Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 588post #8806 of 191749/29/12 at 9:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8807 of 191749/29/12 at 10:07pmpost #8808 of 191749/29/12 at 10:40pm
Nothing modest about the HE-400, I would say they are %70 the headphone the HE-500 are but can be run off of a phone to a respectable volume and have a nice airy timber to them.post #8809 of 191749/29/12 at 11:56pmpost #8810 of 191749/30/12 at 12:55ampost #8811 of 191749/30/12 at 4:16amQuote:Originally Posted by devhen
To be fair, I don't think this is a valid comparison. Onboard sound cards are *extremely* underpowered. Anything with a built-in amplifier will absolutely be a night and day difference. Run an amp off of your onboard sound card and you'll probably find a much smaller difference between it and the Xonar.
The difference was just as marked between the Xonar and my Creative Fatality card with front panel and all the bells and whistles.
It is simply a quality card. The DACs in it are great and it does everything I want.
All I can tell you is what I hear. :)
I would show you my rig but that would just be a pic of my machine. lol
Thank you to all of you for posting such wonderful pictures. Makes my day!
Edited by LordShad0w - 9/30/12 at 4:24ampost #8812 of 191749/30/12 at 4:24ampost #8813 of 191749/30/12 at 6:29ampost #8814 of 191749/30/12 at 6:54ampost #8815 of 191749/30/12 at 7:14amQuote:
It is very comfy, Thanks.
Everything worked but the bulbs were out. Face is about perfect and only a few dings on the body. I replaced the bulbs and cleaned the pots, now it looks and sounds great!post #8816 of 191749/30/12 at 11:24ampost #8817 of 191749/30/12 at 12:28pm
I'm new to this site but I've been lurking for quite some time now and figured it's time for me to join up. So, as an introduction, here is my current not-so-high-end audio set up:
Stereo Amp: Nakamichi TA-3
EQ: Pioneer SG-9500
CD: Nakamichi CDPlayer2
Cassette: Harmon/Kardon CD191
Phono: Technics SL-1300MK2
Mixer: Tascam M-164UF
Speakers: Yamaha NX-GX500; Logitech Z130
Headphones: AKG K702; Grado SR-60i
Headphone Amp: JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03; JDS Labs O2
Laptop: Macbook Pro 13" Mid-2009 2.26GHz
Laptop Cooler: Cooler Master Notepal U2
External HDD: WD 160GBpost #8818 of 191749/30/12 at 1:26pmpost #8819 of 191749/30/12 at 2:27pmpost #8820 of 191749/30/12 at 2:47pm
A little rearrangements in my home rig placement: removed the shelf from table and put WES on it's place (also sell April Stello CDT100 today, because I won't be able to use it with Akurate)... now I think it all looks more harmoniously
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › SONY SCD C222ES 5 Disc SACD CD Changer. Can play Two channels and... 16 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 56 seconds ago
- › etymotic er4 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for Brainwavz M2 replacement! 3 minutes ago
- › Case for the Sony MDR V6 headphone ? 4 minutes ago
- › Portable closed headphone with great bass and no amp required 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)