Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 655post #9811 of 2005911/28/12 at 9:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9812 of 2005911/28/12 at 9:30amQuote:Originally Posted by colinharding
That's quite a collection of oil caps you've got there! I retrofitted my DAC with two paper and oil Western caps (can style) from the 40s gotta love that vintage sound. You should try some Aerovox V161 caps in place of those spragues, my fav sound from the vintage styles.
Beautifully laid out. My pix above is from an early Sprague Advert...post #9813 of 2005911/28/12 at 9:54ampost #9814 of 2005911/28/12 at 9:58amQuote:
Yeah, I figured that would be the response. :) I'd still have to sell a couple of my headphones to find myself in that beautiful chair. It looks so comfortable. Maybe one day I'll decide to stop dreaming and just purchase one.post #9815 of 2005911/28/12 at 11:49amQuote:
Thanks for ur reply..i knowthey are big.post #9816 of 2005911/28/12 at 2:52pmQuote:
Speaking on the Eames chair, I've got the same one at my place!
Edited by ssrock64 - 11/28/12 at 2:58pmpost #9817 of 2005911/28/12 at 4:36pmpost #9818 of 2005911/28/12 at 4:49pmpost #9819 of 2005911/28/12 at 5:37pmpost #9820 of 2005911/28/12 at 7:40pmQuote:
Please change it to velour pad right away :), best $10 that you could spend to improve a headphone significantly.post #9821 of 2005911/28/12 at 7:54pmpost #9822 of 2005911/28/12 at 9:37pmpost #9823 of 2005911/29/12 at 1:51ampost #9824 of 2005911/29/12 at 2:05ampost #9825 of 2005911/29/12 at 2:38am
Living room head-fi/hifi corner. Currently (and I promised myself: for the whole of 2013... fingers crossed) consisting of a MacMini as source, HiFace to the Naim Supernait (acts as a DAC) with the rec-out into the Stax SRM-006T and Stax SR-404. Speakers are the lovely Wilson Benesch Arc's.
Just picked up this Stax set yesterday and while the SR404 is not quite like how I remember the 404LE, it does get close so I'm actually very happy now. Just the leather pads and a bit of oil to stop the creaking and I'm set.
Workspace in the attic. Headphone out of the Macbook into an Epiphany built O2 and then through an 120Ω adapter into the Q701's. Nice and simple.
Edited by paaj - 11/29/12 at 2:59am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 27 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 4 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2