Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 647post #9691 of 2113611/19/12 at 7:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9692 of 2113611/19/12 at 7:48ampost #9693 of 2113611/19/12 at 9:14ampost #9694 of 2113611/19/12 at 1:42pmpost #9695 of 2113611/19/12 at 1:50pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
SNES all the way!! Super Mario World! :Dpost #9696 of 2113611/19/12 at 2:31pmQuote:
Found out the CD player preproman! Its a Esoteric X01-D2. Only retailed for $20,000 when it first came out. Not that much money for a CD player. No wonder it sounded so good.post #9697 of 2113611/19/12 at 2:41pmpost #9698 of 2113611/19/12 at 3:37pm
Testing out some new toys. bit of a messy setup today
Just received W4S DAC1 and Senn HD700.
Also got my Koss ESP 950 and the Mad Dogs for comparisons.
buuuuut... My Amphora amp is out for a wiring repair at ALO so the 1K source and 1K headphone are connected to... a 40 dollar cmoy.
honestly, cmoy doesn't do a terrible job. sounds a bit lush and bloomy, but the technical merits of the HD700 still come through. (side note: still unsure how I feel about the HD700 but I know I don't hate them.)post #9699 of 2113611/19/12 at 4:12pmQuote:
Figured it'd be hooked up to an Esoteric something or other.post #9700 of 2113611/19/12 at 5:00pmpost #9701 of 2113611/19/12 at 5:05pmpost #9702 of 2113611/19/12 at 5:07pm
I was thinking that. Never know though. I need more money for audio. Just got a Rega RP1,Music Hall Marimba's, and a Parasound ZPhono Preamp though, not quite sure why I'm researching CD players now. Damn this hobby!
Edited by wolfetan44 - 11/19/12 at 5:08pmpost #9703 of 2113611/19/12 at 5:32pmQuote:
Once you go vinyl, you don't really go back How are you liking your Rega?post #9704 of 2113611/19/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
I can't use speakers all the time though! And the turntable will be downstairs, here's to hoping the Beyerdynamic DT880's have a long cord! Anyways, they come next week. But, I will not be trying them next week as I'm getting them for Christmas. How's this sound for Christmas? The stuff listed above plus Beyerdynamic DT880's, O2 amp, and a MAYBE a ODAC. Only reason I have to wait till Christmas is I'm 13. Also to add, the turntable and speakers is for my dad for Christmas. It's not all for me. I hope I get to open it though. This audio hobby is getting expensivepost #9705 of 2113611/19/12 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by wolfetan44
I can't use speakers all the time though! And the turntable will be downstairs, here's to hoping the Beyerdynamic DT880's have a long cord! Anyways, they come next week. But, I will not be trying them next week as I'm getting them for Christmas. How's this sound for Christmas? The stuff listed above plus Beyerdynamic DT880's, O2 amp, and a MAYBE a ODAC. Only reason I have to wait till Christmas is I'm 13. Also to add, the turntable and speakers is for my dad for Christmas. It's not all for me. I hope I get to open it though. This audio hobby is getting expensive
Forget all that!
I say drill a hole into your wall or ceiling, feed a custom 20ft+ cable through said hole, snake it through the walls perhaps, and finally have it come out neatly by your desk/preferred upstairs listening location.
From then on you can be one of those guys with a (more than likely) one-of-a-kind setup.
Keep us posted!
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Micca OriGen USB audio DAC and Preamp - 192khz/24bit and DSD64 - NEW? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones in terms of sound quality for use with a fiio x or... 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Best used USB to digital converters under $200 6 minutes ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 6 minutes ago
- › I did my own listening test...four formats...did I hear a difference? 8 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 8 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...