That's a great idea!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 654post #9796 of 1874111/27/12 at 6:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9797 of 1874111/27/12 at 6:51amQuote:Computer audiophile? is that a new kind of human being? Mmmmm lets think about it..u are into high end audio and high end computering? Well we have lots in common then i am a computer loon (check my avatar pics) and a rookie audiophile.... Did u make a start in putting a tube amp internals into a big pc housing? And that watercooled?
But nice pic..soooo purple..post #9798 of 1874111/27/12 at 7:01am
Not quite a computer loon yet, but always striving. I tweaked a 2010 Mac mini music server for my audio rig. Got a couple of TT's and portables as well. May bring a Reel-to-reel home one day...
Whoa! I'm in California and hadn't noticed the sun just came up - way past my bed time! This overnight listening session has now gone Final.
Edited by Silent One - 11/27/12 at 7:03ampost #9799 of 1874111/27/12 at 7:10amQuote:Cool! Am impressed! Damn..ur one of a kind.. ..i am into watercooling all whats possible (and i mean all) to get the highest possible reliable speed..am now working on a rig with two seperate water cycles with their own pumps/radiators and reservoirs..and the still to build 2nd cycle will have a external pump/reservoir/radiator build into a custommade aluminium mattblack rack and powered by its own separate powerunit..it gives me headaches sometimes to figure out..but its fun! And i am going the same way with my 337 i think..as i read about powercaps, better capacitators and so on.. this is the beginning of the end..aaaaarrrrgggghhh
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/27/12 at 7:13ampost #9800 of 1874111/27/12 at 9:25amQuote:
Are you using vintage sprague black beauty capacitors? I likepost #9801 of 1874111/27/12 at 2:56pmpost #9802 of 1874111/27/12 at 3:05pmpost #9803 of 1874111/27/12 at 3:12pmpost #9804 of 1874111/28/12 at 4:53am
That's quite a collection of oil caps you've got there! I retrofitted my DAC with two paper and oil Western caps (can style) from the 40s gotta love that vintage sound. You should try some Aerovox V161 caps in place of those spragues, my fav sound from the vintage styles.post #9805 of 1874111/28/12 at 7:38amQuote:Anyone has experience with ultracaps? The guy who is going to upgrade my 337 uses those for.the upgrade..am just curious..if u guys have experience with thoseOriginally Posted by colinharding
That's quite a collection of oil caps you've got there! I retrofitted my DAC with two paper and oil Western caps (can style) from the 40s gotta love that vintage sound. You should try some Aerovox V161 caps in place of those spragues, my fav sound from the vintage styles.post #9806 of 1874111/28/12 at 8:41am
Long time on Head-fi, never posted...In Italy I have a *reallly* better system, now I live in London and I have to use these. I'm happy anyway, I think Fio E17 and PRO 900 it's a good match.post #9807 of 1874111/28/12 at 9:13ampost #9808 of 1874111/28/12 at 9:15ampost #9809 of 1874111/28/12 at 9:20amQuote:
Haven't heard of those, the output caps in the 337 are huge though, 6mf or something like that if I remember correctly. So it is hard to find something that will work and will fit in the chassis.post #9810 of 1874111/28/12 at 9:21am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 20 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 42 seconds ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 59 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Apple earpods let too much sound in - Sony MH1-C Earbuds block too... 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)