- 780 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 593post #8881 of 1972210/4/12 at 12:27pmHere's the system I set up in my bedroom last night (Denon DVD-2200 --> Bottlehead S.E.X. --> AKG Q701):
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8882 of 1972210/4/12 at 12:37pmQuote:
That's a sexy rig right there ;)post #8883 of 1972210/4/12 at 12:52pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt-m6C5-T0M What the video doesn't show, is that it's crucial that you have no slack at the loop by the jack. Braid it all the way until the loop is just as tight as the rest of the braid.post #8884 of 1972210/4/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
This is not the right thread to discuss this but I really do care about customer service so let me just end it with this:
I ordered a new E17 from Micca Distributors through Amazon. They sent me a used unit with every item in the package out of order and all the stickers been peeled off. When I told them about it, they said it is impossible :) Impossible? So they asked me to send it back to investigate the matter. So I asked them if they'll send me another unit while this "investigation' is going on. They said no :) And if you read the emails, I have never seen more rude customer service than this. And then the left channel goes dead. No sound at all. Thanks to Amazon guarantee service, they forced them to take the unit back. They did but they refunded some of my money and not all of it. They're basically treating it as though I tried it, didn't like it and returned it. So I am really pissed off and lost at least $35 just by ordering it from them. I'll avoid them like the plague next time.post #8885 of 1972210/4/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
I like the Bottlehead. How does it compare to the CSP2+?post #8886 of 1972210/4/12 at 1:37pmpost #8887 of 1972210/4/12 at 1:37pmQuote:Looks great!
Edited by William007 - 10/4/12 at 1:40pmpost #8888 of 1972210/4/12 at 2:24pmpost #8889 of 1972210/4/12 at 3:34pm
Well, it's definitely a better match for the Q701 than the CSP2+. The Decware really didn't seem to like the low-impedance load and was rather grainy and broke up easily. The Bottlehead handles the load much better and sounds pretty good. Here's a breakdown:
The CSP2+ is way better with the HD650 than it is with the Q701.
The S.E.X. drive both, but I prefer it with the Q701.
Out of the possible combinations of the CSP2+, S.E.X., Q701, and HD650, I like the HD650/CSP2+ combo the best. Not too far off is the Q701/S.E.X. combo.
Now, I've also got a Decware Taboo on the way that could just throw everything off.post #8890 of 1972210/4/12 at 4:04pmQuote:
Nice....makes me miss my Denon 2900 universal player! I loved that thing.post #8891 of 1972210/4/12 at 4:17pmQuote:
I know I've usually been able to find the 3910 for $150-$250 on eBay. The 2200 can be had for ~$100.post #8892 of 1972210/4/12 at 4:43pmQuote:
I still have my 2900 sitting in my closet...the repair estimate I got for it a few years ago was like $100 or so. Probably not worth getting it serviced, but it was a fantastic player when I bought it new in 2002.post #8893 of 1972210/4/12 at 5:50pm
Here's an update on my setup. Got myself a new desk along with a new monitor and keyboard. I can actually sit up straight at my desk now!
Last one here just shows some of the lighting I have going on. The picture makes it look harsh but it's very soothing in person.post #8894 of 1972210/4/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
Who cares about the desk, keyboard and monitor....... I got my eye on that Lava lamp!. Nice!post #8895 of 1972210/4/12 at 6:25pmQuote:
Haha thanks! That thing is from the early 90's I believe. Its been the only mood lighting that I've always kept and haven't even thought of getting rid of.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Music Game IX 22 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 25 seconds ago
- › Removing multiples 28 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 38 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2