and a knife? is that used for "active component protection" while you're at work?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
I'm still a newbie in the headphone category, just starting to try out all the hyped ones like SRH840, HD650/600 etc from the beginning of this year. Now I'm left with this, HD600, and DT880....
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 583
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8732 of 162049/27/12 at 10:22am
"Don't touch my cans!"post #8733 of 162049/27/12 at 10:33am
Yes you do. I'm not particularly fond/proud of them, but I will cop to owning a pair.Quote:
MorbidToaster knows what's up. I'm in Texas, so it's expected that I carry a knife. I guess it says "don't touch my cans without prior consent". In reality it's just another useful tool - I open a lot of boxes and whatnot.post #8734 of 162049/27/12 at 10:40ampost #8735 of 162049/27/12 at 10:57amQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Yes you do. I'm not particularly fond/proud of them, but I will cop to owning a pair.
MorbidToaster knows what's up. I'm in Texas, so it's expected that I carry a knife. I guess it says "don't touch my cans without prior consent". In reality it's just another useful tool - I open a lot of boxes and whatnot.
It also means "Touch my Schiit and suffer the consequences."post #8736 of 162049/27/12 at 11:42amQuote:
Headphone rig > $10K, cellphone $20. Typical head-fier :)
VERY nice.post #8737 of 162049/27/12 at 11:47ampost #8738 of 162049/27/12 at 1:24pmpost #8739 of 162049/27/12 at 4:14pmpost #8740 of 162049/27/12 at 5:00pm
my listening station when I'm not on the PC. (you shall not be getting a pic of that but i will tell you it consists of a xonar dx e9 and a pair of frankenzone's) the records are under the turntable and the booze is under the speaker.
anyways setup there is nextech auto turntable (not great but was cheap) > E11 into either grado sr60 ath-a700 or B2's depending on what I'm listening to. the mini system is a Sony mhc-gx45 which is dieing.post #8741 of 162049/27/12 at 8:06pmpost #8742 of 162049/27/12 at 8:10pmpost #8743 of 162049/27/12 at 8:13pm
Seriously. It's like reading 'they all die' the book.post #8744 of 162049/27/12 at 9:42pmpost #8745 of 162049/27/12 at 10:00pm
which amp and amps only run on analogue signal so if your trying to feed an amp a digital signal then yes your going to need a d/ac like you cant plug a SPDIF or a optical cable into a amp and hope it works. where as you can plug any line level or phono into the amp and it should work to some extent.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser Momentum cheaper alternative 5 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 7 minutes ago
- › REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 8 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe