Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 595post #8911 of 2137310/5/12 at 7:12amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8912 of 2137310/5/12 at 7:14ampost #8913 of 2137310/5/12 at 7:21ampost #8914 of 2137310/5/12 at 7:22amQuote:
Deja Vu Audio Ltd, McLean VA.post #8915 of 2137310/5/12 at 7:29amQuote:
Pay me instead dude ;)post #8916 of 2137310/5/12 at 7:54am
Of course you picked the most expensive item. I guess I should've said 'almost the entire line'.
The only other thing above 10k is the TT, but for the DACs, Phono Stages, and Amps it seems very reasonable if the sound holds up.post #8917 of 2137310/5/12 at 7:58am
I appreciate the total "Go for it" approach to Summit-Fi, but seriously, $32,000 for a CD player? Considering the direction of music consumption and the advance of lossless codecs you wonder where the tipping point is for a product making sense.post #8918 of 2137310/5/12 at 8:25amQuote:
Yes, it was an "entire line" comment. Perhaps I take statements like that too literally.
Keep in mind the DACs, phono stages, and amps all need to be paired with "humpty"s or "dumpty"s ($2500 and $3500) PS's for optimal performance. That brings the price up quite a bit.
That said, some of their products do come up at decent discounts on Audiogon once in a while.post #8919 of 2137310/5/12 at 12:13pmpost #8920 of 2137310/5/12 at 12:38pmpost #8921 of 2137310/5/12 at 12:38pmpost #8922 of 2137310/5/12 at 1:35pmpost #8923 of 2137310/5/12 at 1:36pmpost #8924 of 2137310/5/12 at 1:42pmThread Starter
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica W3000ANV 3 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 4 minutes ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Cable+ Active Voltage Raising / Impedance Matching Cable 7 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...