That's a really original build. I don't think I've seen them in an all wooden casing before. It looks great.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 8/23/11 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 3/28/11 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 3/24/13 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 2/6/13 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Edited on 8/18/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 610post #9136 of 1366110/15/12 at 6:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9137 of 1366110/15/12 at 6:16pmpost #9138 of 1366110/15/12 at 6:23pmpost #9139 of 1366110/15/12 at 6:29pmQuote:
I would say if you wanted to take the time to remove the paint and etch it in with a template that you could probably make yourself and then cover the areas not etched and stain the parts etched a darker color? I have no idea how to work with woods so I'm not sure if this is feasible or not.post #9140 of 1366110/15/12 at 6:32pmpost #9141 of 1366110/15/12 at 6:34pmpost #9142 of 1366110/15/12 at 7:35pmQuote:Took me about a month. Yes, I had alot of time to spend on that project :)post #9143 of 1366110/15/12 at 9:42pmpost #9144 of 1366110/15/12 at 11:33pmQuote:
Oh man, I never thought about using a trophy shop, but it's brilliant! I'll have to give it a try for my next build. Thanks for the idea.post #9145 of 1366110/15/12 at 11:43pmpost #9146 of 1366110/16/12 at 12:08ampost #9147 of 1366110/16/12 at 12:33am
Really nice work. I would sand the lettering off and stain the wood with wood dye, and then varnish with wax. You could have a nice Rosewood or Mahogany colour to match yur LCD2's!post #9148 of 1366110/16/12 at 1:17amQuote:
Have you tried the xonar with HD 650?post #9149 of 1366110/16/12 at 6:02amQuote:
Can't wait to see how it turns out!post #9150 of 1366110/16/12 at 7:33am
Sure. I have tried it with LCD-2 r1, LCD-3, HD 600, HD 650, D7000, T1 and some others lower end cans, all of which I currently own. Here are some initial impressions of Asus Xonar Essence One. I've not yet started changing the opamps, but sure will. I feel the value of this product is really high, and find it weird that not more head-fiers have it or are talking about it. The biggest downside is that the volume knobs are cheap and there are imbalances on the lowest settings, but you can just turn down the volume in foobar and have a greater range with lower impedance and highly sensitive cans.
I'd say HD 650 and Essence One is a very good combo. HD 650 can be a bit too smooth, laidback and lacking in details, but with the stock Essence One it is more up front, controlled and detailed in my ears. I currently own Grace Design m903 and Woo Audio WA6-SE with a ton of tubes, and that's what I'm basing the statements on. It's hard to describe sound unless you have something to compare it with.
Here is a pdf file with a step by step tutorial for swapping the opamps, and also some opamp recommendations and sound descriptions.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 12 seconds ago
- › Latest QLS DAP For Home audio : QLS HI FI QA 660 as transport only 16 seconds ago
- › Hi quality Fuses: do they improve sound? 36 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 50 seconds ago
- › Looking to upgrade from AKG K702 1 minute ago
- › Creative sound blaster xfi, noise problems 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with crazy low prices (including... 2 minutes ago
- › $15 to $75 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe