Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 644

post #9646 of 19051
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpking View Post

i'm impressed lugbug that you've got a bedroom and a living room setup - do they run off the same music source?

No, I've got two laptops. One main one downstairs and a little netbook that I use only for music upstairs :)

post #9647 of 19051

a while ago my skull candy's broke, found Head-fi looking for something new, didn't even know what IEM stood for.

 

2 Months later I got this:

 

laptop>FLAC, or Garrard mk. 2> Fisher 400>AKG Q701, or two Twinaziom 12in

 

 

 

Thanks head-fi, learned a ton!!beyersmile.png

post #9648 of 19051
P1020123
post #9649 of 19051
I like the Little Dot hanging out incognito....wink.gif
post #9650 of 19051
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinopolis View Post

P1020123

Nice! welcome to head-fi, soz about your wal... hah too late. beerchug.gif

post #9651 of 19051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer95 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

Optical out to RCA? That's a sweet setup, real clean

No unfortunetly the Macbook Air´s dont have optical out, so its just the standart output.
And also thanks for the comments smily_headphones1.gif

Even if the Air did have an optical out, there's nowhere for it to go at this point.
post #9652 of 19051
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnm30rdi3 View Post

 

Very clean looking set-up. I love it!

I gotta ask, why do your neighbors have bars on all their windows?


He keeps burgling them to pay for his head-fi gear wink_face.gif

post #9653 of 19051
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

1000

 

1000

 

Finally up and running with my analogue stuff. Got a great deal on it, and it sounds good to me. 

 

You guys should be able to recognize the vinyl. ;)

 

Very nice! I didn't realize Lateralus was available on Vinyl, have you heard the CD too? If so can you discern much differences between the vinyl and cd? I know the CD version was mastered pretty well.

post #9654 of 19051

That fisher is absolutely beautiful beerchug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie View Post

a while ago my skull candy's broke, found Head-fi looking for something new, didn't even know what IEM stood for.

 

2 Months later I got this:

 

laptop>FLAC, or Garrard mk. 2> Fisher 400>AKG Q701, or two Twinaziom 12in

 

 

 

Thanks head-fi, learned a ton!!beyersmile.png

post #9655 of 19051
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

Very nice! I didn't realize Lateralus was available on Vinyl, have you heard the CD too? If so can you discern much differences between the vinyl and cd? I know the CD version was mastered pretty well.

The CD is probably the better choice because it's still produced very well.

Fun fact: All of Tool's albums are on vinyl except 10,000 Days. Aenima is the only rare one though. Legit copies to for around 300 bucks. Lots of fakes.
post #9656 of 19051

1000Alternating between HE500 and LCD2Rev2(both balanced with ALO chain mail/Norse adapter for HE500)and I love them both but the nod goes to the Audeze as they are more visceral and closer to "live instruments"!

post #9657 of 19051

Just tried the LCD 2 + LCD 3, Sennheiser HD800 + HD700, Shure 1840 ,and the Beyerdynamic T1 on the Antelope Zodiac Gold. I have to say, I could not stand the LCD 2 and LCD 3. They were way too heavy and I do not know how people like them very much. I could not even focus on the music due to the weight. My favorite was between the T1 and the HD800. I'm not sure which one I liked better, I felt the T1 sounded better. But, the HD800 was more comfortable but still sounded great. The source was some CD player that was really high-end, did not catch the name though. Anybody in the Bay Area I recommend going to AudioHigh, the employees were very nice. 


Edited by wolfetan44 - 11/17/12 at 3:00pm
post #9658 of 19051
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Just tried the LCD 2 + LCD 3, Sennheiser HD800 + HD700, Shure 1840 ,and the Beyerdynamic T1 on the Antelope Zodiac Gold. I have to say, I could not stand the LCD 2 and LCD 3. They were way too heavy and I do not know how people like them very much. I could not even focus on the music due to the weight. My favorite was between the T1 and the HD800. I'm not sure which one I liked better, I felt the T1 sounded better. But, the HD800 was more comfortable but still sounded great. The source was some CD player that was really high-end, did not catch the name though. Anybody in the Bay Area I recommend going to AudioHigh, the employees were very nice. 

If you were heeling the Zodiac as a headphone amp you weren't hearing any of those cans at their best. Unfortunately the Zodiac Amos have kind of a throw away amp.
post #9659 of 19051

I find the clamp on the LCD2 a bit more distracting than the weight. I feel some softer pads (or memory foam) would be better too. 

post #9660 of 19051
.
 
 
Nvm.........

Edited by sphinxvc - 11/17/12 at 3:52pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...