Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 588post #8806 of 183989/29/12 at 9:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8807 of 183989/29/12 at 10:07pmpost #8808 of 183989/29/12 at 10:40pm
Nothing modest about the HE-400, I would say they are %70 the headphone the HE-500 are but can be run off of a phone to a respectable volume and have a nice airy timber to them.post #8809 of 183989/29/12 at 11:56pmpost #8810 of 183989/30/12 at 12:55ampost #8811 of 183989/30/12 at 4:16amQuote:Originally Posted by devhen
To be fair, I don't think this is a valid comparison. Onboard sound cards are *extremely* underpowered. Anything with a built-in amplifier will absolutely be a night and day difference. Run an amp off of your onboard sound card and you'll probably find a much smaller difference between it and the Xonar.
The difference was just as marked between the Xonar and my Creative Fatality card with front panel and all the bells and whistles.
It is simply a quality card. The DACs in it are great and it does everything I want.
All I can tell you is what I hear. :)
I would show you my rig but that would just be a pic of my machine. lol
Thank you to all of you for posting such wonderful pictures. Makes my day!
Edited by LordShad0w - 9/30/12 at 4:24ampost #8812 of 183989/30/12 at 4:24ampost #8813 of 183989/30/12 at 6:29ampost #8814 of 183989/30/12 at 6:54ampost #8815 of 183989/30/12 at 7:14amQuote:
It is very comfy, Thanks.
Everything worked but the bulbs were out. Face is about perfect and only a few dings on the body. I replaced the bulbs and cleaned the pots, now it looks and sounds great!post #8816 of 183989/30/12 at 11:24ampost #8817 of 183989/30/12 at 12:28pm
I'm new to this site but I've been lurking for quite some time now and figured it's time for me to join up. So, as an introduction, here is my current not-so-high-end audio set up:
Stereo Amp: Nakamichi TA-3
EQ: Pioneer SG-9500
CD: Nakamichi CDPlayer2
Cassette: Harmon/Kardon CD191
Phono: Technics SL-1300MK2
Mixer: Tascam M-164UF
Speakers: Yamaha NX-GX500; Logitech Z130
Headphones: AKG K702; Grado SR-60i
Headphone Amp: JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03; JDS Labs O2
Laptop: Macbook Pro 13" Mid-2009 2.26GHz
Laptop Cooler: Cooler Master Notepal U2
External HDD: WD 160GBpost #8818 of 183989/30/12 at 1:26pmpost #8819 of 183989/30/12 at 2:27pmpost #8820 of 183989/30/12 at 2:47pm
A little rearrangements in my home rig placement: removed the shelf from table and put WES on it's place (also sell April Stello CDT100 today, because I won't be able to use it with Akurate)... now I think it all looks more harmoniously
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 7 minutes ago
- › What IEM does $550 get me? 9 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 11 minutes ago
- › Distortion of Sound Documentary 11 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 14 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 15 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 18 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)