That's a really original build. I don't think I've seen them in an all wooden casing before. It looks great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 610post #9136 of 1881210/15/12 at 6:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9137 of 1881210/15/12 at 6:16pmpost #9138 of 1881210/15/12 at 6:23pmpost #9139 of 1881210/15/12 at 6:29pmQuote:
I would say if you wanted to take the time to remove the paint and etch it in with a template that you could probably make yourself and then cover the areas not etched and stain the parts etched a darker color? I have no idea how to work with woods so I'm not sure if this is feasible or not.post #9140 of 1881210/15/12 at 6:32pmpost #9141 of 1881210/15/12 at 6:34pmpost #9142 of 1881210/15/12 at 7:35pmQuote:Took me about a month. Yes, I had alot of time to spend on that project :)post #9143 of 1881210/15/12 at 9:42pmpost #9144 of 1881210/15/12 at 11:33pmQuote:
Oh man, I never thought about using a trophy shop, but it's brilliant! I'll have to give it a try for my next build. Thanks for the idea.post #9145 of 1881210/15/12 at 11:43pm
Or etch it in with a woodburning kit... though that's a skill that needs to be learned all its own. It'd look nice though.post #9146 of 1881210/16/12 at 12:08ampost #9147 of 1881210/16/12 at 12:33am
Really nice work. I would sand the lettering off and stain the wood with wood dye, and then varnish with wax. You could have a nice Rosewood or Mahogany colour to match yur LCD2's!post #9148 of 1881210/16/12 at 1:17amQuote:
Have you tried the xonar with HD 650?post #9149 of 1881210/16/12 at 6:02amQuote:
Can't wait to see how it turns out!post #9150 of 1881210/16/12 at 7:33am
Sure. I have tried it with LCD-2 r1, LCD-3, HD 600, HD 650, D7000, T1 and some others lower end cans, all of which I currently own. Here are some initial impressions of Asus Xonar Essence One. I've not yet started changing the opamps, but sure will. I feel the value of this product is really high, and find it weird that not more head-fiers have it or are talking about it. The biggest downside is that the volume knobs are cheap and there are imbalances on the lowest settings, but you can just turn down the volume in foobar and have a greater range with lower impedance and highly sensitive cans.
I'd say HD 650 and Essence One is a very good combo. HD 650 can be a bit too smooth, laidback and lacking in details, but with the stock Essence One it is more up front, controlled and detailed in my ears. I currently own Grace Design m903 and Woo Audio WA6-SE with a ton of tubes, and that's what I'm basing the statements on. It's hard to describe sound unless you have something to compare it with.
Here is a pdf file with a step by step tutorial for swapping the opamps, and also some opamp recommendations and sound descriptions.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 13 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 33 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 47 seconds ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 1 minute ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Rotel RCD-1070 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)