or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 857  

post #12841 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post



The MDR-ZX700 is a consumer grade headphone, while the MDR 7506 is a professional grade headphone. If you want a flat (neutral) sound, spend the extra 23 euros and go for the 7506. If you don't want a flat sound, save your 23 euros and go for the MDR ZX700. What are you going to use your headphones for? smile.gif



I'm going to use them for music on my j3, gaming, movies etc. so inside and outside use. 

post #12842 of 29490
Quote:

Originally Posted by amkleistDK View Post

 

The Denon AH-D1100 is quite cheaper than the D2000 (210 usd here in Denmark, and 170 usd from amazon.de) - but is 32 ohms, and since the D2000 is 25 ohms, does that mean the D1100 are harder to drive than the D2000?

The D1100 is almost 100 usd cheaper, and I'm wondering if the D1100 is also a good headphone to start out with?

 

The impedance difference between 25 ohms and 32 ohms is small--both are very efficient.  Regardless even low impedance cans can sometimes sound much better being amped than out of a portable device.

 

Most important--the 2000 is several level in quality.  If you want to go with a cheaper Denon, go with the Denon 1001 clone--the CAL.

post #12843 of 29490

Hi! I need a comfortable headphone for under $100. I mean a big (for big ears to fit in), really comfortable and with a long (9ft or so) cable for inside the house use. In this case the sound quality is secondary redface.gif. What about the Sennheiser 4~~s?

post #12844 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandaq View Post

Hello! First time poster, though I been lurking for a little bit.

 

I need some guidance here, real bad because I understand very little of this.

 

Currently I am using AD700s on a onboard sound device on my pc.

Looking for a huge upgrade from this. From what I understand, sound card and amp`s are necessary to get the real juice going.

 

Now, what exactly should I get? Thinking from the whole soundcard to headphones. 

I need a complete setup for what would really **** on what I currently have.

Money isn`t a issue, though 1500-2000$ should suffice.

So what amp,headphones,soundcard should I get?

 

I mostly listen to hip hop and electronic, so bass is a must. 

I would suggest that after getting some answers that you .....maybe post this in summit-fi..I don't know enough about that part of the forums to know if they like posts on what to get(they probably don't care) but headphones $600+....go in there more or less.
 

 

post #12845 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


 FiiO pairs very very well with Ultrasone as it has good power..and more importantly better bass boost.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-7-1-amps-compared

 

well that's just me, i personaly prefer a FiiO, I would go to the ultrasone club and ask them if they like FiiO or Cmoy's. 

 

$10 DOC? i think you mean LOD

 


Yep you are right, I meant LOD. I dont know how DOC got in there.

 

I was having a hard time deciding between the two, but there was just something about the cMoys that I liked better. I will most likely get a FiiO in a couple months to compare but I just wanted a starter kit to begin what will hopefully become a longtime hobby for me. Thank you for your help.
 

 

post #12846 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurd View Post

is there a major difference between the SONY MDR ZX-700 & SONY MDR 7506? 

if so, which one is better?

is the 7506 worth the 23 euros more?


Well, they're both moderately portable, though the 7506 folds, whereas the ZX700 does not, if that's a concern. However, just based on design, it seems like the ZX700 might be more comfortable for long term use. Also, as a previous poster mentioned, the 7506s will strive to be more neutral, while the ZX700s might be a bit warmer. Ultimately, it will depend on what kind of sound you're looking for and what kind of portability requirements you have. Incidentally, how much would the ZX700s cost you? if the 23 euros is a big enough percentage, the 7506s might not be worth it either way.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by vandaq View Post

Hello! First time poster, though I been lurking for a little bit.

 

I need some guidance here, real bad because I understand very little of this.

 

Currently I am using AD700s on a onboard sound device on my pc.

Looking for a huge upgrade from this. From what I understand, sound card and amp`s are necessary to get the real juice going.

 

Now, what exactly should I get? Thinking from the whole soundcard to headphones. 

I need a complete setup for what would really **** on what I currently have.

Money isn`t a issue, though 1500-2000$ should suffice.

So what amp,headphones,soundcard should I get?

 

I mostly listen to hip hop and electronic, so bass is a must. 


Yeah, summit-Fi might be a better place to ask. Just for reference though, people like the LCD-2s for having deep bass as far as high-end cans go.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by taptup View Post

Hi! I need a comfortable headphone for under $100. I mean a big (for big ears to fit in), really comfortable and with a long (9ft or so) cable for inside the house use. In this case the sound quality is secondary redface.gif. What about the Sennheiser 4~~s?


The Senn 4XX cans don't have the 10-foot cable, though you could conceivably get an extension for it. If size doesn't bother you, the Audio-Technica wing models (A700/AD700), which are purported to be very comfortable.

 

post #12847 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50an6xy06r6n View Post


Well, they're both moderately portable, though the 7506 folds, whereas the ZX700 does not, if that's a concern. However, just based on design, it seems like the ZX700 might be more comfortable for long term use. Also, as a previous poster mentioned, the 7506s will strive to be more neutral, while the ZX700s might be a bit warmer. Ultimately, it will depend on what kind of sound you're looking for and what kind of portability requirements you have. Incidentally, how much would the ZX700s cost you? if the 23 euros is a big enough percentage, the 7506s might not be worth it either way.

 

zx700= 79 euros and 7506 = 102 euros. 

and I think I do like a bit warmer sound, portability isn't that important, I don't really care whether I put it folded in a bag or not folded.. 

post #12848 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurd View Post



I'm going to use them for music on my j3, gaming, movies etc. so inside and outside use. 



 

Then get the ZX700. If you are also using them in the studio, them get the 7506.

post #12849 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post



 

Then get the ZX700. If you are also using them in the studio, them get the 7506.



okay! thanks a lot LazBro123 and 50an6xy06r6n ! :)

post #12850 of 29490

 

I've been searching for a good pair of headphones in my price range for a while, and have some ideas. You guys seem to ahve a pretty good idea of what you're talking about, so I thought I'd ask for some advice.

 

Budget: about $60

Preferences: Balanced sound

Uses: Gaming, listening to many different genres

Style: I would prefer open for the better soundstage and lack of distortion

 

SO far I've looked at the:

Superlux HD668 (and the samson sr850, but I really like the interchangeable cords of the 668)

Sony MDR-7506

Sennheiser HD555

 

In some detail, and I am strongly leaning towards the 668 right now, as it is well reviewed for both listening and gaming, and is right at my budget. I was going to use either ebay or amazon to buy. I would like to know if this is a good choice for my interest, thanks a lot for your help.

post #12851 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurd View Post



okay! thanks a lot LazBro123 and 50an6xy06r6n ! :)



 

Anytime biggrin.gif So are you getting the ZX700s or the 7506s? :)

post #12852 of 29490

Hi,

 

Just about to get a decent pair of headphones for myself and I've narrowed it down to 2 possible choices I think:

1. Audio Technica ath-m50

2. Beyerdynamic dt770-pro 250 ohm

 

Either way going to get an amp so any advice for that would be very much appreciated as well.

 

I mostly listen to rock, indie/folk, and classical.

 

So overall I'm most concerned about the cans having a neutral response with as little coloration as possible while of course being comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

 

Thanks for your responses ahead of time

 

-Matt

post #12853 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiFei View Post

 

I've been searching for a good pair of headphones in my price range for a while, and have some ideas. You guys seem to ahve a pretty good idea of what you're talking about, so I thought I'd ask for some advice.

 

Budget: about $60

Preferences: Balanced sound

Uses: Gaming, listening to many different genres

Style: I would prefer open for the better soundstage and lack of distortion

 

SO far I've looked at the:

Superlux HD668 (and the samson sr850, but I really like the interchangeable cords of the 668)

Sony MDR-7506

Sennheiser HD555

 

In some detail, and I am strongly leaning towards the 668 right now, as it is well reviewed for both listening and gaming, and is right at my budget. I was going to use either ebay or amazon to buy. I would like to know if this is a good choice for my interest, thanks a lot for your help.


The sony and the sennheisers are way above the budget. The sonys are around $110 and the sennheisers are around $160. If you can extend your budget 5-10 dollars more, you can get the awesome Grado SR60. The Audio Technica ATH-M40 is also a good choice, and you can get them for 60 dollars. You can also buy the Sennheiser HD 205, another excellent choice. I have many more recommendations in your price range, so if you want, you can send me a private message biggrin.gif

 

post #12854 of 29490

I know there are countless reviews of the ATH-M50, but I just wanted to ask a question about them.  Are the mids recessed as many say or is it as balanced as other reviews say.. 

 

How do they treat vocals? Guitar riffs? 

post #12855 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniWumbo View Post

I know there are countless reviews of the ATH-M50, but I just wanted to ask a question about them.  Are the mids recessed as many say or is it as balanced as other reviews say.. 

How do they treat vocals? Guitar riffs? 

 All I can say is thank you for not starting a new thread. Just posting here, you have helped us all.

 The mids aren't very recessed, in my opinion. The middle treble region(where breathing/whispering is heard) seems to be a little held back compared to my Audio Technica AD700 or Klipsch speakers. That, plus the louder bass and high treble, gives them a warmer sound.

 The bass and high treble are definitely the center of attention when it comes to the M50.
 I would say that male vocals sound great and weighty, but guitar riffs and female vocals could be a little bit better.

Overall, the mids don't sound very "sharp and clear," but "smooth and easy-going" instead. It depends on which you prefer.
(Sorry if my post is a little confusing/messy redface.gif)


Edited by CaveManta - 3/8/12 at 4:45pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum