That's a great idea!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on Today at 3:42 pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 654post #9796 of 1610511/27/12 at 6:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9797 of 1610511/27/12 at 6:51amQuote:Computer audiophile? is that a new kind of human being? Mmmmm lets think about it..u are into high end audio and high end computering? Well we have lots in common then i am a computer loon (check my avatar pics) and a rookie audiophile.... Did u make a start in putting a tube amp internals into a big pc housing? And that watercooled?
But nice pic..soooo purple..post #9798 of 1610511/27/12 at 7:01am
Not quite a computer loon yet, but always striving. I tweaked a 2010 Mac mini music server for my audio rig. Got a couple of TT's and portables as well. May bring a Reel-to-reel home one day...
Whoa! I'm in California and hadn't noticed the sun just came up - way past my bed time! This overnight listening session has now gone Final.
Edited by Silent One - 11/27/12 at 7:03ampost #9799 of 1610511/27/12 at 7:10amQuote:Cool! Am impressed! Damn..ur one of a kind.. ..i am into watercooling all whats possible (and i mean all) to get the highest possible reliable speed..am now working on a rig with two seperate water cycles with their own pumps/radiators and reservoirs..and the still to build 2nd cycle will have a external pump/reservoir/radiator build into a custommade aluminium mattblack rack and powered by its own separate powerunit..it gives me headaches sometimes to figure out..but its fun! And i am going the same way with my 337 i think..as i read about powercaps, better capacitators and so on.. this is the beginning of the end..aaaaarrrrgggghhh
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/27/12 at 7:13ampost #9800 of 1610511/27/12 at 9:25amQuote:
Are you using vintage sprague black beauty capacitors? I likepost #9801 of 1610511/27/12 at 2:56pmpost #9802 of 1610511/27/12 at 3:05pmpost #9803 of 1610511/27/12 at 3:12pmpost #9804 of 1610511/28/12 at 4:53am
That's quite a collection of oil caps you've got there! I retrofitted my DAC with two paper and oil Western caps (can style) from the 40s gotta love that vintage sound. You should try some Aerovox V161 caps in place of those spragues, my fav sound from the vintage styles.post #9805 of 1610511/28/12 at 7:38amQuote:Anyone has experience with ultracaps? The guy who is going to upgrade my 337 uses those for.the upgrade..am just curious..if u guys have experience with thoseOriginally Posted by colinharding
That's quite a collection of oil caps you've got there! I retrofitted my DAC with two paper and oil Western caps (can style) from the 40s gotta love that vintage sound. You should try some Aerovox V161 caps in place of those spragues, my fav sound from the vintage styles.post #9806 of 1610511/28/12 at 8:41am
Long time on Head-fi, never posted...In Italy I have a *reallly* better system, now I live in London and I have to use these. I'm happy anyway, I think Fio E17 and PRO 900 it's a good match.post #9807 of 1610511/28/12 at 9:13ampost #9808 of 1610511/28/12 at 9:15ampost #9809 of 1610511/28/12 at 9:20amQuote:
Haven't heard of those, the output caps in the 337 are huge though, 6mf or something like that if I remember correctly. So it is hard to find something that will work and will fit in the chassis.post #9810 of 1610511/28/12 at 9:21am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 38 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic t5p + hippo case 1 minute ago
- › $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 4 minutes ago
- › Are you satisfied with a set of iems, portable, full size, or open?... 4 minutes ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe