- 780 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 593post #8881 of 1740410/4/12 at 12:27pmHere's the system I set up in my bedroom last night (Denon DVD-2200 --> Bottlehead S.E.X. --> AKG Q701):
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8882 of 1740410/4/12 at 12:37pmQuote:
That's a sexy rig right there ;)post #8883 of 1740410/4/12 at 12:52pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt-m6C5-T0M What the video doesn't show, is that it's crucial that you have no slack at the loop by the jack. Braid it all the way until the loop is just as tight as the rest of the braid.post #8884 of 1740410/4/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
This is not the right thread to discuss this but I really do care about customer service so let me just end it with this:
I ordered a new E17 from Micca Distributors through Amazon. They sent me a used unit with every item in the package out of order and all the stickers been peeled off. When I told them about it, they said it is impossible :) Impossible? So they asked me to send it back to investigate the matter. So I asked them if they'll send me another unit while this "investigation' is going on. They said no :) And if you read the emails, I have never seen more rude customer service than this. And then the left channel goes dead. No sound at all. Thanks to Amazon guarantee service, they forced them to take the unit back. They did but they refunded some of my money and not all of it. They're basically treating it as though I tried it, didn't like it and returned it. So I am really pissed off and lost at least $35 just by ordering it from them. I'll avoid them like the plague next time.post #8885 of 1740410/4/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
I like the Bottlehead. How does it compare to the CSP2+?post #8886 of 1740410/4/12 at 1:37pmpost #8887 of 1740410/4/12 at 1:37pmQuote:Looks great!
Edited by William007 - 10/4/12 at 1:40pmpost #8888 of 1740410/4/12 at 2:24pmpost #8889 of 1740410/4/12 at 3:34pm
Well, it's definitely a better match for the Q701 than the CSP2+. The Decware really didn't seem to like the low-impedance load and was rather grainy and broke up easily. The Bottlehead handles the load much better and sounds pretty good. Here's a breakdown:
The CSP2+ is way better with the HD650 than it is with the Q701.
The S.E.X. drive both, but I prefer it with the Q701.
Out of the possible combinations of the CSP2+, S.E.X., Q701, and HD650, I like the HD650/CSP2+ combo the best. Not too far off is the Q701/S.E.X. combo.
Now, I've also got a Decware Taboo on the way that could just throw everything off.post #8890 of 1740410/4/12 at 4:04pmQuote:
Nice....makes me miss my Denon 2900 universal player! I loved that thing.post #8891 of 1740410/4/12 at 4:17pmQuote:
I know I've usually been able to find the 3910 for $150-$250 on eBay. The 2200 can be had for ~$100.post #8892 of 1740410/4/12 at 4:43pmQuote:
I still have my 2900 sitting in my closet...the repair estimate I got for it a few years ago was like $100 or so. Probably not worth getting it serviced, but it was a fantastic player when I bought it new in 2002.post #8893 of 1740410/4/12 at 5:50pm
Here's an update on my setup. Got myself a new desk along with a new monitor and keyboard. I can actually sit up straight at my desk now!
Last one here just shows some of the lighting I have going on. The picture makes it look harsh but it's very soothing in person.post #8894 of 1740410/4/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
Who cares about the desk, keyboard and monitor....... I got my eye on that Lava lamp!. Nice!post #8895 of 1740410/4/12 at 6:25pmQuote:
Haha thanks! That thing is from the early 90's I believe. Its been the only mood lighting that I've always kept and haven't even thought of getting rid of.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Ipod Purchase Advice? 25 seconds ago
- › One sentence to describe your experience with a headphone!! 47 seconds ago
- › Etymotic HF5 (Cobalt)- BNIB! 1 minute ago
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude