Is the Shure SRH 940 a all around headphone? I was thinking of getting this headphone and just wondering if it was a all around headphone that can play all genres very well. Also I have the UE TripleFi 10's and would the V Moda M80s sound better than them or no?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 2/1/17 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 12/15/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
First Impression When I first listened to HD380Pro, I thought that I received a far more expensive headphone. After an hour or so of using them, I still felt that they sound better than...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 922post #13816 of 294904/9/12 at 8:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13817 of 294904/9/12 at 9:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by MarcoGV
A competitor at a similar price is the JVC HARX 300, which was recently on sale at H.H. Gregg and at Fry's for $10. My son and my son-in-law both use a pair and seem reasonably satisfied. My son also has a pair of MEElectronics HT-21 that I bought used for him at Amazon for about $15, He finds them more convenient than the JVCs. The next step up in the HARX line is the JVC HARX-500 for $25 or so. You can find some comparisons of the HARX-500 and the HD201 on head-fi. If you were in the U.S., you would find that there are a lot of good "entry-level" choices under $30!
Thanks again mate. I can get the JVC HA RX300 for about $40dlvd here. The RX500 and the HT-21 are both outta range :(
Strange, I always had the "image" in my mind that JVC weren't very good electronics wise.
post #13818 of 294904/9/12 at 9:32pmQuote:
Yes the 940 is an all around can. Unless you like the sound signature and intangibles of the V Moda, the Shure is a superior choice.post #13819 of 294904/9/12 at 9:34pmQuote:
The closest thing is the HD 558. Some have reported that the "remove the tape" mod makes it sound almost exactly like its more expensive sibling.post #13820 of 294904/9/12 at 11:55pm
Hello, I currently have the D5000 and it's a great can except the bass is too much for me. On some songs/genres, it feels like I'm in the club. Only time I want to feel like that is if I am at the club :P had too many nights of my old roommates blasting dubstep til 5 am. I'm not looking at the Ultrasone Edition 8 and the Beyerdynamic T5p. Would either of these give me the same problem? I'm hoping that whatever I get, it can be used for everything and occasionally be portable. Thanks in advance!
Edit: Actually let me be more specific. I do like bass, and I still want to be able to hear/feel it. However, the bass on the D5000 doesn't seem to be very clean. It seems like it's everywhere (as in all around my head), in a way that makes me feel like I'm inside a subwoofer. Hope that makes sense.
Edited by mc21 - 4/9/12 at 11:58pmpost #13821 of 294904/10/12 at 12:46ampost #13822 of 294904/10/12 at 1:00ampost #13823 of 294904/10/12 at 1:04amQuote:
You may be at a juncture where only sitting down and listening to the D7000 and/or any can you are seriously considering will provide the answer.post #13824 of 294904/10/12 at 1:14amQuote:Originally Posted by painter
Soley a Grado listener , have magnums but want to try something new. Bought a pair of Fostex T50RP, added adhesive craft foam and they really are special with guitar and female voice. But they being closed I think limits the potential.
Which of the better orthos are most Grado like in having an intimate presentation:
As far as amplification I can put together what ever is needed so that is not a factor. Mainly want the grado intimacy in an ortho.
Anyone? I came to this forum hoping for a little insight. Never liked Senns, liked the old AKG's with the passive radiators but not their new stuff. My history is HP-2000 (sold to eat), then worked up to Allesandro Pros, finally Magnum V4's (wood and alu), thought I had it all figured out but the $79 Fostex threw a monkey wrench into my whole mindset about headphones.
I mean with a little mass loading in the cups, these fostex orthos can reproduce strings like nothing I've ever heard before. I can't help but think there is a higher end ortho that I should try. As far as amplification I have a lot of options, it isn't an issue. Any advice would be appreciated.post #13825 of 294904/10/12 at 7:04ampost #13826 of 294904/10/12 at 8:19ampost #13827 of 294904/10/12 at 8:51amQuote:
And off course there are no real audio stores with headphones that I can try out around where I live. Thanks for the advice looks like its time to mass buy/sell til I hit the right pair!post #13828 of 294904/10/12 at 11:37am
I get an amazing sound from the in-ear headphones that came with my Samsung phone but whenever I record bass guitar, it sounds out-of-tune on the low notes and somewhat muddy.
I have 300 dollars, what do I do?post #13829 of 294904/10/12 at 11:51amQuote:
The Beyerdynamic DT 770 M is made for drummers. Maybe it will work for the entire bottom.post #13830 of 294904/10/12 at 11:55am
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Tokyo Fujiya Headphone Festival Autumn 2016 Picture Heavy Report... 2 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 36 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling 41 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 54 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 55 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 1 minute ago
- › Breaking News: HE1000 V2 1 minute ago
- › PSB Speakers M4U 4 --- Hybrid BA/Dynamic IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › iBasso Audio DX200 Reference DAP by H20Fidelity
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear