Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 581post #8701 of 184649/26/12 at 12:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8702 of 184649/26/12 at 1:06pmpost #8703 of 184649/26/12 at 1:17pmpost #8704 of 184649/26/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Nice, very nice!
Yeah I think the LCD2's sound good with the Asgard, its a lovely sounding amp and it really brings out the higher frequencies just nice and smooth.post #8705 of 184649/26/12 at 1:24pm
Thats the one that I want!!
Congrats, they look sooo good together, Bet they don't sound too bad either with your LCD3s'?post #8706 of 184649/26/12 at 1:45pmQuote:
Eh, they sound ok. No really though, it's a fantastic setup. Mjolnir is the best SS amp I've heard yet.post #8707 of 184649/26/12 at 2:04pm
Latest config of my desktop rig
JDS Labs ODAC > ALO Amphora > MrSpeakers Mad Dogs and Symphones Magnum v4
The Mad Dogs generally requires the Amphora volume to move beyond 1 o'clock to get the volume I want but it's not harsh or strained in sound. It compares very well to the Soloist I had to sell earlier this month. The Magnums are, no surprise, much easier to power and sound excellent on the setup.post #8708 of 184649/26/12 at 2:09pmpost #8709 of 184649/26/12 at 3:03pm
Yeah, I've had that double stand for a while, but had been using the single silver Woo stand back when I was using a single headphone all the time. Now I switch back and forth more often.post #8710 of 184649/26/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
The Woo stand is great looking, too, but even though Larry's stands are pricey, I really love mine. They look better in person than they do in pics, IMO...post #8711 of 184649/26/12 at 7:34pmpost #8712 of 184649/26/12 at 9:51pmpost #8713 of 184649/26/12 at 9:58pmpost #8714 of 184649/26/12 at 10:03pm
Here's a small review I posted on another forum.Quote:So far T90 seems to be the DT880 successor IMO. It shares almost the same tonality as DT880 but more forward treble. It was pretty harsh outside the box but after near 200 hours the harshness has subsided but not entirely gone. The mids do sound a bit recessed because of the treble. As for the bass it behaves almost similar to DT880; it will appear when the source demands it. The quality and quantity of the bass it is definitely better compared to DT880, can't really do any comparison with T70 as I've auditioned it only for a few hours but I recall from memory the T70 bass is not that much better than DT880. Selection of source is also important as T90 is much more revealing and unforgiving than DT880.
As for comparison with T1, no doubt T1 is better. T90 treble is much more forward and harsher compared to T1. Everything else T1 is probably better by a notch.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 11 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 26 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 6 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed headphones under $200 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)