Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 608

post #9106 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeahale View Post

Mirin' your speakers !! I got the same ones :P

post #9107 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by olor1n View Post

Schiit should be commissioning you for their promo pics. Seriously.
The pictures of v200 on violectric site are his so I would expect the same
post #9108 of 17837
I absolutely love my speakers. They are incredible for near-field listening. And they look as good as they sound!
post #9109 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

IcedTea, who was it!?

Lol, 

 

it was actually for the media player skin (Zune), I haven't seen one like that before.

 

But as I was typing it I guess the Schiit amp post beat me to it hahaha

post #9110 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by feigeibomber View Post

Mirin' your speakers !! I got the same ones :P

How do you like them? Was eyeing up a set not to long ago.

post #9111 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedTea View Post

Lol, 

 

it was actually for the media player skin (Zune), I haven't seen one like that before.

 

But as I was typing it I guess the Schiit amp post beat me to it hahaha

tongue.gif

post #9112 of 17837

 

My rig in college. Lenovo SL510 =USB=> Bifrost =ALO=> Lyr (CV2492 Mullard) = > stock K701

The black box is a hardcase for transporting cigars... right now (as it was never used for cigars) it transports my tubes.

 

I nearly got arrested in Dubai airport because they didnt know what they were confused.gif

post #9113 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiphile View Post

 

My rig in college. Lenovo SL510 =USB=> Bifrost =ALO=> Lyr (CV2492 Mullard) = > stock K701

The black box is a hardcase for transporting cigars... right now (as it was never used for cigars) it transports my tubes.

 

I nearly got arrested in Dubai airport because they didnt know what they were confused.gif

 

 

Nice rig and great use of resources.....tongue.gif

post #9114 of 17837

New rack. It looks like a Sanus (bought it on Craigslist for $25). Nice thing is it actually supports the weight of my receiver. The cheap rack I had before was starting to sag in the middle.

 

 

post #9115 of 17837

 

Shown:

 

Audio Technica ATH-T400

Grado SR60i

Skullcandy Hesh 2.0

Zune HD 16 gb

Focusrite VRMBox (used purely as a usb dac/amp through Foobar/Asio. Not using the software.

post #9116 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiphile View Post

 

I nearly got arrested in Dubai airport because they didnt know what they were confused.gif

Please tell the story, got me interested. :)

post #9117 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthFall View Post

Please tell the story, got me interested. :)

x2

post #9118 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthFall View Post

Please tell the story, got me interested. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor991 View Post

x2


hehe,, so while on my internship in the UAE (I was in Abu Dhabi), I bought the Schiit gear from a fellow head-fier in Dubai along with 2 sets of tubes. On my way home I had packed them in my luggage which I checked in (I hate doing this, im always afraid something might happen to them) while I had the tubes in the hand luggage (in the box), being the most shock sensitive and all.

 

So as I passed passport control and went for the security check, I had my bag x-rayed and they asked me to stand aside. It was the first (and only) time something like this had happened, ive never had any trouble at airports before, and I fly quite often. The Arab lady that was working as security made me open the bag in the most cautious way possible and asked me to open the box where the tubes were.

 

At this point, I realized I might be in risk of loosing the tubes, because I know how ignorant people can be and just treat them as hazardous objects and ask me to throw them away. This got me really nervous and the lady seemed to have noticed that. I could see her eyes (being the only thing I can see, as she was all covered in the habaya) moving around, as she started raising her voice and gathering other security. Eventually as I opened the box with like 5 security guards staring at me, she takes one of the tubes and starts swinging it around trying to figure out what it is. One guard that spoke English asked me to explain what it was and I tried explaining that it was about: audio, music, headphones, amplifier... etc. They seemed even more confused.

Eventually I realized that our word for tube (in Macedonian, that as a language was largely influenced by Turkish which in turn has a lot of Arabic words) is "lampa" (like lamp), so I said that and they started repeating: lampa, lampa.. and started laughing... I was so confused and angry, yet relieved when she put the tube back and eventually let me go.

Imagine having your brand new tubes taken away because someone has never seen anything like it...

post #9119 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiphile View Post

 


hehe,, so while on my internship in the UAE (I was in Abu Dhabi), I bought the Schiit gear from a fellow head-fier in Dubai along with 2 sets of tubes. On my way home I had packed them in my luggage which I checked in (I hate doing this, im always afraid something might happen to them) while I had the tubes in the hand luggage (in the box), being the most shock sensitive and all.

 

So as I passed passport control and went for the security check, I had my bag x-rayed and they asked me to stand aside. It was the first (and only) time something like this had happened, ive never had any trouble at airports before, and I fly quite often. The Arab lady that was working as security made me open the bag in the most cautious way possible and asked me to open the box where the tubes were.

 

At this point, I realized I might be in risk of loosing the tubes, because I know how ignorant people can be and just treat them as hazardous objects and ask me to throw them away. This got me really nervous and the lady seemed to have noticed that. I could see her eyes (being the only thing I can see, as she was all covered in the habaya) moving around, as she started raising her voice and gathering other security. Eventually as I opened the box with like 5 security guards staring at me, she takes one of the tubes and starts swinging it around trying to figure out what it is. One guard that spoke English asked me to explain what it was and I tried explaining that it was about: audio, music, headphones, amplifier... etc. They seemed even more confused.

Eventually I realized that our word for tube (in Macedonian, that as a language was largely influenced by Turkish which in turn has a lot of Arabic words) is "lampa" (like lamp), so I said that and they started repeating: lampa, lampa.. and started laughing... I was so confused and angry, yet relieved when she put the tube back and eventually let me go.

Imagine having your brand new tubes taken away because someone has never seen anything like it...

I would have ****ted myself :p Must have been kind of scary

post #9120 of 17837
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiphile View Post

 


hehe,, so while on my internship in the UAE (I was in Abu Dhabi), I bought the Schiit gear from a fellow head-fier in Dubai along with 2 sets of tubes. On my way home I had packed them in my luggage which I checked in (I hate doing this, im always afraid something might happen to them) while I had the tubes in the hand luggage (in the box), being the most shock sensitive and all.

 

So as I passed passport control and went for the security check, I had my bag x-rayed and they asked me to stand aside. It was the first (and only) time something like this had happened, ive never had any trouble at airports before, and I fly quite often. The Arab lady that was working as security made me open the bag in the most cautious way possible and asked me to open the box where the tubes were.

 

At this point, I realized I might be in risk of loosing the tubes, because I know how ignorant people can be and just treat them as hazardous objects and ask me to throw them away. This got me really nervous and the lady seemed to have noticed that. I could see her eyes (being the only thing I can see, as she was all covered in the habaya) moving around, as she started raising her voice and gathering other security. Eventually as I opened the box with like 5 security guards staring at me, she takes one of the tubes and starts swinging it around trying to figure out what it is. One guard that spoke English asked me to explain what it was and I tried explaining that it was about: audio, music, headphones, amplifier... etc. They seemed even more confused.

Eventually I realized that our word for tube (in Macedonian, that as a language was largely influenced by Turkish which in turn has a lot of Arabic words) is "lampa" (like lamp), so I said that and they started repeating: lampa, lampa.. and started laughing... I was so confused and angry, yet relieved when she put the tube back and eventually let me go.

Imagine having your brand new tubes taken away because someone has never seen anything like it...

That's an interesting story. I am also from Turkey and the word for tube in Turkish is tüp which could also mean propane tank :) I'm glad you used the word lamba which is less problematic than saying audio tube in Turkish :) 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...