- 3,332 Posts. Joined 2/2009
- Location: Slovenia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 581post #8701 of 200279/26/12 at 1:17pmlooks heavy
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8702 of 200279/26/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Nice, very nice!
Yeah I think the LCD2's sound good with the Asgard, its a lovely sounding amp and it really brings out the higher frequencies just nice and smooth.post #8703 of 200279/26/12 at 1:24pm
Thats the one that I want!!
Congrats, they look sooo good together, Bet they don't sound too bad either with your LCD3s'?post #8704 of 200279/26/12 at 1:45pmQuote:
Eh, they sound ok. No really though, it's a fantastic setup. Mjolnir is the best SS amp I've heard yet.post #8705 of 200279/26/12 at 2:04pm
Latest config of my desktop rig
JDS Labs ODAC > ALO Amphora > MrSpeakers Mad Dogs and Symphones Magnum v4
The Mad Dogs generally requires the Amphora volume to move beyond 1 o'clock to get the volume I want but it's not harsh or strained in sound. It compares very well to the Soloist I had to sell earlier this month. The Magnums are, no surprise, much easier to power and sound excellent on the setup.post #8706 of 200279/26/12 at 2:09pmpost #8707 of 200279/26/12 at 3:03pm
Yeah, I've had that double stand for a while, but had been using the single silver Woo stand back when I was using a single headphone all the time. Now I switch back and forth more often.post #8708 of 200279/26/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
The Woo stand is great looking, too, but even though Larry's stands are pricey, I really love mine. They look better in person than they do in pics, IMO...post #8709 of 200279/26/12 at 7:34pmpost #8710 of 200279/26/12 at 9:51pmpost #8711 of 200279/26/12 at 9:58pmpost #8712 of 200279/26/12 at 10:03pm
Here's a small review I posted on another forum.Quote:So far T90 seems to be the DT880 successor IMO. It shares almost the same tonality as DT880 but more forward treble. It was pretty harsh outside the box but after near 200 hours the harshness has subsided but not entirely gone. The mids do sound a bit recessed because of the treble. As for the bass it behaves almost similar to DT880; it will appear when the source demands it. The quality and quantity of the bass it is definitely better compared to DT880, can't really do any comparison with T70 as I've auditioned it only for a few hours but I recall from memory the T70 bass is not that much better than DT880. Selection of source is also important as T90 is much more revealing and unforgiving than DT880.
As for comparison with T1, no doubt T1 is better. T90 treble is much more forward and harsher compared to T1. Everything else T1 is probably better by a notch.post #8713 of 200279/26/12 at 10:12pmpost #8714 of 200279/26/12 at 10:17pm
Nice review. I've always thought the T90 was the successor to the DT990 and that beyerdynamic would release a T80 to compliment the DT880. It seems I am wrong with that assumption. Anywho, I love my DT990. The treble can be very high for some, and sometimes I feel it to be that case, but as you say, the sound of a headphone is dependent on the source.post #8715 of 200279/26/12 at 10:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Destroysall
Nice review. I've always thought the T90 was the successor to the DT990 and that beyerdynamic would release a T80 to compliment the DT880. It seems I am wrong with that assumption. Anywho, I love my DT990. The treble can be very high for some, and sometimes I feel it to be that case, but as you say, the sound of a headphone is dependent on the source.
According to their site the T90 is an open headphone so it would be the successor to the 990 as the numbering implies. I still expect to see a semi-open T80 eventually.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Echobox Finder X1 -- One of the pleasant surprises of CanJam 34 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival Report 6 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 7 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 8 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 9 minutes ago
- › Studio Six - A Reference Headphone Amp from ALO Audio - Now Available! 11 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2