haha he speaks the truth
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 587
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8792 of 186259/29/12 at 4:01pm
I love the Lehmann head-amps, they have such a super-sweet treble, never bright, never harsh. I had the Lehmann Rhinelander before it (actually still have it here in its box - must sell) and they're very similar sounding. I wanted the BCL because of its linear/integral PSU and the fact I could upgrade the mains cable at a later date. I suppose it would be fair to say that the BCL has slightly more authority and a more 'full bodied' sound than its cheaper brother but I wouldn't be unhappy if I still only had the Rhinelander.
I've swapped to the M-Dac from the Arcam rDAC because I've heard nothing but good things about it and it looks better ;) I've been listening to it for the past few days and fettling with the filters and FW versions (they do sound different). The designer, John Westlake is supporting it outside of Audiolab along with programmer Dominik and has been releasing updated FW for it but because of memory limitations within the internal processors, he's had to shunt processes around which has altered it's sonic sig. slightly. Some people prefer the original 'shipping' FW sq whereas others prefer the more clinical sound in the latest FW versions. There's TONS of information about all this on www.pinkfishmedia.net where John and Dom are quite prolific forum members. To summarise, I've (currently) settled on FW version A0.8 with the Optimal Transient XD filter and 'Phase Select' set to Reverse (180deg).
The HD700 I managed to get quite cheaply and so couldn't really say no. They are great and I'm delighted with them - super comfortable. A great step up from the 558's I was using.
Using a standard USB cable from my iMac (iTunes running on SSD) with Mark Grant G1000HD interconnect between DAC and amp. Currently got a NAIM PowerLine fitted to the Lehmann which is kindly on loan from a very nice customer of mine :) Thanks Chai. This will need to go back soon and not sure if I've heard or appreciated a difference over standard lead TBH...
Think that should cover everything :)
PS: Don't tell the wife how much these things cost.... I lie well ;)post #8793 of 186259/29/12 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sab666
Recently I built a dedicated music player which is totally fanless and silent. Running Win 7 64bit, 8Gb RAM, 250 GB SSD. More info HERE
very nice. I love the lcd3s especially with the norse cable. I think those will be my next investment. How's the bass response?post #8794 of 186259/29/12 at 4:27pmpost #8795 of 186259/29/12 at 4:29pmpost #8796 of 186259/29/12 at 4:33pmpost #8797 of 186259/29/12 at 5:51pmpost #8798 of 186259/29/12 at 5:52pmpost #8799 of 186259/29/12 at 6:24pmpost #8800 of 186259/29/12 at 7:20pmThe low end and mid is what makes the LCD-3s so damn great. But you need an amp with a bit of muscle to get sharp and accurate bass and the Audio-gd packs 6W into 50ohms so there no problems driving these to full potential. I got the Norse cable primarily for the 4-pin XLR output.post #8801 of 186259/29/12 at 7:21pmQuote:
"overly simplistic metal cabinets" to paraphrase an earlier post xD? (haha JK, i posted on of them).
Kojakupost #8802 of 186259/29/12 at 7:32pmQuote:
nice rig and nendroids.post #8803 of 186259/29/12 at 7:38pmQuote:
Thanks! It sounds great, the amp is a great pairing with the 940's. I find that the 940's need a little more oomph in the low end, and the bass boost on the amp is perfect for the job. Just gives it a little more body without really changing anything else. Oh, and it sounds awesome with the 4.ai's as well. :)post #8804 of 186259/29/12 at 7:55pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review just now
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 17 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Civilian 6n2+fu32 tube headphone amp 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 52 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 53 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Closed Headphones that Sound like HD650? 3 minutes ago
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)