Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 655post #9811 of 2108111/28/12 at 9:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9812 of 2108111/28/12 at 9:30amQuote:Originally Posted by colinharding
That's quite a collection of oil caps you've got there! I retrofitted my DAC with two paper and oil Western caps (can style) from the 40s gotta love that vintage sound. You should try some Aerovox V161 caps in place of those spragues, my fav sound from the vintage styles.
Beautifully laid out. My pix above is from an early Sprague Advert...post #9813 of 2108111/28/12 at 9:54ampost #9814 of 2108111/28/12 at 9:58amQuote:
Yeah, I figured that would be the response. :) I'd still have to sell a couple of my headphones to find myself in that beautiful chair. It looks so comfortable. Maybe one day I'll decide to stop dreaming and just purchase one.post #9815 of 2108111/28/12 at 11:49amQuote:
Thanks for ur reply..i knowthey are big.post #9816 of 2108111/28/12 at 2:52pmQuote:
Speaking on the Eames chair, I've got the same one at my place!
Edited by ssrock64 - 11/28/12 at 2:58pmpost #9817 of 2108111/28/12 at 4:36pmpost #9818 of 2108111/28/12 at 4:49pmpost #9819 of 2108111/28/12 at 5:37pmpost #9820 of 2108111/28/12 at 7:40pmQuote:
Please change it to velour pad right away :), best $10 that you could spend to improve a headphone significantly.post #9821 of 2108111/28/12 at 7:54pmpost #9822 of 2108111/28/12 at 9:37pmpost #9823 of 2108111/29/12 at 1:51ampost #9824 of 2108111/29/12 at 2:05ampost #9825 of 2108111/29/12 at 2:38am
Living room head-fi/hifi corner. Currently (and I promised myself: for the whole of 2013... fingers crossed) consisting of a MacMini as source, HiFace to the Naim Supernait (acts as a DAC) with the rec-out into the Stax SRM-006T and Stax SR-404. Speakers are the lovely Wilson Benesch Arc's.
Just picked up this Stax set yesterday and while the SR404 is not quite like how I remember the 404LE, it does get close so I'm actually very happy now. Just the leather pads and a bit of oil to stop the creaking and I'm set.
Workspace in the attic. Headphone out of the Macbook into an Epiphany built O2 and then through an 120Ω adapter into the Q701's. Nice and simple.
Edited by paaj - 11/29/12 at 2:59am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 54 seconds ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 1 minute ago
- › Disc Drive for Extracting 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser RS185 Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › WA6-SE or Lyr 2? 4 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse