That's a great idea!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 654post #9796 of 1903511/27/12 at 6:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9797 of 1903511/27/12 at 6:51amQuote:Computer audiophile? is that a new kind of human being? Mmmmm lets think about it..u are into high end audio and high end computering? Well we have lots in common then i am a computer loon (check my avatar pics) and a rookie audiophile.... Did u make a start in putting a tube amp internals into a big pc housing? And that watercooled?
But nice pic..soooo purple..post #9798 of 1903511/27/12 at 7:01am
Not quite a computer loon yet, but always striving. I tweaked a 2010 Mac mini music server for my audio rig. Got a couple of TT's and portables as well. May bring a Reel-to-reel home one day...
Whoa! I'm in California and hadn't noticed the sun just came up - way past my bed time! This overnight listening session has now gone Final.
Edited by Silent One - 11/27/12 at 7:03ampost #9799 of 1903511/27/12 at 7:10amQuote:Cool! Am impressed! Damn..ur one of a kind.. ..i am into watercooling all whats possible (and i mean all) to get the highest possible reliable speed..am now working on a rig with two seperate water cycles with their own pumps/radiators and reservoirs..and the still to build 2nd cycle will have a external pump/reservoir/radiator build into a custommade aluminium mattblack rack and powered by its own separate powerunit..it gives me headaches sometimes to figure out..but its fun! And i am going the same way with my 337 i think..as i read about powercaps, better capacitators and so on.. this is the beginning of the end..aaaaarrrrgggghhh
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/27/12 at 7:13ampost #9800 of 1903511/27/12 at 9:25amQuote:
Are you using vintage sprague black beauty capacitors? I likepost #9801 of 1903511/27/12 at 2:56pmpost #9802 of 1903511/27/12 at 3:05pmpost #9803 of 1903511/27/12 at 3:12pmpost #9804 of 1903511/28/12 at 4:53am
That's quite a collection of oil caps you've got there! I retrofitted my DAC with two paper and oil Western caps (can style) from the 40s gotta love that vintage sound. You should try some Aerovox V161 caps in place of those spragues, my fav sound from the vintage styles.post #9805 of 1903511/28/12 at 7:38amQuote:Anyone has experience with ultracaps? The guy who is going to upgrade my 337 uses those for.the upgrade..am just curious..if u guys have experience with thoseOriginally Posted by colinharding
That's quite a collection of oil caps you've got there! I retrofitted my DAC with two paper and oil Western caps (can style) from the 40s gotta love that vintage sound. You should try some Aerovox V161 caps in place of those spragues, my fav sound from the vintage styles.post #9806 of 1903511/28/12 at 8:41am
Long time on Head-fi, never posted...In Italy I have a *reallly* better system, now I live in London and I have to use these. I'm happy anyway, I think Fio E17 and PRO 900 it's a good match.post #9807 of 1903511/28/12 at 9:13ampost #9808 of 1903511/28/12 at 9:15ampost #9809 of 1903511/28/12 at 9:20amQuote:
Haven't heard of those, the output caps in the 337 are huge though, 6mf or something like that if I remember correctly. So it is hard to find something that will work and will fit in the chassis.post #9810 of 1903511/28/12 at 9:21am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New Member Introductions thread 12 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 16 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FT: Mad Dogs 3.2 for Geek Out 720/1000 1 minute ago
- › DX90 Question 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Meet 12/06/14 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › FT: Mad Dogs 3.2 for Geek Out 720/1000 3 minutes ago
- › knife-fi? 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)