Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 8/23/11 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 3/28/11 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 3/24/13 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 2/6/13 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Edited on 8/18/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 588post #8806 of 136069/29/12 at 9:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8807 of 136069/29/12 at 10:07pmpost #8808 of 136069/29/12 at 10:40pm
Nothing modest about the HE-400, I would say they are %70 the headphone the HE-500 are but can be run off of a phone to a respectable volume and have a nice airy timber to them.post #8809 of 136069/29/12 at 11:56pmpost #8810 of 136069/30/12 at 12:55ampost #8811 of 136069/30/12 at 4:16amQuote:Originally Posted by devhen
To be fair, I don't think this is a valid comparison. Onboard sound cards are *extremely* underpowered. Anything with a built-in amplifier will absolutely be a night and day difference. Run an amp off of your onboard sound card and you'll probably find a much smaller difference between it and the Xonar.
The difference was just as marked between the Xonar and my Creative Fatality card with front panel and all the bells and whistles.
It is simply a quality card. The DACs in it are great and it does everything I want.
All I can tell you is what I hear. :)
I would show you my rig but that would just be a pic of my machine. lol
Thank you to all of you for posting such wonderful pictures. Makes my day!
Edited by LordShad0w - 9/30/12 at 4:24ampost #8812 of 136069/30/12 at 4:24ampost #8813 of 136069/30/12 at 6:29ampost #8814 of 136069/30/12 at 6:54ampost #8815 of 136069/30/12 at 7:14amQuote:
It is very comfy, Thanks.
Everything worked but the bulbs were out. Face is about perfect and only a few dings on the body. I replaced the bulbs and cleaned the pots, now it looks and sounds great!post #8816 of 136069/30/12 at 11:24ampost #8817 of 136069/30/12 at 12:28pm
I'm new to this site but I've been lurking for quite some time now and figured it's time for me to join up. So, as an introduction, here is my current not-so-high-end audio set up:
Stereo Amp: Nakamichi TA-3
EQ: Pioneer SG-9500
CD: Nakamichi CDPlayer2
Cassette: Harmon/Kardon CD191
Phono: Technics SL-1300MK2
Mixer: Tascam M-164UF
Speakers: Yamaha NX-GX500; Logitech Z130
Headphones: AKG K702; Grado SR-60i
Headphone Amp: JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03; JDS Labs O2
Laptop: Macbook Pro 13" Mid-2009 2.26GHz
Laptop Cooler: Cooler Master Notepal U2
External HDD: WD 160GBpost #8818 of 136069/30/12 at 1:26pmpost #8819 of 136069/30/12 at 2:27pmpost #8820 of 136069/30/12 at 2:47pm
A little rearrangements in my home rig placement: removed the shelf from table and put WES on it's place (also sell April Stello CDT100 today, because I won't be able to use it with Akurate)... now I think it all looks more harmoniously
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › worst date stories 46 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 56 seconds ago
- › Audio Confusion 57 seconds ago
- › Good online shop for cables in the US or retail in Manhattan? 1 minute ago
- › Where does the Headamp GS-1 Stand now? 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon! 3 minutes ago
- › Axel Grell Interview - Sennheiser High End - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Htc One 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe