haha he speaks the truth
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 8/23/11 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 3/28/11 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 3/24/13 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 2/6/13 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Edited on 8/18/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 587
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8792 of 136019/29/12 at 4:01pm
I love the Lehmann head-amps, they have such a super-sweet treble, never bright, never harsh. I had the Lehmann Rhinelander before it (actually still have it here in its box - must sell) and they're very similar sounding. I wanted the BCL because of its linear/integral PSU and the fact I could upgrade the mains cable at a later date. I suppose it would be fair to say that the BCL has slightly more authority and a more 'full bodied' sound than its cheaper brother but I wouldn't be unhappy if I still only had the Rhinelander.
I've swapped to the M-Dac from the Arcam rDAC because I've heard nothing but good things about it and it looks better ;) I've been listening to it for the past few days and fettling with the filters and FW versions (they do sound different). The designer, John Westlake is supporting it outside of Audiolab along with programmer Dominik and has been releasing updated FW for it but because of memory limitations within the internal processors, he's had to shunt processes around which has altered it's sonic sig. slightly. Some people prefer the original 'shipping' FW sq whereas others prefer the more clinical sound in the latest FW versions. There's TONS of information about all this on www.pinkfishmedia.net where John and Dom are quite prolific forum members. To summarise, I've (currently) settled on FW version A0.8 with the Optimal Transient XD filter and 'Phase Select' set to Reverse (180deg).
The HD700 I managed to get quite cheaply and so couldn't really say no. They are great and I'm delighted with them - super comfortable. A great step up from the 558's I was using.
Using a standard USB cable from my iMac (iTunes running on SSD) with Mark Grant G1000HD interconnect between DAC and amp. Currently got a NAIM PowerLine fitted to the Lehmann which is kindly on loan from a very nice customer of mine :) Thanks Chai. This will need to go back soon and not sure if I've heard or appreciated a difference over standard lead TBH...
Think that should cover everything :)
PS: Don't tell the wife how much these things cost.... I lie well ;)post #8793 of 136019/29/12 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sab666
Recently I built a dedicated music player which is totally fanless and silent. Running Win 7 64bit, 8Gb RAM, 250 GB SSD. More info HERE
very nice. I love the lcd3s especially with the norse cable. I think those will be my next investment. How's the bass response?post #8794 of 136019/29/12 at 4:27pmpost #8795 of 136019/29/12 at 4:29pmpost #8796 of 136019/29/12 at 4:33pmpost #8797 of 136019/29/12 at 5:51pmpost #8798 of 136019/29/12 at 5:52pmpost #8799 of 136019/29/12 at 6:24pmpost #8800 of 136019/29/12 at 7:20pmThe low end and mid is what makes the LCD-3s so damn great. But you need an amp with a bit of muscle to get sharp and accurate bass and the Audio-gd packs 6W into 50ohms so there no problems driving these to full potential. I got the Norse cable primarily for the 4-pin XLR output.post #8801 of 136019/29/12 at 7:21pmQuote:
"overly simplistic metal cabinets" to paraphrase an earlier post xD? (haha JK, i posted on of them).
Kojakupost #8802 of 136019/29/12 at 7:32pmQuote:
nice rig and nendroids.post #8803 of 136019/29/12 at 7:38pmQuote:
Thanks! It sounds great, the amp is a great pairing with the 940's. I find that the 940's need a little more oomph in the low end, and the bass boost on the amp is perfect for the job. Just gives it a little more body without really changing anything else. Oh, and it sounds awesome with the 4.ai's as well. :)post #8804 of 136019/29/12 at 7:55pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 12 seconds ago
- › Need an advice on buying good earbuds! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD420 "vintage" headphones - what now? 5 minutes ago
- › pick me a new source (accuphase?) 5 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade from AKG K702 5 minutes ago
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe