Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 843  

post #12631 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty View Post

Did a little bit of reading/research.
...

The only issue being price, as the ... the K701's (probably the Quincy edition since it comes in balling green lol)  I can get for $272.


*sigh*


Thanks for the input though!


If you don't mind open box, you can get the Q 701's under $230.

 

post #12632 of 29490

Hi im new to the forums and such but i was wondering what headphones to buy i prefer full size closed back cans. My budget is under $400. Im also going to be travelling alot this year so i have looked into the bose and i like them for the fact that the NC is great and they're super comfortable but the SQ just wasnt good enough. Oh and also don't mention beats they horrible pieces of trash. (i bought a pair when i was retarded) So to recap i want a pair of headphones that are full sized closed back and noise cancel. thank you for any replies.

post #12633 of 29490

You would be hard-pressed to find a pair of headphones with better sound quality than the Bose QC15 that has noise-cancelling functionality. The noise-cancelling requirement leaves you with a pretty limited range of headphones, and none of them will have stellar sound quality due to the nature of the noise-cancelling technology. Bose catches a lot of flak on this forum, but as far as circumaural travel headphones go, I think they may be hard to beat. Someone may prove me wrong in a minute though rolleyes.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junboslice View Post

Hi im new to the forums and such but i was wondering what headphones to buy i prefer full size closed back cans. My budget is under $400. Im also going to be travelling alot this year so i have looked into the bose and i like them for the fact that the NC is great and they're super comfortable but the SQ just wasnt good enough. Oh and also don't mention beats they horrible pieces of trash. (i bought a pair when i was retarded) So to recap i want a pair of headphones that are full sized closed back and noise cancel. thank you for any replies.



 

post #12634 of 29490

you probably want to take a look at this

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus View Post

To hd600 lovers that need closed headphones with a similar inoffensive/balanced quality I just made this thread here http://www.head-fi.org/t/598201/the-beyerdynamic-dt250-appreciation-thread#post_8181789

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

What portable headphone is comparable to the HD600? Looking for something that can be powered by an E11 (if necessary) and under $200. Thanks!



 

post #12635 of 29490

Howdy. After good reviews from Amazon and from this site, I bought the Audio Technica M-50 headphone along with an E-6 Amp.

 

After reading countless amount of reviews, I think I want to buy a Denon D-7000 from Electronics Expo, which is priced at 590 (open box item). Should I buy from them and if I do, what portable amp and desktop amp should I buy?

 

Is the Nuforce Icon HDP, a good desktop amp? Is there any other desktop amp which is as good as the Icon but cheaper? What is the best portable amp you guys have used?

 

and lastly....are there any working coupons for Electronics Expo.....none are working!

post #12636 of 29490

Thanks for the recommendation! Those weren't on my radar!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzobinx View Post

you probably want to take a look at this

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus View Post

To hd600 lovers that need closed headphones with a similar inoffensive/balanced quality I just made this thread here http://www.head-fi.org/t/598201/the-beyerdynamic-dt250-appreciation-thread#post_8181789

 



 



 

post #12637 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune-san View Post

Hey all,


I have a friend looking for a pair of headphones and I'm running out of ideas so I thought I'd reach out. His max budget he says is a mere $120, though I may pitch something in for a birthday gift, which sucks because he's had this revelation after hearing my Ultrasone Pro 900s. He understands there's no way he's touching the Ultrasones but wants something in the same path. He wants closed-back headphones, preferably with a removable cable, and a warm bass-heavy sound (techno and 8-bit music will be his primary use). In other words, cheap ultrasones. Any suggestions?


Shure 840s

 

post #12638 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwise View Post

Hey All,

 

Looking for a new set of cans along with amplifier if need be. I can spend up to 400 dollars total. 

 

1. I listen to mostly pop music and classical trumpet music (usually in flac). I enjoy trebly songs to come through clearly. Not much of a bass head but like some sort of bass presence. 

2. I'm primarily going to be using these headphones while working/walking so some decent isolation would be great. Replaceable cords and/or ability to fold would be a huge plus. I need something durable and have had cable problems in the past so replaceable cords are definitely high on my list. 

3. Previously owned the technics (http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/technics_dj/prod_intro_rpdh1200.asp) and a pair of nicer ultimate ears super fi (http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/ultimate-ears-super-fi/4505-7877_7-31453329.html) with Comply foam tips (T-500). The IEMS were great but were uncomfortable at times and the cable had a lot of microphonics.

4. Let me know if I need to add more information to get better recommendations. 

 

Thanks so much!


I'd put Westone 3 or um3x on your list no amp necessary but will benefit if you do

 

post #12639 of 29490

Darn it.  I didn't see this thread when I created a thread haha.  Well anyway.

 

 

As I understand it, open headphones are better for fps since it has a better sound stage, but I can't have that because I don't want to disturb my house. What are some good closed headphones for gaming and music for about $100-$150? Also I like music with a good amount of bass and I've used my friends Sennheiser 555 a few times and it's not really my type. Any suggestions? I have been looking at the ATH-M50s. Wonder how those are. Would love more suggestions, thanks!

post #12640 of 29490

please help me too...btw just how much is an upgrade is the ah-7000 over the ah-5000?

post #12641 of 29490

Hi, everybody,

 

My first time here!

 

I used to have a stereo system. It´s off now because I´m living in a small house next to the sea until I move to another city. Sea salt would destroy my system; so it´s off.

 

Then I realized I could have an alternative using headphones, but I have no experience with them or with amplifiers dedicated to them.

 

I´ve been doing some research and it seems that I can purchase a decent headphone+amp system for about US$ 1,200,00 to US$ 2,000,00.

 

So I´d like you please to suggest headphones and amps suited to listen to brazilian popular music and jazz and also rock and reggae.

 

AKG K702 seems a very good value, no?

 

Thanks a lot,

 

Cheers,

 

João

post #12642 of 29490

I wouldn't pick the K702 for those genres. Maybe something like the HD650 and a great amp like the HA160. That would be a stellar set up and leave you with more than a few fistfulls of dollars!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneves View Post

Hi, everybody,

 

My first time here!

 

I used to have a stereo system. It´s off now because I´m living in a small house next to the sea until I move to another city. Sea salt would destroy my system; so it´s off.

 

Then I realized I could have an alternative using headphones, but I have no experience with them or with amplifiers dedicated to them.

 

I´ve been doing some research and it seems that I can purchase a decent headphone+amp system for about US$ 1,200,00 to US$ 2,000,00.

 

So I´d like you please to suggest headphones and amps suited to listen to brazilian popular music and jazz and also rock and reggae.

 

AKG K702 seems a very good value, no?

 

Thanks a lot,

 

Cheers,

 

João



 

post #12643 of 29490

Hi, I would like recommendations.

 

I listen often 1 music for a long time, and the genre change a lot.

 

But I will try to summary what I mainly like.

 

I listen often to yeah yeah yeahs, modest mouse and rammstein. A little of pop in general, Lady Gaga and Britney Spears mostly or something alike and just a few musics of each or some random music that I think it's good.

I like old rock too, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin but just few tracks and I don't listen to it always.

 

I love bass, and I listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qgai8gJ9SQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4cgLL8JaVI just to enjoy the bass, nothing more.

 

At moment, i'm listening mostly rolling in the deep from adele, like I said... I listen to just one music mostly of the time in periods, ant the genre it's not always the same. So I would like to enjoy Adele voice too.

 

Sub $400, please!

 

Thanks in advance.

post #12644 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by swib View Post

Hi, I would like recommendations.

 

I listen often 1 music for a long time, and the genre change a lot.

 

But I will try to summary what I mainly like.

 

I listen often to yeah yeah yeahs, modest mouse and rammstein. A little of pop in general, Lady Gaga and Britney Spears mostly or something alike and just a few musics of each or some random music that I think it's good.

I like old rock too, The Doors, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin but just few tracks and I don't listen to it always.

 

I love bass, and I listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qgai8gJ9SQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4cgLL8JaVI just to enjoy the bass, nothing more.

 

At moment, i'm listening mostly rolling in the deep from adele, like I said... I listen to just one music mostly of the time in periods, ant the genre it's not always the same. So I would like to enjoy Adele voice too.

 

Sub $400, please!

 

Thanks in advance.




You might wanna look at AH-D2000

post #12645 of 29490

ANYone have any recomendations for a sub $400 headphone (open eared) that is fairly weasy to drive (dont want to but a amp).  Or if you could recommend an amp and headphone that would combined cost under $400, that would be helpful. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum