haha he speaks the truth
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 587
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8792 of 174019/29/12 at 4:01pm
I love the Lehmann head-amps, they have such a super-sweet treble, never bright, never harsh. I had the Lehmann Rhinelander before it (actually still have it here in its box - must sell) and they're very similar sounding. I wanted the BCL because of its linear/integral PSU and the fact I could upgrade the mains cable at a later date. I suppose it would be fair to say that the BCL has slightly more authority and a more 'full bodied' sound than its cheaper brother but I wouldn't be unhappy if I still only had the Rhinelander.
I've swapped to the M-Dac from the Arcam rDAC because I've heard nothing but good things about it and it looks better ;) I've been listening to it for the past few days and fettling with the filters and FW versions (they do sound different). The designer, John Westlake is supporting it outside of Audiolab along with programmer Dominik and has been releasing updated FW for it but because of memory limitations within the internal processors, he's had to shunt processes around which has altered it's sonic sig. slightly. Some people prefer the original 'shipping' FW sq whereas others prefer the more clinical sound in the latest FW versions. There's TONS of information about all this on www.pinkfishmedia.net where John and Dom are quite prolific forum members. To summarise, I've (currently) settled on FW version A0.8 with the Optimal Transient XD filter and 'Phase Select' set to Reverse (180deg).
The HD700 I managed to get quite cheaply and so couldn't really say no. They are great and I'm delighted with them - super comfortable. A great step up from the 558's I was using.
Using a standard USB cable from my iMac (iTunes running on SSD) with Mark Grant G1000HD interconnect between DAC and amp. Currently got a NAIM PowerLine fitted to the Lehmann which is kindly on loan from a very nice customer of mine :) Thanks Chai. This will need to go back soon and not sure if I've heard or appreciated a difference over standard lead TBH...
Think that should cover everything :)
PS: Don't tell the wife how much these things cost.... I lie well ;)post #8793 of 174019/29/12 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sab666
Recently I built a dedicated music player which is totally fanless and silent. Running Win 7 64bit, 8Gb RAM, 250 GB SSD. More info HERE
very nice. I love the lcd3s especially with the norse cable. I think those will be my next investment. How's the bass response?post #8794 of 174019/29/12 at 4:27pmpost #8795 of 174019/29/12 at 4:29pmpost #8796 of 174019/29/12 at 4:33pmpost #8797 of 174019/29/12 at 5:51pmpost #8798 of 174019/29/12 at 5:52pmpost #8799 of 174019/29/12 at 6:24pmpost #8800 of 174019/29/12 at 7:20pmThe low end and mid is what makes the LCD-3s so damn great. But you need an amp with a bit of muscle to get sharp and accurate bass and the Audio-gd packs 6W into 50ohms so there no problems driving these to full potential. I got the Norse cable primarily for the 4-pin XLR output.post #8801 of 174019/29/12 at 7:21pmQuote:
"overly simplistic metal cabinets" to paraphrase an earlier post xD? (haha JK, i posted on of them).
Kojakupost #8802 of 174019/29/12 at 7:32pmQuote:
nice rig and nendroids.post #8803 of 174019/29/12 at 7:38pmQuote:
Thanks! It sounds great, the amp is a great pairing with the 940's. I find that the 940's need a little more oomph in the low end, and the bass boost on the amp is perfect for the job. Just gives it a little more body without really changing anything else. Oh, and it sounds awesome with the 4.ai's as well. :)post #8804 of 174019/29/12 at 7:55pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 second ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 33 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 (Pictures and review) [Updated 7/19] 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 4 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude