- 3,339 Posts. Joined 2/2009
- Location: Slovenia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 581post #8701 of 213709/26/12 at 1:17pmlooks heavy
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8702 of 213709/26/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Nice, very nice!
Yeah I think the LCD2's sound good with the Asgard, its a lovely sounding amp and it really brings out the higher frequencies just nice and smooth.post #8703 of 213709/26/12 at 1:24pm
Thats the one that I want!!
Congrats, they look sooo good together, Bet they don't sound too bad either with your LCD3s'?post #8704 of 213709/26/12 at 1:45pmQuote:
Eh, they sound ok. No really though, it's a fantastic setup. Mjolnir is the best SS amp I've heard yet.post #8705 of 213709/26/12 at 2:04pm
Latest config of my desktop rig
JDS Labs ODAC > ALO Amphora > MrSpeakers Mad Dogs and Symphones Magnum v4
The Mad Dogs generally requires the Amphora volume to move beyond 1 o'clock to get the volume I want but it's not harsh or strained in sound. It compares very well to the Soloist I had to sell earlier this month. The Magnums are, no surprise, much easier to power and sound excellent on the setup.post #8706 of 213709/26/12 at 2:09pmpost #8707 of 213709/26/12 at 3:03pm
Yeah, I've had that double stand for a while, but had been using the single silver Woo stand back when I was using a single headphone all the time. Now I switch back and forth more often.post #8708 of 213709/26/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
The Woo stand is great looking, too, but even though Larry's stands are pricey, I really love mine. They look better in person than they do in pics, IMO...post #8709 of 213709/26/12 at 7:34pmpost #8710 of 213709/26/12 at 9:51pmpost #8711 of 213709/26/12 at 9:58pmpost #8712 of 213709/26/12 at 10:03pm
Here's a small review I posted on another forum.Quote:So far T90 seems to be the DT880 successor IMO. It shares almost the same tonality as DT880 but more forward treble. It was pretty harsh outside the box but after near 200 hours the harshness has subsided but not entirely gone. The mids do sound a bit recessed because of the treble. As for the bass it behaves almost similar to DT880; it will appear when the source demands it. The quality and quantity of the bass it is definitely better compared to DT880, can't really do any comparison with T70 as I've auditioned it only for a few hours but I recall from memory the T70 bass is not that much better than DT880. Selection of source is also important as T90 is much more revealing and unforgiving than DT880.
As for comparison with T1, no doubt T1 is better. T90 treble is much more forward and harsher compared to T1. Everything else T1 is probably better by a notch.post #8713 of 213709/26/12 at 10:12pmpost #8714 of 213709/26/12 at 10:17pm
Nice review. I've always thought the T90 was the successor to the DT990 and that beyerdynamic would release a T80 to compliment the DT880. It seems I am wrong with that assumption. Anywho, I love my DT990. The treble can be very high for some, and sometimes I feel it to be that case, but as you say, the sound of a headphone is dependent on the source.post #8715 of 213709/26/12 at 10:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Destroysall
Nice review. I've always thought the T90 was the successor to the DT990 and that beyerdynamic would release a T80 to compliment the DT880. It seems I am wrong with that assumption. Anywho, I love my DT990. The treble can be very high for some, and sometimes I feel it to be that case, but as you say, the sound of a headphone is dependent on the source.
According to their site the T90 is an open headphone so it would be the successor to the 990 as the numbering implies. I still expect to see a semi-open T80 eventually.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 12 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 21 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica Im03 like new 25 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 34 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 58 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 59 seconds ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 3 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...