Nothing modest about the HE-400, I would say they are %70 the headphone the HE-500 are but can be run off of a phone to a respectable volume and have a nice airy timber to them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Final Audio Design (FAD) Heaven VII was sent to me by Final UK as a part of the European review tour. I’d like to give them a big THANK YOU for including me on the tour and giving me a chance...
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 588post #8806 of 201789/29/12 at 10:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8807 of 201789/29/12 at 11:56pmpost #8808 of 201789/30/12 at 12:55ampost #8809 of 201789/30/12 at 4:16amQuote:Originally Posted by devhen
To be fair, I don't think this is a valid comparison. Onboard sound cards are *extremely* underpowered. Anything with a built-in amplifier will absolutely be a night and day difference. Run an amp off of your onboard sound card and you'll probably find a much smaller difference between it and the Xonar.
The difference was just as marked between the Xonar and my Creative Fatality card with front panel and all the bells and whistles.
It is simply a quality card. The DACs in it are great and it does everything I want.
All I can tell you is what I hear. :)
I would show you my rig but that would just be a pic of my machine. lol
Thank you to all of you for posting such wonderful pictures. Makes my day!
Edited by LordShad0w - 9/30/12 at 4:24ampost #8810 of 201789/30/12 at 4:24ampost #8811 of 201789/30/12 at 6:29ampost #8812 of 201789/30/12 at 6:54ampost #8813 of 201789/30/12 at 7:14amQuote:
It is very comfy, Thanks.
Everything worked but the bulbs were out. Face is about perfect and only a few dings on the body. I replaced the bulbs and cleaned the pots, now it looks and sounds great!post #8814 of 201789/30/12 at 11:24ampost #8815 of 201789/30/12 at 12:28pm
I'm new to this site but I've been lurking for quite some time now and figured it's time for me to join up. So, as an introduction, here is my current not-so-high-end audio set up:
Stereo Amp: Nakamichi TA-3
EQ: Pioneer SG-9500
CD: Nakamichi CDPlayer2
Cassette: Harmon/Kardon CD191
Phono: Technics SL-1300MK2
Mixer: Tascam M-164UF
Speakers: Yamaha NX-GX500; Logitech Z130
Headphones: AKG K702; Grado SR-60i
Headphone Amp: JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03; JDS Labs O2
Laptop: Macbook Pro 13" Mid-2009 2.26GHz
Laptop Cooler: Cooler Master Notepal U2
External HDD: WD 160GBpost #8816 of 201789/30/12 at 1:26pmpost #8817 of 201789/30/12 at 2:27pmpost #8818 of 201789/30/12 at 2:47pm
A little rearrangements in my home rig placement: removed the shelf from table and put WES on it's place (also sell April Stello CDT100 today, because I won't be able to use it with Akurate)... now I think it all looks more harmoniouslypost #8819 of 201789/30/12 at 2:53pmpost #8820 of 201789/30/12 at 3:03pmQuote:
I think that I'm still not finished with my system progress ... but have to pay my debt for purchasing WES and Akurate first .
Next I plan to do something about power... I'm thinking of buying something like Power Plant P3/P5 or Dussun X800/1200/1600 in the middle-end of next year
Edited by DragonOwen - 9/30/12 at 3:05pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 34 seconds ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › WTH? no posting option in the other forums? 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3