Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
After owning the PS Audio PWD II for six months, most recently running firmware version 2.4.6 (which is the best I tried), I wanted to move to a dac/preamp solution that would include analog inputs...
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 656post #9826 of 1881611/29/12 at 2:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9827 of 1881611/29/12 at 2:38am
Living room head-fi/hifi corner. Currently (and I promised myself: for the whole of 2013... fingers crossed) consisting of a MacMini as source, HiFace to the Naim Supernait (acts as a DAC) with the rec-out into the Stax SRM-006T and Stax SR-404. Speakers are the lovely Wilson Benesch Arc's.
Just picked up this Stax set yesterday and while the SR404 is not quite like how I remember the 404LE, it does get close so I'm actually very happy now. Just the leather pads and a bit of oil to stop the creaking and I'm set.
Workspace in the attic. Headphone out of the Macbook into an Epiphany built O2 and then through an 120Ω adapter into the Q701's. Nice and simple.
Edited by paaj - 11/29/12 at 2:59ampost #9828 of 1881611/29/12 at 4:58amQuote:
I think you need a DNA Stratus to match that desk:Dpost #9829 of 1881611/29/12 at 5:53ampost #9830 of 1881611/29/12 at 5:58ampost #9831 of 1881611/29/12 at 6:12ampost #9832 of 1881611/29/12 at 6:43ampost #9833 of 1881611/29/12 at 7:07ampost #9834 of 1881611/29/12 at 7:33am
Heres a pic with my new addition driving my orthos very well indeed. Quite brilliant actually! Its an odd litttle set up but it works well. Old Arcam Black box dac from 89 and the Mistral hp509 hybrid tube amp. I got a bargain on both items. In total cost - less than $300! (obviously not including hp's) And compared to my other (approx $800) rig, it actually sounds better...post #9835 of 1881611/29/12 at 7:45ampost #9836 of 1881611/29/12 at 9:06ampost #9837 of 1881611/29/12 at 9:29ampost #9838 of 1881611/29/12 at 1:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by LugBug1
Heres a pic with my new addition driving my orthos very well indeed. Quite brilliant actually! Its an odd litttle set up but it works well. Old Arcam Black box dac from 89 and the Mistral hp509 hybrid tube amp. I got a bargain on both items. In total cost - less than $300! (obviously not including hp's) And compared to my other (approx $800) rig, it actually sounds better...
Looks clean and simple, I like it. Hey sometimes the cheaper wine has more depth and characteristics than the more expensive wine!post #9839 of 1881611/29/12 at 2:14pm
Could I get a full-rez version of this photo? I want this for my desktop. Awesome!!
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion 19 seconds ago
- › FS: Resonessence Labs - Concero HD DAC 21 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 43 seconds ago
- › Emission Lab EML 5U4G Solid Plate Rectifier 48 seconds ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 1 minute ago
- › New to this community! Looking for $60 and less headphones..also... 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 1 minute ago
- › Is there a science behind schematics? 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › Grace Design m920 by boatheelmusic
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)