Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 656post #9826 of 1848211/29/12 at 2:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9827 of 1848211/29/12 at 2:38am
Living room head-fi/hifi corner. Currently (and I promised myself: for the whole of 2013... fingers crossed) consisting of a MacMini as source, HiFace to the Naim Supernait (acts as a DAC) with the rec-out into the Stax SRM-006T and Stax SR-404. Speakers are the lovely Wilson Benesch Arc's.
Just picked up this Stax set yesterday and while the SR404 is not quite like how I remember the 404LE, it does get close so I'm actually very happy now. Just the leather pads and a bit of oil to stop the creaking and I'm set.
Workspace in the attic. Headphone out of the Macbook into an Epiphany built O2 and then through an 120Ω adapter into the Q701's. Nice and simple.
Edited by paaj - 11/29/12 at 2:59ampost #9828 of 1848211/29/12 at 4:58amQuote:
I think you need a DNA Stratus to match that desk:Dpost #9829 of 1848211/29/12 at 5:53ampost #9830 of 1848211/29/12 at 5:58ampost #9831 of 1848211/29/12 at 6:12ampost #9832 of 1848211/29/12 at 6:43ampost #9833 of 1848211/29/12 at 7:07ampost #9834 of 1848211/29/12 at 7:33am
Heres a pic with my new addition driving my orthos very well indeed. Quite brilliant actually! Its an odd litttle set up but it works well. Old Arcam Black box dac from 89 and the Mistral hp509 hybrid tube amp. I got a bargain on both items. In total cost - less than $300! (obviously not including hp's) And compared to my other (approx $800) rig, it actually sounds better...post #9835 of 1848211/29/12 at 7:45ampost #9836 of 1848211/29/12 at 9:06ampost #9837 of 1848211/29/12 at 9:29ampost #9838 of 1848211/29/12 at 1:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by LugBug1
Heres a pic with my new addition driving my orthos very well indeed. Quite brilliant actually! Its an odd litttle set up but it works well. Old Arcam Black box dac from 89 and the Mistral hp509 hybrid tube amp. I got a bargain on both items. In total cost - less than $300! (obviously not including hp's) And compared to my other (approx $800) rig, it actually sounds better...
Looks clean and simple, I like it. Hey sometimes the cheaper wine has more depth and characteristics than the more expensive wine!post #9839 of 1848211/29/12 at 2:14pm
Could I get a full-rez version of this photo? I want this for my desktop. Awesome!!
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Soooo... Who remembers this place? 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC ARIES 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)