or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 807  

post #12091 of 29490

I was looking into the v-moda headphones around $200, lp2's and m80's, and was wondering which ones to buy... any suggestions for pop/ rap and hip hop... I like bass and am looking for a better alternative to beats solos


Edited by pmorey - 2/14/12 at 12:57pm
post #12092 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorey View Post

I was looking into the v-moda headphones around $200 and was wondering which ones to buy... any suggestions for pop/ rap and hip hop... I like bass and am looking for a better alternative to beats solos


Dude, no need to yell. I already answered your question above lol.

post #12093 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorey View Post

I was looking into the v-moda headphones around $200 and was wondering which ones to buy... any suggestions for pop/ rap and hip hop... I like bass and am looking for a better alternative to beats solos


Then Crossfade LP2 would be a safer bet than M80 as the Beats Solos are VERY bassheavy and you'd not feel completely left out on the LP2 basswise while offering a lot better sound quality in the whole range compared to Solos.

 

post #12094 of 29490

oh yeah sorry, i was being a spaz.. haha i see it now. so the lp2's have more bass than the m80's but are less muddy than the solos?

 

post #12095 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorey View Post

oh yeah sorry, i was being a spaz.. haha i see it now. so the lp2's have more bass than the m80's but are less muddy than the solos?

 


The original Crossfade LPs are a bit muddy, but I've read the LP2 cleaned that up. I'd still recommend the M80s over them though, because of the more similar form factor, and overall better sound. You never know what you'll like better until you hear it for yourself. I personally also find them better-looking, if that's a consideration.

post #12096 of 29490

all of that information is great, although I live 2 hours away from any place i could test them.

post #12097 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorey View Post

all of that information is great, although I live 2 hours away from any place i could test them.


If you can access amazon, you could order both and keep the one you like better.

post #12098 of 29490

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrenzi View Post

looking into $200-300 amped headphone, preferably closed. I'm trying to upgrade from M50s, and I'm thinking ATH-A900 because I want to try out higher end Audio Technicas. I'm still open to suggestions and to try different cans.


What kind of sound are you looking for? As in, what did you ike about the M50s and what didn't you like? I also have not heard a lot about the A- series, other than that they sound worse than the AD-series.

just bright warm sounds in general is good, but I'm not entirely sure if I could point it out. That's also another reason why I want to upgrade, to see if I could really use it or its just nice to have one. I was thinking A- series since I wanted closed.

post #12099 of 29490

how do m80's bass compare to the lp2? I have had bad experience doing what you have suggested before!


Edited by pmorey - 2/14/12 at 1:46pm
post #12100 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorey View Post

how do m80's bass compare to the lp2? I have had bad experience doing what you have suggested before!


Well the question is how did you find bass of Solos? Sure the Solos are muddy but that's because the frequency response looks like a steep downhill. :P LP2 have a little less bass than Solos, M80 quite a bit less (quite gently boosted bass). M80 are definitely better sounding if you can accept the less bass quantity which isn't always a given for a basshead. Ofc there's other options than LP2 if heavy bass response is important, LP2 isn't the very best in terms of price/sound quality, I personally that has tested at least quite a few headphones found them underperforming for their asking price while the general concensus of M80 is to be very good sounding at the price point. Still having said that LP2 comes like a "natural" upgrade to Solo headphones as they have similar sound signatures the LP2 just less extreme so for better balance. The Solos have VERY recessed/lacking/non-existant high frequencies while the LP2 just have "recessed/lacking" high frequencies and the bass is slightly less strong in LP2 but also better quality.

 


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 2/14/12 at 2:00pm
post #12101 of 29490

well I definately like the feel of the solo bass, like the slam, but it sounds a little fakey to me and the bass really is the only thing i can say I like about the solos, except mabey the looks, but only somewhat, and I could care less about the looks. The only reason i got them is because of all of the hype which i bought into. I now realise i need the mids and uppers to be clear. I also hate using amps, and mainly listen to my ipod and computer. The V-moda cans both look like a very good upgrade to me, but lastly would you suggest any headphones for my needs other than those? I really appreciate your advice!!! I almost forgot they also need to be under 200$


Edited by pmorey - 2/14/12 at 2:07pm
post #12102 of 29490

m

post #12103 of 29490
Hello everyone, I'm new around here as you can tell by my post count. I've had Beats Studios and Pros and I've enjoyed them, but after doing some research on here I've sold them and am now looking for a be pair of cans. What do y'all think about the V-Moda Crossfade LP? I can get them from Amazon for like 108 bucks and plan on getting a fiio e7 to use as well. I mostly listen to hip-hop, rap, rnb, and dubstep. I also like the fact that the V-Moda's come with a hard shell case and detachable cable.
post #12104 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post


Well the question is how did you find bass of Solos? Sure the Solos are muddy but that's because the frequency response looks like a steep downhill. :P LP2 have a little less bass than Solos, M80 quite a bit less (quite gently boosted bass). M80 are definitely better sounding if you can accept the less bass quantity which isn't always a given for a basshead. Ofc there's other options than LP2 if heavy bass response is important, LP2 isn't the very best in terms of price/sound quality, I personally that has tested at least quite a few headphones found them underperforming for their asking price while the general concensus of M80 is to be very good sounding at the price point. Still having said that LP2 comes like a "natural" upgrade to Solo headphones as they have similar sound signatures the LP2 just less extreme so for better balance. The Solos have VERY recessed/lacking/non-existant high frequencies while the LP2 just have "recessed/lacking" high frequencies and the bass is slightly less strong in LP2 but also better quality.

 

well I definately like the feel of the solo bass, like the slam, but it sounds a little fakey to me and the bass really is the only thing i can say I like about the solos, except mabey the looks, but only somewhat, and I could care less about the looks. The only reason i got them is because of all of the hype which i bought into. I now realise i need the mids and uppers to be clear. I also hate using amps, and mainly listen to my ipod and computer. The V-moda cans both look like a very good upgrade to me, but lastly would you suggest any headphones for my needs other than those? I really appreciate your advice!!! I almost forgot they also need to be under 200$

 

 

post #12105 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrenzi View Post

 

just bright warm sounds in general is good, but I'm not entirely sure if I could point it out. That's also another reason why I want to upgrade, to see if I could really use it or its just nice to have one. I was thinking A- series since I wanted closed.


For bright and warm I guess the A- series could work, but I really don't know anything about them. Maybe someone else can help with this?

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorey View Post

how do m80's bass compare to the lp2? I have had bad experience doing what you have suggested before!


Well, the M80 is no slouch on bass, but the LP2 will be quite bass-heavy, if the original crossfade LP is any indication. What kind of music do you listen to? What kind of sound to you prefer? Is comfort/form factor an issue? The answers to these questions will help you a lot in deciding which to buy.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum