and a knife? is that used for "active component protection" while you're at work?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 583
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8732 of 189219/27/12 at 10:22am
"Don't touch my cans!"post #8733 of 189219/27/12 at 10:33am
Yes you do. I'm not particularly fond/proud of them, but I will cop to owning a pair.Quote:
MorbidToaster knows what's up. I'm in Texas, so it's expected that I carry a knife. I guess it says "don't touch my cans without prior consent". In reality it's just another useful tool - I open a lot of boxes and whatnot.post #8734 of 189219/27/12 at 10:40ampost #8735 of 189219/27/12 at 10:57amQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Yes you do. I'm not particularly fond/proud of them, but I will cop to owning a pair.
MorbidToaster knows what's up. I'm in Texas, so it's expected that I carry a knife. I guess it says "don't touch my cans without prior consent". In reality it's just another useful tool - I open a lot of boxes and whatnot.
It also means "Touch my Schiit and suffer the consequences."post #8736 of 189219/27/12 at 11:42amQuote:
Headphone rig > $10K, cellphone $20. Typical head-fier :)
VERY nice.post #8737 of 189219/27/12 at 11:47ampost #8738 of 189219/27/12 at 1:24pmpost #8739 of 189219/27/12 at 4:14pmpost #8740 of 189219/27/12 at 5:00pm
my listening station when I'm not on the PC. (you shall not be getting a pic of that but i will tell you it consists of a xonar dx e9 and a pair of frankenzone's) the records are under the turntable and the booze is under the speaker.
anyways setup there is nextech auto turntable (not great but was cheap) > E11 into either grado sr60 ath-a700 or B2's depending on what I'm listening to. the mini system is a Sony mhc-gx45 which is dieing.post #8741 of 189219/27/12 at 8:06pmpost #8742 of 189219/27/12 at 8:10pmpost #8743 of 189219/27/12 at 8:13pm
Seriously. It's like reading 'they all die' the book.post #8744 of 189219/27/12 at 9:42pmpost #8745 of 189219/27/12 at 10:00pm
which amp and amps only run on analogue signal so if your trying to feed an amp a digital signal then yes your going to need a d/ac like you cant plug a SPDIF or a optical cable into a amp and hope it works. where as you can plug any line level or phono into the amp and it should work to some extent.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 33 seconds ago
- › ****** Bottlehead S.E.X 2.1 with C4S, Impedance switch upgraded and... 46 seconds ago
- › ES100: New Earbuds from HIFIMAN 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Just got my M50x, thinking about getting something else 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)