Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 844  

post #12646 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac336 View Post




You might wanna look at AH-D2000



I tried, in fact I bought them in accessoryjack but it was out of stock and they don't answer me when it will be back in stock again, I already waited for more than 1 month.

 

It's the only option for me since I live in Brazil and they declare a value bellow, here if you import a product above $50 you have to pay extra 60~95% in value.

 

None option that come even closer?

post #12647 of 29490

Okay..

I'm looking for some headphones, here's some information..

 

Music

I listen to; The Doors, Pink Floyd, //// Metallica, Black Sabbath //// Fela Kuti (trumpet-stuff music) //// Bass heavy House (I love bass)

Budget

200 EURO / 250 DOLLAR < More if needed... ( I am going to NY, but live in The Netherlands) 

Needs

A headphone with ALOT of bass / ALOT of impact/quantity

A portable to semi-portable headphone, it doesn't have to be small, but it mustn't look silly, (not alot of space between my head and the headband, that's silly...)

A headphone that impresses.. 

Source

iPhone/iPad + Pa2v2 (usage in train, at home, in the car, plane...)

 

>>>> <<<<

I already looked at the: Sennheiser HD25-ll, Ultrasone HFI-580, Audio Technica Pro700, Sony xb500  <<<<< still doubting about these

post #12648 of 29490

Looking for headphne, around 100. like bass heavy musiclike rap and techno. I already own ath m50

Thinking mdr xb500 and vmoda lp/lp2 or vmodam80 (ddont know the difference between lp and lp2 or lp and m80 need help.

Othe suggestions welcome thanks.

post #12649 of 29490

Just out of curiosity, what is a really good song to show off the sound of  headphones or to test them.

post #12650 of 29490

I got my Denon AH-D2000s and the treble and bass are great but these recessed mids are killing me. Sometimes it sounds like the vocalist is standing 5 feet away from the mic or I can't hear some softer mids like piano or guitar over the bass and highs. Is this going to fix itself as they burn in or would an amp help or should I start looking for a different pair?

post #12651 of 29490

Easy default recommendation is an E9 amp with a HD600! That's a fantastic intro set up!

 

But what kind of music do you listen to?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac336 View Post

ANYone have any recomendations for a sub $400 headphone (open eared) that is fairly weasy to drive (dont want to but a amp).  Or if you could recommend an amp and headphone that would combined cost under $400, that would be helpful. 



 

post #12652 of 29490

Personally, I think a lossless version of In Rainbows by Radiohead is a great test album because it is so well produced. I also do a lot of ABing with really well recorded violin/cello music because strings are so hard to reproduce well; a headphone's characteristics are really seen on violin or cello.

 

But most of all its probably best to test on the music you've known the best and for the longest.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlobHobNob View Post

Just out of curiosity, what is a really good song to show off the sound of  headphones or to test them.



 

post #12653 of 29490

Hello! 

 

I'm going to buy a step up full-size headphones from my Koss porta pro and need some advice biggrin.gif So what I'm looking for is a portable non-leaking headphone that can be used in public. I do not intend to buy an amp or something like that, neither does it matter what "kind" of sound it has since i listen to a lot of different music. Pricerange is up too 200 usd.

 

Thanks!

post #12654 of 29490

I'm still listening to the D2000s and the more I do, the more I am conflicted. I like bass response but it sounds a bit muddy and not very well toned at times, the highs aren't as sparkly as some have said, and the mids are basically non-existent in some songs. It sounds slightly better amped through some Yamaha receiver (HTR-6050, probably ****ty), but it just still generally sounds like a muddy mess. There isn't much detail and all the sound just mixes together and gets buried by bass. The actual sound quality itself also isn't that hot, they are fun but I feel they aren't reproducing sound as well or clear as my HD 280 Pros strangely enough. The 280s sound like **** and are very flat (in a bad way) but I can pick out different instruments and bits, I find that hard to do with the D2000s. Maybe these are defective or maybe I'm looking for different headphones, is something wrong with these or do I need an amp? I looked at the HD 650s and they sound nice, so do the D5000s/7000s since they apparently have a more natural soundstage and better mids. But all of those are well out of my price range (300 tops). Any suggestions? I just want some headphones that have a very clear sound quality, a good all rounder like I heard the D2000s were supposed to be, that I can hear and appreciate every bit of the music through, not just the highs and bass. (In this case, mostly bass)

 

Edit: They seem to work very well with instrumental music, they sound great on AMBIENT 1/Music For Airports by Brian Eno, but I find that your typical pop and rock mixes seem to get lost and jumbled. I don't think it is the source file because I have tried v0 mp3s, flacs, and 24 bit flacs and heard very little difference. It seems to more differ from song to song.


Edited by shorke - 3/2/12 at 3:55pm
post #12655 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorke View Post

I'm still listening to the D2000s and the more I do, the more I am conflicted. I like bass response but it sounds a bit muddy and not very well toned at times, the highs aren't as sparkly as some have said, and the mids are basically non-existent in some songs. It sounds slightly better amped through some Yamaha receiver (HTR-6050, probably ****ty), but it just still generally sounds like a muddy mess. There isn't much detail and all the sound just mixes together and gets buried by bass. The actual sound quality itself also isn't that hot, they are fun but I feel they aren't reproducing sound as well or clear as my HD 280 Pros strangely enough. The 280s sound like **** and are very flat (in a bad way) but I can pick out different instruments and bits, I find that hard to do with the D2000s. Maybe these are defective or maybe I'm looking for different headphones, is something wrong with these or do I need an amp? I looked at the HD 650s and they sound nice, so do the D5000s/7000s since they apparently have a more natural soundstage and better mids. But all of those are well out of my price range (300 tops). Any suggestions? I just want some headphones that have a clear sound quality, a good all rounder like I heard the D2000s were supposed to be, that I can hear and appreciate every bit of the music through, not just the highs and bass. (In this case, mostly bass)

 

Edit: They seem to work very well with instrumental music, they sound great on AMBIENT 1/Music For Airports by Brian Eno, but I find that your typical pop and rock mixes seem to get lost and jumbled. I don't think it is the source file because I have tried v0 mp3s, flacs, and 24 bit flacs and heard very little difference. It seems to more differ from song to song.


This sounds like you're not powering your headphones properly. An amp upgrade is definitely recommended. You can read about how to properly amp it and get the sound you want in the D2000 appreciation thread.

 

post #12656 of 29490

ATH-M50 or Sennheizer HD25-Iii are classic choices.

 

Here are a couple great comparisons: http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-100-portable-headphones-reviewed-fischer-audio-oldskool-70-and-oldskool-rpm-33-1-3-added-03-01-12 and http://www.headfonia.com/closed-cans-shootout-m-50-esw-9-t50p-hd25-1-beats-studio-srh-840-srh-750dj-k181dj-and-dj1pro/
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleif View Post

Hello! 

 

I'm going to buy a step up full-size headphones from my Koss porta pro and need some advice biggrin.gif So what I'm looking for is a portable non-leaking headphone that can be used in public. I do not intend to buy an amp or something like that, neither does it matter what "kind" of sound it has since i listen to a lot of different music. Pricerange is up too 200 usd.

 

Thanks!



 

post #12657 of 29490


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ora M View Post


This sounds like you're not powering your headphones properly. An amp upgrade is definitely recommended. You can read about how to properly amp it and get the sound you want in the D2000 appreciation thread.

 



I'll go check it out, thanks.

 

edit: Why would that be though, aren't they 25ohm? My soundcard does 32, though I guess that is cutting it close.

 

It also wouldn't make sense for it to be an amp issue since the hd 280 pros require more ohms. Unless I am misunderstanding things. I'm willing to try out an amp but I am just wondering now if its my soundcard or the headphones that are busted, or if I just don't like the sound.


Edited by shorke - 3/2/12 at 5:51pm
post #12658 of 29490
~$150
Headset with a good mic or headphones with a good desk mic
I'm looking for a circumaural, open or closed I'm not entirely sure
Currently looking at the sennheiser pc350, how does the playback compare to other headphones, how does the playback compare to other headsets? How does the mic compare to other headsets, how does the mic compare to desk mics like the blue snowball? Is the pc360 worth the step up in price? Is the pleather itchy? Is the cable nice?
Should sound great for music running off this or something similar in this price range
Should sound fairly balanced, but this isn't so much of a concern as high fidelity in both the mic and headphones

Use - online gaming and general voice chat
Thanks!
Edited by luvs2squizz - 3/2/12 at 6:42pm
post #12659 of 29490

Would the Audio Technica ATH-A700 work well with an HRT HeadStreamer?  The HeadStreamer arrived recently, and because my MDR-V6 headphones are so easy to drive, the difference between the HeadStreamer and my MacBook's headphone out is pretty imperceptible.  At least I think that's why.  Actually, I can barely tell the difference with any of my headphones (MDR-V6, KSC75, MX880), even after burning in the HeadStreamer for two days and nights.  I'm interested in the A700 because I like Audio Technica's wing support mechanism, it's available for less than 150 US dollars and it looks cool.  Recently I've mostly been listening to music from video games and anime, but it would be great if the 'phones sounded good for classical music too.

 

Edit: I forgot to write that I also like the A700 because it shouldn't leak sound.


Edited by vhobhstr - 3/2/12 at 6:43pm
post #12660 of 29490

Looking to get some advice. I am looking to get another pair of headphones in the very near future. I listen mostly to rock, blues, jazz, and a bit of classical. I had some Grado 225i's that I liked quite a bit but one of the drivers blew out in them so what I am looking to get this time is this...a set of phones with a similar sound to the Grado's but hopefully somewhat smoother and with more definition, something more comfortable would also be a big plus. I have a good headphone amp (Headroom) so power isn't a problem. Looking to spend something between $200-$300. What I am considering right now based on various reviews I have seen are the Beyer 880's in the 600ohm version. What do you think, is there some others I should look at as well or will these do the job?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum