Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 655post #9811 of 2112611/28/12 at 9:29am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9812 of 2112611/28/12 at 9:30amQuote:Originally Posted by colinharding
That's quite a collection of oil caps you've got there! I retrofitted my DAC with two paper and oil Western caps (can style) from the 40s gotta love that vintage sound. You should try some Aerovox V161 caps in place of those spragues, my fav sound from the vintage styles.
Beautifully laid out. My pix above is from an early Sprague Advert...post #9813 of 2112611/28/12 at 9:54ampost #9814 of 2112611/28/12 at 9:58amQuote:
Yeah, I figured that would be the response. :) I'd still have to sell a couple of my headphones to find myself in that beautiful chair. It looks so comfortable. Maybe one day I'll decide to stop dreaming and just purchase one.post #9815 of 2112611/28/12 at 11:49amQuote:
Thanks for ur reply..i knowthey are big.post #9816 of 2112611/28/12 at 2:52pmQuote:
Speaking on the Eames chair, I've got the same one at my place!
Edited by ssrock64 - 11/28/12 at 2:58pmpost #9817 of 2112611/28/12 at 4:36pmpost #9818 of 2112611/28/12 at 4:49pmpost #9819 of 2112611/28/12 at 5:37pmpost #9820 of 2112611/28/12 at 7:40pmQuote:
Please change it to velour pad right away :), best $10 that you could spend to improve a headphone significantly.post #9821 of 2112611/28/12 at 7:54pmpost #9822 of 2112611/28/12 at 9:37pmpost #9823 of 2112611/29/12 at 1:51ampost #9824 of 2112611/29/12 at 2:05ampost #9825 of 2112611/29/12 at 2:38am
Living room head-fi/hifi corner. Currently (and I promised myself: for the whole of 2013... fingers crossed) consisting of a MacMini as source, HiFace to the Naim Supernait (acts as a DAC) with the rec-out into the Stax SRM-006T and Stax SR-404. Speakers are the lovely Wilson Benesch Arc's.
Just picked up this Stax set yesterday and while the SR404 is not quite like how I remember the 404LE, it does get close so I'm actually very happy now. Just the leather pads and a bit of oil to stop the creaking and I'm set.
Workspace in the attic. Headphone out of the Macbook into an Epiphany built O2 and then through an 120Ω adapter into the Q701's. Nice and simple.
Edited by paaj - 11/29/12 at 2:59am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 1 second ago
- › Audio Technica ATH CKX7iS 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8S (Blue) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony DR-Z6 (Vintage) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 4 minutes ago
- › ATH WS99 Replacement Pads 4 minutes ago
- › Musical goosebumps 6 minutes ago
- › Help: On ear recommendations for less than £200 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...