Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 598

post #8956 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

How are the Hifiman HE-500?

 

IMO, the HE-500 would be the best out of those three...but then again, perspective is relative. :)

post #8957 of 18396

The short way of describing the he-500 is "believe the hype". I had an he-500 that got sold when I bought the audeze lcd-3, but the lcd-3 was uncomfortable for me so I sold it and bought another he-500 (the one I have now). And while the lcd-3 is the better headphone, it's not by enough to make me really miss it when I have the he-500.

post #8958 of 18396
I have a feeling I am going to be spending quite some time just looking through this thread. So much stuff to see.
post #8959 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Well done Detoxguy! Terrific looking setup. I'll be it sounds wonderful.  What wood color is the shelf on the rack?

This one is the cherrywood veneer.
post #8960 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorwegian View Post

The short way of describing the he-500 is "believe the hype". I had an he-500 that got sold when I bought the audeze lcd-3, but the lcd-3 was uncomfortable for me so I sold it and bought another he-500 (the one I have now). And while the lcd-3 is the better headphone, it's not by enough to make me really miss it when I have the he-500.

Ok thanks. I'll probably get Mad Dogs because there more practical and can use them anywhere. HE-500's only at home. Thanks!

post #8961 of 18396

So I keep making changes.  Here I've got pictures of the most recent iteration of my living-room setup.  Next to my ST-70 is the Decware CSP2+ driving the HD650.  It's also feeding the Decware Taboo that sits right nextdoor.  That is powering the AKG Q701.  Sometime soon I need to unplug everything a reroute all the cords to get rid of a bit of hum that's crept up..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #8962 of 18396

OK...Now I can't wait for the CSP2+ to get shipped...It got delayed for Zenfest. Should be shipped any day now.....

post #8963 of 18396

Here are my rigs: Sorry for the dark photos, I was testing the F1.8 lens on my point-and-shoot.

 

1. PC rig - you can't see the Kingrex UD384 + PSU feeding the Lebel CS300x into LCD2rev2s/HifiMan HE-5s/880s/702s/650s/ESW10Jpns/DT1350s/K550s ços they're behind the monitor. The Stax is a Lambda Sig (404 and 006t) driven by aformentioned PC-Kingrex or Marantz SA8003

 

 

 

2. The bedroom rig - a Cyrus CD8x feeding a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC feeding a M1 HPA, or a Cyrus 8vs integrated driving an Epos ELS 2.1 setup

 

post #8964 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorwegian View Post

Current setup...

How is the Taurus?
post #8965 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPManiac View Post

Here are my rigs: Sorry for the dark photos, I was testing the F1.8 lens on my point-and-shoot.

 

1. PC rig - you can't see the Kingrex UD384 + PSU feeding the Lebel CS300x into LCD2rev2s/HifiMan HE-5s/880s/702s/650s/ESW10Jpns/DT1350s/K550s ços they're behind the monitor. The Stax is a Lambda Sig (404 and 006t) driven by aformentioned PC-Kingrex or Marantz SA8003

 

2. The bedroom rig - a Cyrus CD8x feeding a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC feeding a M1 HPA, or a Cyrus 8vs integrated driving an Epos ELS 2.1 setup

I need to know what those LCD-2 Cables are !!!!!!!

post #8966 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post


How is the Taurus?

 

I took a chance buying it as I could only find 6moons review of it, but I pretty much agree with 6moons about everything. It's a very good amp. Most impressive is the amount of power, big soundstage and massive amounts of air it gives you. Sounds great with everything I have, and the same goes for the lcd-3 I sold.

post #8967 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorwegian View Post

I took a chance buying it as I could only find 6moons review of it, but I pretty much agree with 6moons about everything. It's a very good amp. Most impressive is the amount of power, big soundstage and massive amounts of air it gives you. Sounds great with everything I have, and the same goes for the lcd-3 I sold.
Did you compare it to other amps as well?
post #8968 of 18396
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorwegian View Post

Current setup...

 

 

How's the D7100 so far? I had the W1000X before, and have the D7000 now, but still curious about the D7100. 

post #8969 of 18396

I wish I liked the sound of my Q701s as much as I like how they look in photos! I don't know what it is, but I find these headphones very photogenic...every time I see them in a pic I go over and look at mine lol. 

post #8970 of 18396

SUP: I've only had the shiit asgard and musical fidelity m1 hpa before the auralic taurus. The Musical Fidelity M1 HPA is a massive improvement over the shiit asgard, and the taurus is an improvement ove the m1 hpa. The m1 hpa colors the sound a bit, while the taurus is pretty neutral.

 

LINKPRO: I'm suprised at how much sub-bass the d7100 has, it's really a beast. Beeing a "top of the line" headphone I was expecting something a bit more refined, but the denon d7100 really is a party monster. You're fully aware you've got some bass happy headphones on you no matter what kind of music you listen to with them. If any basshead is looking to upgrade to some true "hifi sound", but doesn't want to loose out in the bass department - I'd suggest the d7100 in a heartbeat. It's for anyone that wants to FEEL the music aswell as hear it. Everyone else should stay away. Personally I'm very happy with them. I have the he-500 for when I want to do some critical listening, just me and the music. The W1000X for when I want music a bit more in the background when I'm doing other stuff at the same time, and the D7100 for when I want to get kicked in the head with bass.They're also super comfortable. Can wear them for hours, just like the w1000x.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...