and a knife? is that used for "active component protection" while you're at work?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 583
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8732 of 184029/27/12 at 10:22am
"Don't touch my cans!"post #8733 of 184029/27/12 at 10:33am
Yes you do. I'm not particularly fond/proud of them, but I will cop to owning a pair.Quote:
MorbidToaster knows what's up. I'm in Texas, so it's expected that I carry a knife. I guess it says "don't touch my cans without prior consent". In reality it's just another useful tool - I open a lot of boxes and whatnot.post #8734 of 184029/27/12 at 10:40ampost #8735 of 184029/27/12 at 10:57amQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Yes you do. I'm not particularly fond/proud of them, but I will cop to owning a pair.
MorbidToaster knows what's up. I'm in Texas, so it's expected that I carry a knife. I guess it says "don't touch my cans without prior consent". In reality it's just another useful tool - I open a lot of boxes and whatnot.
It also means "Touch my Schiit and suffer the consequences."post #8736 of 184029/27/12 at 11:42amQuote:
Headphone rig > $10K, cellphone $20. Typical head-fier :)
VERY nice.post #8737 of 184029/27/12 at 11:47ampost #8738 of 184029/27/12 at 1:24pmpost #8739 of 184029/27/12 at 4:14pmpost #8740 of 184029/27/12 at 5:00pm
my listening station when I'm not on the PC. (you shall not be getting a pic of that but i will tell you it consists of a xonar dx e9 and a pair of frankenzone's) the records are under the turntable and the booze is under the speaker.
anyways setup there is nextech auto turntable (not great but was cheap) > E11 into either grado sr60 ath-a700 or B2's depending on what I'm listening to. the mini system is a Sony mhc-gx45 which is dieing.post #8741 of 184029/27/12 at 8:06pmpost #8742 of 184029/27/12 at 8:10pmpost #8743 of 184029/27/12 at 8:13pm
Seriously. It's like reading 'they all die' the book.post #8744 of 184029/27/12 at 9:42pmpost #8745 of 184029/27/12 at 10:00pm
which amp and amps only run on analogue signal so if your trying to feed an amp a digital signal then yes your going to need a d/ac like you cant plug a SPDIF or a optical cable into a amp and hope it works. where as you can plug any line level or phono into the amp and it should work to some extent.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Thanks to those pesky bugs, small further... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › World Cup 2014 8 minutes ago
- › New Binaural DSD128 Album and Kickstarter! 128DSD Native Resolution... 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)