Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 581post #8701 of 162669/26/12 at 12:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8702 of 162669/26/12 at 1:06pmpost #8703 of 162669/26/12 at 1:17pmpost #8704 of 162669/26/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Nice, very nice!
Yeah I think the LCD2's sound good with the Asgard, its a lovely sounding amp and it really brings out the higher frequencies just nice and smooth.post #8705 of 162669/26/12 at 1:24pm
Thats the one that I want!!
Congrats, they look sooo good together, Bet they don't sound too bad either with your LCD3s'?post #8706 of 162669/26/12 at 1:45pmQuote:
Eh, they sound ok. No really though, it's a fantastic setup. Mjolnir is the best SS amp I've heard yet.post #8707 of 162669/26/12 at 2:04pm
Latest config of my desktop rig
JDS Labs ODAC > ALO Amphora > MrSpeakers Mad Dogs and Symphones Magnum v4
The Mad Dogs generally requires the Amphora volume to move beyond 1 o'clock to get the volume I want but it's not harsh or strained in sound. It compares very well to the Soloist I had to sell earlier this month. The Magnums are, no surprise, much easier to power and sound excellent on the setup.post #8708 of 162669/26/12 at 2:09pmpost #8709 of 162669/26/12 at 3:03pm
Yeah, I've had that double stand for a while, but had been using the single silver Woo stand back when I was using a single headphone all the time. Now I switch back and forth more often.post #8710 of 162669/26/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
The Woo stand is great looking, too, but even though Larry's stands are pricey, I really love mine. They look better in person than they do in pics, IMO...post #8711 of 162669/26/12 at 7:34pmpost #8712 of 162669/26/12 at 9:51pmpost #8713 of 162669/26/12 at 9:58pmpost #8714 of 162669/26/12 at 10:03pm
Here's a small review I posted on another forum.Quote:So far T90 seems to be the DT880 successor IMO. It shares almost the same tonality as DT880 but more forward treble. It was pretty harsh outside the box but after near 200 hours the harshness has subsided but not entirely gone. The mids do sound a bit recessed because of the treble. As for the bass it behaves almost similar to DT880; it will appear when the source demands it. The quality and quantity of the bass it is definitely better compared to DT880, can't really do any comparison with T70 as I've auditioned it only for a few hours but I recall from memory the T70 bass is not that much better than DT880. Selection of source is also important as T90 is much more revealing and unforgiving than DT880.
As for comparison with T1, no doubt T1 is better. T90 treble is much more forward and harsher compared to T1. Everything else T1 is probably better by a notch.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Bellari HA-540 - What Over The Ear Headphone To Match? 21 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 1 minute ago
- › Peachtree decco65 Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 5 minutes ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital