Nothing modest about the HE-400, I would say they are %70 the headphone the HE-500 are but can be run off of a phone to a respectable volume and have a nice airy timber to them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 588post #8806 of 212319/29/12 at 10:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8807 of 212319/29/12 at 11:56pmpost #8808 of 212319/30/12 at 12:55ampost #8809 of 212319/30/12 at 4:16amQuote:Originally Posted by devhen
To be fair, I don't think this is a valid comparison. Onboard sound cards are *extremely* underpowered. Anything with a built-in amplifier will absolutely be a night and day difference. Run an amp off of your onboard sound card and you'll probably find a much smaller difference between it and the Xonar.
The difference was just as marked between the Xonar and my Creative Fatality card with front panel and all the bells and whistles.
It is simply a quality card. The DACs in it are great and it does everything I want.
All I can tell you is what I hear. :)
I would show you my rig but that would just be a pic of my machine. lol
Thank you to all of you for posting such wonderful pictures. Makes my day!
Edited by LordShad0w - 9/30/12 at 4:24ampost #8810 of 212319/30/12 at 4:24ampost #8811 of 212319/30/12 at 6:29ampost #8812 of 212319/30/12 at 6:54ampost #8813 of 212319/30/12 at 7:14amQuote:
It is very comfy, Thanks.
Everything worked but the bulbs were out. Face is about perfect and only a few dings on the body. I replaced the bulbs and cleaned the pots, now it looks and sounds great!post #8814 of 212319/30/12 at 11:24ampost #8815 of 212319/30/12 at 12:28pm
I'm new to this site but I've been lurking for quite some time now and figured it's time for me to join up. So, as an introduction, here is my current not-so-high-end audio set up:
Stereo Amp: Nakamichi TA-3
EQ: Pioneer SG-9500
CD: Nakamichi CDPlayer2
Cassette: Harmon/Kardon CD191
Phono: Technics SL-1300MK2
Mixer: Tascam M-164UF
Speakers: Yamaha NX-GX500; Logitech Z130
Headphones: AKG K702; Grado SR-60i
Headphone Amp: JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03; JDS Labs O2
Laptop: Macbook Pro 13" Mid-2009 2.26GHz
Laptop Cooler: Cooler Master Notepal U2
External HDD: WD 160GBpost #8816 of 212319/30/12 at 1:26pmpost #8817 of 212319/30/12 at 2:27pmpost #8818 of 212319/30/12 at 2:47pm
A little rearrangements in my home rig placement: removed the shelf from table and put WES on it's place (also sell April Stello CDT100 today, because I won't be able to use it with Akurate)... now I think it all looks more harmoniouslypost #8819 of 212319/30/12 at 2:53pmpost #8820 of 212319/30/12 at 3:03pmQuote:
I think that I'm still not finished with my system progress ... but have to pay my debt for purchasing WES and Akurate first .
Next I plan to do something about power... I'm thinking of buying something like Power Plant P3/P5 or Dussun X800/1200/1600 in the middle-end of next year
Edited by DragonOwen - 9/30/12 at 3:05pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 23 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP-100 "Tru-Fi Speakers Mod" from packdemon -... 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...