Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 600

post #8986 of 19936
Those aren't stands. I put my monitors on top of my vintage floor standing speakers

I was kneeling on my chair for a better view, so yes, enjoy the candid knee shot. Don't fap, now, gentlemen.
post #8987 of 19936
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

 

My rig has changed a bit since my last picture. I sold my V200 amp and awaiting the return of my Mjolnir and in between I picked up a HE-6

 

 

Though you haven't used the Mjolnir with both (I assume) yet, if you had to keep one...HD800's or HE-6?

post #8988 of 19936
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

 

My rig has changed a bit since my last picture. I sold my V200 amp and awaiting the return of my Mjolnir and in between I picked up a HE-6

Nice. The HE6's always just look sooo slick

post #8989 of 19936
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Nice. The HE6's always just look sooo slick

And the best part is they sound better than they look. ;)

post #8990 of 19936

This is my head-fi station in its current state :-)

 

Serious: PC => O2/ODAC => Denon AH-D7000

Casual: Xonar Essence ST => Fiio E9 (pre-amp) => Speakers (positioned behind and towards the left from the image below)

 

 

 

 

 O2/ODAC has finally arrived!

 

 

 

I love this topic, many many great rigs!


Edited by MHOE - 10/9/12 at 9:37am
post #8991 of 19936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post

 

AKG, Beyer, and Beats (in the case of Fanny Wang), etc aren't as touchy as Apple apparently.

Well this is actually a bit beyond being touchy. It's the exact same design. If you covered the Superlux sign, I'd say someone modded their Beyers. 

post #8992 of 19936

 

My current setup. When your Stax Omega II Mk1s are in storage, you know speakers are the real deal. Though I do miss the stats' transients and neutrality once in a while.

post #8993 of 19936

 


Sorry about those red dots in the image. My digital camera must be broken.

post #8994 of 19936

My work setup in progress...

post #8995 of 19936
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool462 View Post

Though you haven't used the Mjolnir with both (I assume) yet, if you had to keep one...HD800's or HE-6?

The Mjolnir is coming back to me today but I'm not home to pick it up so probably later this week I will be able to try them.

 

Right now the HD800 is my favorite headphone and pretty much suits me perfectly. The HE-6 I haven't had much time yet since I'm using the D1 dac/amp until my Mjolnir returns but it will have to be realy good to surpass the HD800. When I have a fair comparison which will be with that amp then i will know but it will take something special to surpass the HD800.

post #8996 of 19936
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

The Mjolnir is coming back to me today but I'm not home to pick it up so probably later this week I will be able to try them.

 

Right now the HD800 is my favorite headphone and pretty much suits me perfectly. The HE-6 I haven't had much time yet since I'm using the D1 dac/amp until my Mjolnir returns but it will have to be realy good to surpass the HD800. When I have a fair comparison which will be with that amp then i will know but it will take something special to surpass the HD800.

 

I think, in my experience, the only thing the HE-6 significantly passes the HD-800 in is bass.  The HD-800 sounds more open, has better separation, is more comfortable, and goes toe to toe in most other areas.  The only reason I use the HE-6 over the HD-800s is when I want more bass.  Bass aside, the HE-6s are a step above in most areas over the LCD-2.2s when amped properly, but I still prefer the LCD-2s because of the signature Audeze sound and oh, that sweet luscious bass.  I just can't go without it...  If bass was not something I was too concerned with, I'd go with the HD-800s and be done with it.  No second guesses or doubts about it.

post #8997 of 19936
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolor View Post

 


Sorry about those red dots in the image. My digital camera must be broken.

You captured blood from the spirit world very_evil_smiley.gif

post #8998 of 19936

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadCare View Post

You captured blood from the spirit world very_evil_smiley.gif

I wish, would be probably nicer than the poltergeist always tangling my headphone cords

post #8999 of 19936

I really should get a decal like this for my MBP. The Joker one is the one I've had my eye on for awhile.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrietywarrior View Post

My work setup in progress...

 

 

I don't know. I picked the HD800 over the LCD 2.2 even though I listen to a lot of Bass Heavy EDM. I felt the HD800's bass just has more texture than the LCD 2 or HE-6. There was something about it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokendog View Post

 

I think, in my experience, the only thing the HE-6 significantly passes the HD-800 in is bass.  The HD-800 sounds more open, has better separation, is more comfortable, and goes toe to toe in most other areas.  The only reason I use the HE-6 over the HD-800s is when I want more bass.  Bass aside, the HE-6s are a step above in most areas over the LCD-2.2s when amped properly, but I still prefer the LCD-2s because of the signature Audeze sound and oh, that sweet luscious bass.  I just can't go without it...  If bass was not something I was too concerned with, I'd go with the HD-800s and be done with it.  No second guesses or doubts about it.

post #9000 of 19936
Quote:
Originally Posted by justie View Post

Gentlemen, meet my mancave XD

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Dost thou play Darksiders 2?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...