Is the Shure SRH 940 a all around headphone? I was thinking of getting this headphone and just wondering if it was a all around headphone that can play all genres very well. Also I have the UE TripleFi 10's and would the V Moda M80s sound better than them or no?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/1/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by PETACRON, 5/8/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 2/1/11More
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 2/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/19/10
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor Headphones (black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/19/10
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 2/1/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 2/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 5:18 am in Video Games Discussion
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 9/19/16 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 922post #13816 of 294904/9/12 at 8:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13817 of 294904/9/12 at 9:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by MarcoGV
A competitor at a similar price is the JVC HARX 300, which was recently on sale at H.H. Gregg and at Fry's for $10. My son and my son-in-law both use a pair and seem reasonably satisfied. My son also has a pair of MEElectronics HT-21 that I bought used for him at Amazon for about $15, He finds them more convenient than the JVCs. The next step up in the HARX line is the JVC HARX-500 for $25 or so. You can find some comparisons of the HARX-500 and the HD201 on head-fi. If you were in the U.S., you would find that there are a lot of good "entry-level" choices under $30!
Thanks again mate. I can get the JVC HA RX300 for about $40dlvd here. The RX500 and the HT-21 are both outta range :(
Strange, I always had the "image" in my mind that JVC weren't very good electronics wise.
post #13818 of 294904/9/12 at 9:32pmQuote:
Yes the 940 is an all around can. Unless you like the sound signature and intangibles of the V Moda, the Shure is a superior choice.post #13819 of 294904/9/12 at 9:34pmQuote:
The closest thing is the HD 558. Some have reported that the "remove the tape" mod makes it sound almost exactly like its more expensive sibling.post #13820 of 294904/9/12 at 11:55pm
Hello, I currently have the D5000 and it's a great can except the bass is too much for me. On some songs/genres, it feels like I'm in the club. Only time I want to feel like that is if I am at the club :P had too many nights of my old roommates blasting dubstep til 5 am. I'm not looking at the Ultrasone Edition 8 and the Beyerdynamic T5p. Would either of these give me the same problem? I'm hoping that whatever I get, it can be used for everything and occasionally be portable. Thanks in advance!
Edit: Actually let me be more specific. I do like bass, and I still want to be able to hear/feel it. However, the bass on the D5000 doesn't seem to be very clean. It seems like it's everywhere (as in all around my head), in a way that makes me feel like I'm inside a subwoofer. Hope that makes sense.
Edited by mc21 - 4/9/12 at 11:58pmpost #13821 of 294904/10/12 at 12:46ampost #13822 of 294904/10/12 at 1:00ampost #13823 of 294904/10/12 at 1:04amQuote:
You may be at a juncture where only sitting down and listening to the D7000 and/or any can you are seriously considering will provide the answer.post #13824 of 294904/10/12 at 1:14amQuote:Originally Posted by painter
Soley a Grado listener , have magnums but want to try something new. Bought a pair of Fostex T50RP, added adhesive craft foam and they really are special with guitar and female voice. But they being closed I think limits the potential.
Which of the better orthos are most Grado like in having an intimate presentation:
As far as amplification I can put together what ever is needed so that is not a factor. Mainly want the grado intimacy in an ortho.
Anyone? I came to this forum hoping for a little insight. Never liked Senns, liked the old AKG's with the passive radiators but not their new stuff. My history is HP-2000 (sold to eat), then worked up to Allesandro Pros, finally Magnum V4's (wood and alu), thought I had it all figured out but the $79 Fostex threw a monkey wrench into my whole mindset about headphones.
I mean with a little mass loading in the cups, these fostex orthos can reproduce strings like nothing I've ever heard before. I can't help but think there is a higher end ortho that I should try. As far as amplification I have a lot of options, it isn't an issue. Any advice would be appreciated.post #13825 of 294904/10/12 at 7:04ampost #13826 of 294904/10/12 at 8:19ampost #13827 of 294904/10/12 at 8:51amQuote:
And off course there are no real audio stores with headphones that I can try out around where I live. Thanks for the advice looks like its time to mass buy/sell til I hit the right pair!post #13828 of 294904/10/12 at 11:37am
I get an amazing sound from the in-ear headphones that came with my Samsung phone but whenever I record bass guitar, it sounds out-of-tune on the low notes and somewhat muddy.
I have 300 dollars, what do I do?post #13829 of 294904/10/12 at 11:51amQuote:
The Beyerdynamic DT 770 M is made for drummers. Maybe it will work for the entire bottom.post #13830 of 294904/10/12 at 11:55am
This thread is locked
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Southwestern Michigan Meet - Kalamazoo Jan/Feb 1 minute ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 2 minutes ago
- › Sacramento Meet? 3 minutes ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from Sennheiser IE80 - Westone W50 or UM50 5 minutes ago
- › Lots of Audio Technica headphones for sale and a few others (Prices... 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear