Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 647post #9691 of 2124011/19/12 at 7:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9692 of 2124011/19/12 at 7:48ampost #9693 of 2124011/19/12 at 9:14ampost #9694 of 2124011/19/12 at 1:42pmpost #9695 of 2124011/19/12 at 1:50pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
SNES all the way!! Super Mario World! :Dpost #9696 of 2124011/19/12 at 2:31pmQuote:
Found out the CD player preproman! Its a Esoteric X01-D2. Only retailed for $20,000 when it first came out. Not that much money for a CD player. No wonder it sounded so good.post #9697 of 2124011/19/12 at 2:41pmpost #9698 of 2124011/19/12 at 3:37pm
Testing out some new toys. bit of a messy setup today
Just received W4S DAC1 and Senn HD700.
Also got my Koss ESP 950 and the Mad Dogs for comparisons.
buuuuut... My Amphora amp is out for a wiring repair at ALO so the 1K source and 1K headphone are connected to... a 40 dollar cmoy.
honestly, cmoy doesn't do a terrible job. sounds a bit lush and bloomy, but the technical merits of the HD700 still come through. (side note: still unsure how I feel about the HD700 but I know I don't hate them.)post #9699 of 2124011/19/12 at 4:12pmQuote:
Figured it'd be hooked up to an Esoteric something or other.post #9700 of 2124011/19/12 at 5:00pmpost #9701 of 2124011/19/12 at 5:05pmpost #9702 of 2124011/19/12 at 5:07pm
I was thinking that. Never know though. I need more money for audio. Just got a Rega RP1,Music Hall Marimba's, and a Parasound ZPhono Preamp though, not quite sure why I'm researching CD players now. Damn this hobby!
Edited by wolfetan44 - 11/19/12 at 5:08pmpost #9703 of 2124011/19/12 at 5:32pmQuote:
Once you go vinyl, you don't really go back How are you liking your Rega?post #9704 of 2124011/19/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
I can't use speakers all the time though! And the turntable will be downstairs, here's to hoping the Beyerdynamic DT880's have a long cord! Anyways, they come next week. But, I will not be trying them next week as I'm getting them for Christmas. How's this sound for Christmas? The stuff listed above plus Beyerdynamic DT880's, O2 amp, and a MAYBE a ODAC. Only reason I have to wait till Christmas is I'm 13. Also to add, the turntable and speakers is for my dad for Christmas. It's not all for me. I hope I get to open it though. This audio hobby is getting expensivepost #9705 of 2124011/19/12 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by wolfetan44
I can't use speakers all the time though! And the turntable will be downstairs, here's to hoping the Beyerdynamic DT880's have a long cord! Anyways, they come next week. But, I will not be trying them next week as I'm getting them for Christmas. How's this sound for Christmas? The stuff listed above plus Beyerdynamic DT880's, O2 amp, and a MAYBE a ODAC. Only reason I have to wait till Christmas is I'm 13. Also to add, the turntable and speakers is for my dad for Christmas. It's not all for me. I hope I get to open it though. This audio hobby is getting expensive
Forget all that!
I say drill a hole into your wall or ceiling, feed a custom 20ft+ cable through said hole, snake it through the walls perhaps, and finally have it come out neatly by your desk/preferred upstairs listening location.
From then on you can be one of those guys with a (more than likely) one-of-a-kind setup.
Keep us posted!
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 52 seconds ago
- › need help deciding which headphone to buy please :D 1 minute ago
- › UM Merlin Ciem 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 AMP 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Linum Bax 2 pin cable - new 7 minutes ago
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...