Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 886  

post #13276 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag3l View Post


 

You can watch video reviews of both headphones on YouTube (which is very helpful IMO if you cannot try the headphones on in person). The Audio Technica WS55 Extra Bass headphones are probably going to produce more bass than the HD25's but, the HD25's have ample bass (tight) and a great soundstage which is lauded by many on these forums. Most would agree that the HD25's are worth way more than what they're priced right now but if Bass is an absolute must, you won't be dissapointed with the WS55's.



Thanks for the reply, sounds like HD25 worth the price, I guess i am gonna save a little bit longer for a better headphone.

post #13277 of 29490

Hello all, I'm looking for a pair of headphones for both music (metal, rock, classical) and gaming. 

 

I've been looking at the DT 880 Premium 250 ohm's. Or should I get the 600 ohms version? Other recommendations that are not over $309?

 

I'm planning to get either an Asus Xonar X1 or D1 as I want the 7.1 surround sound for gaming. Recommendations are very welcome. 

 

I will be getting a Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier.

 

What do you think? 

 

 

post #13278 of 29490

Hey guys I am looking for studio headphones to track and mix some music ive been working on. I went out and bought a pair of denon ah d2000s a couple weeks ago after seeing great reviews on them, and later found out that these are more for listening pleasure , so im looking to sell/trade these and get another pair or 2 for the tracking/mixing... Isolation/.Comfortability/Sound Quality are my 3 main things I look for when buying a pair. My budget is $300. Any suggestions on what you guys use or would recommend would help out a lot! Thanksgs1000.gif

post #13279 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebers View Post

Hey guys I am looking for studio headphones to track and mix some music ive been working on. I went out and bought a pair of denon ah d2000s a couple weeks ago after seeing great reviews on them, and later found out that these are more for listening pleasure , so im looking to sell/trade these and get another pair or 2 for the tracking/mixing... Isolation/.Comfortability/Sound Quality are my 3 main things I look for when buying a pair. My budget is $300. Any suggestions on what you guys use or would recommend would help out a lot! Thanksgs1000.gif



Shure SRH940.

post #13280 of 29490
Thanks Ill look more into em!
post #13281 of 29490

OK, Ill simple it down.

 

I want a D2000 with less harsh treble from my Benchmark DAC-1.

It will be for DnB, Trip-Hop and some Hip Hop.

 

Thanks againk701smile.gif

post #13282 of 29490

I'm new in the whole head-fi world and search a good headphone under 100$/euro. I've been searching here and on the net and found out that these two headphones are (the best?) budget headphones:

 

  • Superlux HD-668B (50 euro, Rank 10!)
  • Panasonic rp-HTF 600 (50 euro, Rank 31)

 

I'm beginning to think that under 100 $/euro there are no better headphones. These budget headphones are being compared to > 200$ headphones, and therefore I'm beginning to doubt if there is anything better than when I still have 50 $/euro more to spend.

 

Any other headphones I should look into, or is my presumption right?

 

post #13283 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by william90 View Post

I'm new in the whole head-fi world and search a good headphone under 100$/euro. I've been searching here and on the net and found out that these two headphones are (the best?) budget headphones:

 

  • Superlux HD-668B (50 euro, Rank 10!)
  • Panasonic rp-HTF 600 (50 euro, Rank 31)

 

I'm beginning to think that under 100 $/euro there are no better headphones. These budget headphones are being compared to > 200$ headphones, and therefore I'm beginning to doubt if there is anything better than when I still have 50 $/euro more to spend.

 

Any other headphones I should look into, or is my presumption right?

 



You missed the CAL!

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

post #13284 of 29490

Hi huys,

 

I currently own a pair of ULTRASONE PRO 2900s and looking for a another can to "complete". I can spend up to 400$. The reason I am not giving up on the PRO 2900 is the incredible gaming quality and my huge Electro/Trance/House/Progressive Collection. I just need some cans that can complete the circle. What do you recommend?

post #13285 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post

Hi huys,

 

I currently own a pair of ULTRASONE PRO 2900s and looking for a another can to "complete". I can spend up to 400$. The reason I am not giving up on the PRO 2900 is the incredible gaming quality and my huge Electro/Trance/House/Progressive Collection. I just need some cans that can complete the circle. What do you recommend?


I don't know much about your current cans, but an excellent phone that you can pick up within your budget it the Denon D5000.  Going to an open can, you can get the Senn HD 600, AKG Q701 (for just a bit more than 1/2 your budget) or the Beyer DT 880 Pro (and still have at least $100 or $200 left).

 

If you like the Grado sound, you can get the Alessandro MS-2 for $300 or the Grado SR325is for under $300 or the RS2i for just under $500.

 

post #13286 of 29490

is CAL! the best headphone in its price range (>$100)? I mostly listen to pop, rock and r&b tracks. if there's a more portable headphone which sounds better and easy to drive (based from my music preferences) please feel free to recommend them. I will pair it with my ipod nano 6G and wont use any amp. thanks! smily_headphones1.gif

post #13287 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtorres View Post

is CAL! the best headphone in its price range (>$100)? I mostly listen to pop, rock and r&b tracks. if there's a more portable headphone which sounds better and easy to drive (based from my music preferences) please feel free to recommend them. I will pair it with my ipod nano 6G and wont use any amp. thanks! smily_headphones1.gif


The Koss ProDJ100 and its fancier sibling the Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone are excellent choices.  The Shure SRH440 (which you can get new & shipped from Amazon for as little as $63.00), folds up very nicely and is also good.

 

post #13288 of 29490

those are nice headphones but coiled cords are a no-no for me since I use my nano as a watch, so imagine what I'd look like using those types of phones. haha. any recommendations for straight corded phones? or is CAL! enough?

post #13289 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtorres View Post

those are nice headphones but coiled cords are a no-no for me since I use my nano as a watch, so imagine what I'd look like using those types of phones. haha. any recommendations for straight corded phones? or is CAL! enough?



Are you able to stretch your budget at all? Sure there are some sub-$100 headphones are great but once you hit the $150 mark they begin to get really, really, REALLY good. 

post #13290 of 29490

this seems to be the thread for it - I am looking for advice in buying a set of headphones

 

for the most part I listen to jazz, funk, blues, rock, but also some electronica, punk, ska. When previewing stereo gear my go-to cd's / albums are Stanley Turrentine - "Cherry" (Japanese version) Stanley Turrentine " Don't Mess with Mr. T" and Papa Mali' "Do Your Thing".

 

Listening to various genre's I tend to like accuracy - if it's bassy I want to hear that, but if it's a more mellow track I want to hear that too.

 

I started out with Sony MDR 7506 many years ago, and I liked them for what they were which was back then a $90 pair of foldable headphones with decent if not great sound. Been reading here for a while and now I'd like to get something a bit better I am still not sure of the price range to be in figure in the $300 plus / minus range.

 

To give you an idea I started looking at this forum looking for IEM's in the $200 range (max) well I ended up with a P-51 amp and Westone um3x-rc's. I really like the sound from this combination. It also means I have an amp to use so it opens a lot of headphone options, hence my looking for advice

 

I am now looking for cans to use at home - typically late night when I can't just listen to the stereo. (ahh apartment life) I am open to open back designs as well as full cans as I don't think even the open cans will really bother the neighbors too much. So recommend away, thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum