynamic T1s.  I think they would be a little closer to the sound I'm used to yet be a nice upgrade.  My main complaints are the weight of the HE-500s and concern about the number of unbalanced drivers/broken cables/etc. reported.  I think I like a little brighter signature than the 500s as well, but that may just be what I'm used to.  I also purchased a Schiit Lyr to drive the HE-500s so I have plenty of amp for anything, maybe too much for some.  I grew up listening to my dad's Heathkit tube amp so it is bringing back some nice memories. I'm older than I want to admit, so the ears aren't what they used to be.  My listening habits range from classic rock to baroque, country to Keb Mo, Dave Matthews, live concerts, mono Beatles, Clapton, SRV, Jeff Beck, you get the picture.  My other equipment is a Marantz SR-7005 with Orb audio for home theater, Definitive Technology BP10s for music. 

 

Any advice on the T1s, or any other options I need to consider?  I've got 30 days to return the 500s, so I'm looking at getting something else in and doing some a/b listening and making a final decision.  Thanks for reading my somewhat long first post. 


You might want to post this in the Summit Fi section of the forum

 

post #13868 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafkid View Post

Budget: $350
Genre: House Music, Rock, Quiet Alt Rock/Folk

Sound signature: I like bass, however clarity treble and sound stage is important to me as I am a critical listener and like to enjoy vocals and acoustic sets.

Usage: Everyday use attached to my Iphone I plan to purchase a portable amp/DAC to make my experience more enjoyable.
Open/Closed: I would prefer closed as I will be using these in public areas and around school.
 

I am considering the AKG K550 from what I have researched on the forum any input is greatly appreciated! THANKS!



The Dt770 is a great pair of headphones, despite the cable the headphones aren't too obnoxious and the soundstage and the bass is really nice, tremendous impact and no bleed. Surprisingly not even much warmer sounding than my M50's.

post #13869 of 29490

hey, can anyone please help me out? :) I want to buy a portable headphone amp that is up to 90 dollars (can extend 10 dollars.) I want A LOT of bass (quality and quantity,) and want excellent and clear mids and highs too. Can anyone help? Thanks!

post #13870 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mironov View Post

are there any similarities in ATH-M50 and SRH750DJ ;SRH440 regarding sound qualities? which is is better for metal,dubstep?

p.s.( i want to also see comments coming from the shure's. everytime i only see the M50 side)

thanks

Anyone here can help me?
post #13871 of 29490

Both are around 50 dollars so should I get the HD201 or HD228 for Sennheiser? I listen to rock/alt/indie and some electronic music.

post #13872 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadesta View Post

Both are around 50 dollars so should I get the HD201 or HD228 for Sennheiser? I listen to rock/alt/indie and some electronic music.


Maybe you should consider a used HD238. Both used and "refurbished" HD238s start at $24.99 on amazon.com.  I own both an HD238 (a demo unit that I bought on clearance sale at a local Best Buy for about the same amount) and HD201 (which I bought new for about  $20 at a local record store), and I find the HD238 to be better sounding and much more comfortable.

 

post #13873 of 29490


Probably worth a read: http://www.inearmatters.net/2012/02/sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-8-amps.html

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post

hey, can anyone please help me out? :) I want to buy a portable headphone amp that is up to 90 dollars (can extend 10 dollars.) I want A LOT of bass (quality and quantity,) and want excellent and clear mids and highs too. Can anyone help? Thanks!



 

post #13874 of 29490

 

got the 225i's last week and really love the sound! now:

 

I'm willing to try the GS1000., PS500 and RS1 and go up in the line for "better" sound. Im using a Ipod Classic 5G 80GB + Fiio e11, listen mostly to Rock, Electronic, Pop, Indie, Instrumental, etc. the tough Question is how do I decide without audition... I'm making it happen! but still want the input from you guys that have tried several if not all of them.

 

Thanks!

post #13875 of 29490


I'd toss a question on to the Grado Fan thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/530965/grado-fan-club/2340

Quote:
Originally Posted by iburdeinick View Post

 

got the 225i's last week and really love the sound! now:

 

I'm willing to try the GS1000., PS500 and RS1 and go up in the line for "better" sound. Im using a Ipod Classic 5G 80GB + Fiio e11, listen mostly to Rock, Electronic, Pop, Indie, Instrumental, etc. the tough Question is how do I decide without audition... I'm making it happen! but still want the input from you guys that have tried several if not all of them.

 

Thanks!



 


Edited by imackler - 4/12/12 at 9:27pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum