That's a really original build. I don't think I've seen them in an all wooden casing before. It looks great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 610post #9136 of 1784510/15/12 at 6:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9137 of 1784510/15/12 at 6:16pmpost #9138 of 1784510/15/12 at 6:23pmpost #9139 of 1784510/15/12 at 6:29pmQuote:
I would say if you wanted to take the time to remove the paint and etch it in with a template that you could probably make yourself and then cover the areas not etched and stain the parts etched a darker color? I have no idea how to work with woods so I'm not sure if this is feasible or not.post #9140 of 1784510/15/12 at 6:32pmpost #9141 of 1784510/15/12 at 6:34pmpost #9142 of 1784510/15/12 at 7:35pmQuote:Took me about a month. Yes, I had alot of time to spend on that project :)post #9143 of 1784510/15/12 at 9:42pmpost #9144 of 1784510/15/12 at 11:33pmQuote:
Oh man, I never thought about using a trophy shop, but it's brilliant! I'll have to give it a try for my next build. Thanks for the idea.post #9145 of 1784510/15/12 at 11:43pm
Or etch it in with a woodburning kit... though that's a skill that needs to be learned all its own. It'd look nice though.post #9146 of 1784510/16/12 at 12:08ampost #9147 of 1784510/16/12 at 12:33am
Really nice work. I would sand the lettering off and stain the wood with wood dye, and then varnish with wax. You could have a nice Rosewood or Mahogany colour to match yur LCD2's!post #9148 of 1784510/16/12 at 1:17amQuote:
Have you tried the xonar with HD 650?post #9149 of 1784510/16/12 at 6:02amQuote:
Can't wait to see how it turns out!post #9150 of 1784510/16/12 at 7:33am
Sure. I have tried it with LCD-2 r1, LCD-3, HD 600, HD 650, D7000, T1 and some others lower end cans, all of which I currently own. Here are some initial impressions of Asus Xonar Essence One. I've not yet started changing the opamps, but sure will. I feel the value of this product is really high, and find it weird that not more head-fiers have it or are talking about it. The biggest downside is that the volume knobs are cheap and there are imbalances on the lowest settings, but you can just turn down the volume in foobar and have a greater range with lower impedance and highly sensitive cans.
I'd say HD 650 and Essence One is a very good combo. HD 650 can be a bit too smooth, laidback and lacking in details, but with the stock Essence One it is more up front, controlled and detailed in my ears. I currently own Grace Design m903 and Woo Audio WA6-SE with a ton of tubes, and that's what I'm basing the statements on. It's hard to describe sound unless you have something to compare it with.
Here is a pdf file with a step by step tutorial for swapping the opamps, and also some opamp recommendations and sound descriptions.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 3 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 13 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 , Hifiman HM901 26 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › My HE-5LE just died again! 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob