- 780 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 593post #8881 of 1846110/4/12 at 12:27pmHere's the system I set up in my bedroom last night (Denon DVD-2200 --> Bottlehead S.E.X. --> AKG Q701):
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8882 of 1846110/4/12 at 12:37pmQuote:
That's a sexy rig right there ;)post #8883 of 1846110/4/12 at 12:52pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt-m6C5-T0M What the video doesn't show, is that it's crucial that you have no slack at the loop by the jack. Braid it all the way until the loop is just as tight as the rest of the braid.post #8884 of 1846110/4/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
This is not the right thread to discuss this but I really do care about customer service so let me just end it with this:
I ordered a new E17 from Micca Distributors through Amazon. They sent me a used unit with every item in the package out of order and all the stickers been peeled off. When I told them about it, they said it is impossible :) Impossible? So they asked me to send it back to investigate the matter. So I asked them if they'll send me another unit while this "investigation' is going on. They said no :) And if you read the emails, I have never seen more rude customer service than this. And then the left channel goes dead. No sound at all. Thanks to Amazon guarantee service, they forced them to take the unit back. They did but they refunded some of my money and not all of it. They're basically treating it as though I tried it, didn't like it and returned it. So I am really pissed off and lost at least $35 just by ordering it from them. I'll avoid them like the plague next time.post #8885 of 1846110/4/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
I like the Bottlehead. How does it compare to the CSP2+?post #8886 of 1846110/4/12 at 1:37pmpost #8887 of 1846110/4/12 at 1:37pmQuote:Looks great!
Edited by William007 - 10/4/12 at 1:40pmpost #8888 of 1846110/4/12 at 2:24pmpost #8889 of 1846110/4/12 at 3:34pm
Well, it's definitely a better match for the Q701 than the CSP2+. The Decware really didn't seem to like the low-impedance load and was rather grainy and broke up easily. The Bottlehead handles the load much better and sounds pretty good. Here's a breakdown:
The CSP2+ is way better with the HD650 than it is with the Q701.
The S.E.X. drive both, but I prefer it with the Q701.
Out of the possible combinations of the CSP2+, S.E.X., Q701, and HD650, I like the HD650/CSP2+ combo the best. Not too far off is the Q701/S.E.X. combo.
Now, I've also got a Decware Taboo on the way that could just throw everything off.post #8890 of 1846110/4/12 at 4:04pmQuote:
Nice....makes me miss my Denon 2900 universal player! I loved that thing.post #8891 of 1846110/4/12 at 4:17pmQuote:
I know I've usually been able to find the 3910 for $150-$250 on eBay. The 2200 can be had for ~$100.post #8892 of 1846110/4/12 at 4:43pmQuote:
I still have my 2900 sitting in my closet...the repair estimate I got for it a few years ago was like $100 or so. Probably not worth getting it serviced, but it was a fantastic player when I bought it new in 2002.post #8893 of 1846110/4/12 at 5:50pm
Here's an update on my setup. Got myself a new desk along with a new monitor and keyboard. I can actually sit up straight at my desk now!
Last one here just shows some of the lighting I have going on. The picture makes it look harsh but it's very soothing in person.post #8894 of 1846110/4/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
Who cares about the desk, keyboard and monitor....... I got my eye on that Lava lamp!. Nice!post #8895 of 1846110/4/12 at 6:25pmQuote:
Haha thanks! That thing is from the early 90's I believe. Its been the only mood lighting that I've always kept and haven't even thought of getting rid of.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 16 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 45 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 49 seconds ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 1 minute ago
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Who will review the Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)