Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 590

post #8836 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile03 View Post

Here is the bedside setup. I have a DAC for iphone audio and I have my turntable below for my vinyl. I am really loving the passive preamp my good friend made for me. The sound is superb!

Beautiful!!

post #8837 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxvc View Post

New toy!  K1000s.

 

700

 

700

 

 

700

 

700

Wow!  Amazing set up you have there!

post #8838 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan View Post

Not really my station but..I just finished my open back JVC HA-RX 700 today, the final mod was to put a new more sturdy 6,3mm plug..Can´t do much more to improve sound on these. It was a fun can to play arround with! :)

 

I haven't been keeping track of all the HARX mods that've been going on recently. How do your creations sound?

post #8839 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

That's a pretty set up there, Rawdawg. Still really want to hear the 2 Signature cans (Pro and DJ)
Wasn't a big fan of the sig pros at first but I let them break in a little an did some tube rolling. Now they're unbelievable. They really open up your system and expose all the source weaknesses.
I also hear great things about the sig dj's
post #8840 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

RawDawg3234 lookin really good!. I always love the Woo Candy! What Wadia are you using?
I'm using the wadia 171. I'd give my impressions of it but I don't have anything to compare it to. I will say that the remote only needs 3 buttons. The rest are useless .
post #8841 of 19868

Does the 171 have a DAC as part of its capabilities?

post #8842 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Does the 171 have a DAC as part of its capabilities?
No. It bipasses the 6 cent DAC in the iPod and produces a cd quality digital signal.
Wadia has a DAC called the 121 decoding computer.
Edited by Rawdawg3234 - 10/1/12 at 6:07pm
post #8843 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post

No. It bipasses the 6 cent DAC in the iPod and produces a cd quality digital signal.
Wadia has a DAC called the 121 decoding computer.

Nice, direct access to the files. Sweet system RD!

post #8844 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Nice, direct access to the files. Sweet system RD!
Thanks man. There are definitely some weaknesses to the 171 but once I get my setup how I want it there won't be any issues.
What source are you using?
post #8845 of 19868

I don't really have a "station" at this time, but I usually listen to headphones in bed or in close proximity.

All my stuff:

 

post #8846 of 19868

Ultrasones are notorious for needing a large amount of burn in so I kind of get that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post


Wasn't a big fan of the sig pros at first but I let them break in a little an did some tube rolling. Now they're unbelievable. They really open up your system and expose all the source weaknesses.
I also hear great things about the sig dj's
post #8847 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandarae View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxvc View Post

New toy!  K1000s.

 

Wow!  Amazing set up you have there!

 

 

X2, and congrats on the KKs. What do you think of them, and did you get an early number or later?

 

Also where is your HE6, on your head?

post #8848 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I don't really have a "station" at this time, but I usually listen to headphones in bed or in close proximity.
All my stuff:

Looks great!
post #8849 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandarae View Post

Wow!  Amazing set up you have there!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

 

X2, and congrats on the KKs. What do you think of them, and did you get an early number or later?

 

Also where is your HE6, on your head?

 

That's a really old pic, but thanks guys.  Actually it's only a few months old, but in audio gear years we're looking at...at least 4+ years.

 

Liked the K1Ks but the F3 didn't have enough push for them.  Seemed like they needed a nice pre- running to high wattage solid state amp (exactly as you have done Gro).  Just wasn't willing to invest that much time and energy into them.  The LCD-2s have departed as well.

post #8850 of 19868
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I haven't been keeping track of all the HARX mods that've been going on recently. How do your creations sound?

Soundstage is vastly improved, the bass is tight and airy..Open them up improves the sound quite a bit..Great separation of instruments and a light detailed sound. Similair to the k701 but not as refined is the way i would put it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...