Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 594

post #8896 of 19870

 

Enjoying this quite a bit at the moment!

post #8897 of 19870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


It is the TX-NR509. I got it refurbished from accessoriesforless.com. They are the only authorized refurb dealer for onkyo if you check the onkyo site. The newest version of this reciever is the TX-NR414 I believe. The specs are virtually identical so I chose to go with the 509 and save a few bucks.
I don't have PS3 but I'll bet it would work. The last sony I had was glitchy on the hdmi pass through of my computer to my monitor because my monitor is not 1080 it is a 1920X1200. But the onkyo handles it seamlessly. Not a single problem with the higher resolution.
Hope that helps.

I believe I had the 307 or 308, I'm assuming they fixed it then with their latest batch of receivers...

im having an issue with my Vsx-920k right now where if I reboot my PC hooked up to it, it will change black to green and white to pink...

thanks for the site as well.

post #8898 of 19870

My secondary analogue system

post #8899 of 19870

Favorite Technics table.

 

Still want to own one.

post #8900 of 19870

How epic would it be if someone could use an actual CD/vinyl jukebox as their transport :O

post #8901 of 19870

I've been wanting to get another Jukebox lately but all the iPod based ones apparently suck. frown.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justie View Post

How epic would it be if someone could use an actual CD/vinyl jukebox as their transport :O

post #8902 of 19870
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I believe I had the 307 or 308, I'm assuming they fixed it then with their latest batch of receivers...
im having an issue with my Vsx-920k right now where if I reboot my PC hooked up to it, it will change black to green and white to pink...
thanks for the site as well.
Yea you won't have that problem with the model I have. Listening to mine right now with my DT990s....

On the subject, here is an interesting thread on their high end line. This doesn't have HDMI and home stereo type functions but has novel things called "knobs" on the front and "audiophile grade" capacitors and components inside. Dacs are top tier. Won't be good with your ps3 but will be a hell of a headphone/stereo desk setup.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621917/onkyo-a-5vl-a-game-changer
post #8903 of 19870
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I've been wanting to get another Jukebox lately but all the iPod based ones apparently suck. frown.gif

 

 

yeah, its not exactly easy to find something that looks like this, uses CD/vinyl but still has a decent dac or even better, digital out

post #8904 of 19870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrider469 View Post

Here's an update on my setup. Got myself a new desk along with a new monitor and keyboard. I can actually sit up straight at my desk now!

 

Last one here just shows some of the lighting I have going on. The picture makes it look harsh but it's very soothing in person.

Aren't you worried about over stretching your headphones like that? blink.gif

post #8905 of 19870
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyl addict View Post

My secondary analogue system

 

 

 

 

 

47 laboratory, nice!  They make a great DAC as well.

post #8906 of 19870
Quote:
Originally Posted by feigeibomber View Post

Aren't you worried about over stretching your headphones like that? blink.gif

Originally yes, but the clamp force was high so I decided to stretch them out a bit. They still clamp just fine with having them stretched out as such. I don't see it as any different than having the headphones on all the time. The Ultrasone bands are also pretty flexible and durable so if I really needed to, I could increase the clamping force if they were to ever get too stretch out wink.gif

post #8907 of 19870

Wasn't sure what that stuff was and now that you've answered my question...their entire line seems fairly reasonable. Wonder where I can hear some...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinharding View Post

 

47 laboratory, nice!  They make a great DAC as well.

post #8908 of 19870

I Am planning to get a Headphone stand Either audio technica Glastand (will Denon D5000 be too heavy for them?)  or something else maybe from Zoppapro

For now my only solution is this  (as i dont want to harm my Alienware screen by hanging them on it)

 

The ideal solution would be a round swing stand that could take 3 headphones but need somewhere to buy one

 


Edited by Thoth - 10/5/12 at 6:58am
post #8909 of 19870

Well Atleast i am not going to buy a Zoppa headphone stand

I called their number they said they didnt understand and just hang up on me 2 time

and their website is down

post #8910 of 19870
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Wasn't sure what that stuff was and now that you've answered my question...their entire line seems fairly reasonable. Wonder where I can hear some...

 

The PiTracer CD Transport is $32,500

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...