Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
The Grado SR80i presents everything very nicely, almost romantic, you can hear everything, until you start comparing. Its not the most detailed, however it is very transparent. Its soundstage is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Arcam of Cambridge for including me in the UK tour in exchange for my honest opinion.IntroductionThe more I look at the audio industry, the more amazed I am at the number of...
Cayin iDac-6 and iHA-6 A story of a beautiful duo and my honeymoon with them Prequel Let me rewind just a tad before we begin. I am one of many who interminably chase the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 595post #8911 of 2130810/5/12 at 7:12amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8912 of 2130810/5/12 at 7:14ampost #8913 of 2130810/5/12 at 7:21ampost #8914 of 2130810/5/12 at 7:22amQuote:
Deja Vu Audio Ltd, McLean VA.post #8915 of 2130810/5/12 at 7:29amQuote:
Pay me instead dude ;)post #8916 of 2130810/5/12 at 7:54am
Of course you picked the most expensive item. I guess I should've said 'almost the entire line'.
The only other thing above 10k is the TT, but for the DACs, Phono Stages, and Amps it seems very reasonable if the sound holds up.post #8917 of 2130810/5/12 at 7:58am
I appreciate the total "Go for it" approach to Summit-Fi, but seriously, $32,000 for a CD player? Considering the direction of music consumption and the advance of lossless codecs you wonder where the tipping point is for a product making sense.post #8918 of 2130810/5/12 at 8:25amQuote:
Yes, it was an "entire line" comment. Perhaps I take statements like that too literally.
Keep in mind the DACs, phono stages, and amps all need to be paired with "humpty"s or "dumpty"s ($2500 and $3500) PS's for optimal performance. That brings the price up quite a bit.
That said, some of their products do come up at decent discounts on Audiogon once in a while.post #8919 of 2130810/5/12 at 12:13pmpost #8920 of 2130810/5/12 at 12:38pmpost #8921 of 2130810/5/12 at 12:38pmpost #8922 of 2130810/5/12 at 1:35pmpost #8923 of 2130810/5/12 at 1:36pmpost #8924 of 2130810/5/12 at 1:42pmThread Starter
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › a media player that works as an external sound card 9 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 19 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 28 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 34 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 41 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › TY Hi-Z 32ohm HiFi Earbuds Earphone by Himpedance
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...