Or Tony if you're in Brooklyn.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 663post #9931 of 2031312/3/12 at 9:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9932 of 2031312/3/12 at 9:42pmpost #9933 of 2031312/3/12 at 10:17pmpost #9934 of 2031312/3/12 at 10:33pmpost #9935 of 2031312/4/12 at 12:24amQuote:Hope u dont have a cat ..as cats love so many cables together..mine did.Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Well, here's a recent addition to my setup:
Got my Hifiman speaker adapter in today from ALO and hooked the HE-6 up in this chain:
Denon DVD-3910 --> Modwright SWL9.0se --> modified Dynaco ST-70 --> HE-6
The picture might be terrible, but the sound is absolutely wonderful!post #9936 of 2031312/4/12 at 3:52ampost #9937 of 2031312/4/12 at 7:38amQuote:
No cat. I do however have a dog, but she learned her lesson when she chewed through a live power cable as a puppy. She generally avoids cords and cables of all sorts.
Also, I'm trying to work out a better place for the cables (heck a better place for everything) as I certainly don't like them routed across my living room floor. If I ever get it figured out and everything looking nice and neat, I'll have a friend take some photos with a DSLR instead of using the camera on my phone. Until then, enjoy the pic of my big mess o' cables.post #9938 of 2031312/4/12 at 8:56ampost #9939 of 2031312/4/12 at 9:02am
15.5"macbook pro retina 2.6ghz/i7/16gb ram
Sony A865+Ibasso T5
Vmoda LP2 w/ chelene pads+ aiaiai beatport cable
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much bass it shakes your eyes:rolleyes:
Edited by rudeboybass - 12/4/12 at 9:17ampost #9940 of 2031312/4/12 at 1:43pmpost #9941 of 2031312/4/12 at 2:21pmpost #9942 of 2031312/4/12 at 2:27pmQuote:
Great to hear Can you compare the he300 and he400 a bit?post #9943 of 2031312/4/12 at 2:39pm[/INDENT]post #9944 of 2031312/4/12 at 2:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
To be honest..not really.not with the mstage...and with this i will probably jump on somebodies foot but..i loved the he300 more on the mstage then the he400..the he400 was more of everything of the 300..as the he 400 has a more pronounced and more agressive tremble.and a deeper going bass...the he300 is more laidback and dark..maybe its because its a dynamic phone...thats also why i sold the he400 in 3 months time and went for the he500.. But then again..its how i felt..both phones are excellent in their own way...if u like strong tremble and deep rumble u will like he400..i prefer a bit dark and natural and balanced sound ...the he400 has a v-form sound signature...
Haha, that seems to be what I gather from reading around here and elsewhere. The he-300 does appear to be better for the price since it's most frequently compared to the hd600/650 etc, no doubt due to the darker sound sig. Thanks.post #9945 of 2031312/4/12 at 3:09pm[/QUOTE]Quote:Ur welcome
And the he300 is easier to drive ..u can drive it on gain 0 Db..
If u do get the mstage..i got the black one..so much more classier imho..dont forget to check if the gainswitches sticker is not upside down...lolz..
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/4/12 at 3:12pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 57 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2