Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 647post #9691 of 2137311/19/12 at 7:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9692 of 2137311/19/12 at 7:48ampost #9693 of 2137311/19/12 at 9:14ampost #9694 of 2137311/19/12 at 1:42pmpost #9695 of 2137311/19/12 at 1:50pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
SNES all the way!! Super Mario World! :Dpost #9696 of 2137311/19/12 at 2:31pmQuote:
Found out the CD player preproman! Its a Esoteric X01-D2. Only retailed for $20,000 when it first came out. Not that much money for a CD player. No wonder it sounded so good.post #9697 of 2137311/19/12 at 2:41pmpost #9698 of 2137311/19/12 at 3:37pm
Testing out some new toys. bit of a messy setup today
Just received W4S DAC1 and Senn HD700.
Also got my Koss ESP 950 and the Mad Dogs for comparisons.
buuuuut... My Amphora amp is out for a wiring repair at ALO so the 1K source and 1K headphone are connected to... a 40 dollar cmoy.
honestly, cmoy doesn't do a terrible job. sounds a bit lush and bloomy, but the technical merits of the HD700 still come through. (side note: still unsure how I feel about the HD700 but I know I don't hate them.)post #9699 of 2137311/19/12 at 4:12pmQuote:
Figured it'd be hooked up to an Esoteric something or other.post #9700 of 2137311/19/12 at 5:00pmpost #9701 of 2137311/19/12 at 5:05pmpost #9702 of 2137311/19/12 at 5:07pm
I was thinking that. Never know though. I need more money for audio. Just got a Rega RP1,Music Hall Marimba's, and a Parasound ZPhono Preamp though, not quite sure why I'm researching CD players now. Damn this hobby!
Edited by wolfetan44 - 11/19/12 at 5:08pmpost #9703 of 2137311/19/12 at 5:32pmQuote:
Once you go vinyl, you don't really go back How are you liking your Rega?post #9704 of 2137311/19/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
I can't use speakers all the time though! And the turntable will be downstairs, here's to hoping the Beyerdynamic DT880's have a long cord! Anyways, they come next week. But, I will not be trying them next week as I'm getting them for Christmas. How's this sound for Christmas? The stuff listed above plus Beyerdynamic DT880's, O2 amp, and a MAYBE a ODAC. Only reason I have to wait till Christmas is I'm 13. Also to add, the turntable and speakers is for my dad for Christmas. It's not all for me. I hope I get to open it though. This audio hobby is getting expensivepost #9705 of 2137311/19/12 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by wolfetan44
I can't use speakers all the time though! And the turntable will be downstairs, here's to hoping the Beyerdynamic DT880's have a long cord! Anyways, they come next week. But, I will not be trying them next week as I'm getting them for Christmas. How's this sound for Christmas? The stuff listed above plus Beyerdynamic DT880's, O2 amp, and a MAYBE a ODAC. Only reason I have to wait till Christmas is I'm 13. Also to add, the turntable and speakers is for my dad for Christmas. It's not all for me. I hope I get to open it though. This audio hobby is getting expensive
Forget all that!
I say drill a hole into your wall or ceiling, feed a custom 20ft+ cable through said hole, snake it through the walls perhaps, and finally have it come out neatly by your desk/preferred upstairs listening location.
From then on you can be one of those guys with a (more than likely) one-of-a-kind setup.
Keep us posted!
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › I'm riding this audio wave, but now I can see the sharks. 10 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 35 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Desktop Amp for a fiio X5/E18 + Sennheiser HD600 combo ? 1 minute ago
- › Headphones + Amp for PC gaming 2 minutes ago
- › Astell Kern AK 100 II 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha MCR-B142 Review 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...