haha he speaks the truth
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There's not much that haven't been already said about this great universal IEM so I'm not going to repeat them. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 587
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8792 of 186699/29/12 at 4:01pm
I love the Lehmann head-amps, they have such a super-sweet treble, never bright, never harsh. I had the Lehmann Rhinelander before it (actually still have it here in its box - must sell) and they're very similar sounding. I wanted the BCL because of its linear/integral PSU and the fact I could upgrade the mains cable at a later date. I suppose it would be fair to say that the BCL has slightly more authority and a more 'full bodied' sound than its cheaper brother but I wouldn't be unhappy if I still only had the Rhinelander.
I've swapped to the M-Dac from the Arcam rDAC because I've heard nothing but good things about it and it looks better ;) I've been listening to it for the past few days and fettling with the filters and FW versions (they do sound different). The designer, John Westlake is supporting it outside of Audiolab along with programmer Dominik and has been releasing updated FW for it but because of memory limitations within the internal processors, he's had to shunt processes around which has altered it's sonic sig. slightly. Some people prefer the original 'shipping' FW sq whereas others prefer the more clinical sound in the latest FW versions. There's TONS of information about all this on www.pinkfishmedia.net where John and Dom are quite prolific forum members. To summarise, I've (currently) settled on FW version A0.8 with the Optimal Transient XD filter and 'Phase Select' set to Reverse (180deg).
The HD700 I managed to get quite cheaply and so couldn't really say no. They are great and I'm delighted with them - super comfortable. A great step up from the 558's I was using.
Using a standard USB cable from my iMac (iTunes running on SSD) with Mark Grant G1000HD interconnect between DAC and amp. Currently got a NAIM PowerLine fitted to the Lehmann which is kindly on loan from a very nice customer of mine :) Thanks Chai. This will need to go back soon and not sure if I've heard or appreciated a difference over standard lead TBH...
Think that should cover everything :)
PS: Don't tell the wife how much these things cost.... I lie well ;)post #8793 of 186699/29/12 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sab666
Recently I built a dedicated music player which is totally fanless and silent. Running Win 7 64bit, 8Gb RAM, 250 GB SSD. More info HERE
very nice. I love the lcd3s especially with the norse cable. I think those will be my next investment. How's the bass response?post #8794 of 186699/29/12 at 4:27pmpost #8795 of 186699/29/12 at 4:29pmpost #8796 of 186699/29/12 at 4:33pmpost #8797 of 186699/29/12 at 5:51pmpost #8798 of 186699/29/12 at 5:52pmpost #8799 of 186699/29/12 at 6:24pmpost #8800 of 186699/29/12 at 7:20pmThe low end and mid is what makes the LCD-3s so damn great. But you need an amp with a bit of muscle to get sharp and accurate bass and the Audio-gd packs 6W into 50ohms so there no problems driving these to full potential. I got the Norse cable primarily for the 4-pin XLR output.post #8801 of 186699/29/12 at 7:21pmQuote:
"overly simplistic metal cabinets" to paraphrase an earlier post xD? (haha JK, i posted on of them).
Kojakupost #8802 of 186699/29/12 at 7:32pmQuote:
nice rig and nendroids.post #8803 of 186699/29/12 at 7:38pmQuote:
Thanks! It sounds great, the amp is a great pairing with the 940's. I find that the 940's need a little more oomph in the low end, and the bass boost on the amp is perfect for the job. Just gives it a little more body without really changing anything else. Oh, and it sounds awesome with the 4.ai's as well. :)post #8804 of 186699/29/12 at 7:55pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 41 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › WANTED - Parrot Zik (swap for my Senn HD650's) 5 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Damping Factor 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)