- 3,342 Posts. Joined 2/2009
- Location: Slovenia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 581post #8701 of 216539/26/12 at 1:17pmlooks heavy
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8702 of 216539/26/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Nice, very nice!
Yeah I think the LCD2's sound good with the Asgard, its a lovely sounding amp and it really brings out the higher frequencies just nice and smooth.post #8703 of 216539/26/12 at 1:24pm
Thats the one that I want!!
Congrats, they look sooo good together, Bet they don't sound too bad either with your LCD3s'?post #8704 of 216539/26/12 at 1:45pmQuote:
Eh, they sound ok. No really though, it's a fantastic setup. Mjolnir is the best SS amp I've heard yet.post #8705 of 216539/26/12 at 2:04pm
Latest config of my desktop rig
JDS Labs ODAC > ALO Amphora > MrSpeakers Mad Dogs and Symphones Magnum v4
The Mad Dogs generally requires the Amphora volume to move beyond 1 o'clock to get the volume I want but it's not harsh or strained in sound. It compares very well to the Soloist I had to sell earlier this month. The Magnums are, no surprise, much easier to power and sound excellent on the setup.post #8706 of 216539/26/12 at 2:09pmpost #8707 of 216539/26/12 at 3:03pm
Yeah, I've had that double stand for a while, but had been using the single silver Woo stand back when I was using a single headphone all the time. Now I switch back and forth more often.post #8708 of 216539/26/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
The Woo stand is great looking, too, but even though Larry's stands are pricey, I really love mine. They look better in person than they do in pics, IMO...post #8709 of 216539/26/12 at 7:34pmpost #8710 of 216539/26/12 at 9:51pmpost #8711 of 216539/26/12 at 9:58pmpost #8712 of 216539/26/12 at 10:03pm
Here's a small review I posted on another forum.Quote:So far T90 seems to be the DT880 successor IMO. It shares almost the same tonality as DT880 but more forward treble. It was pretty harsh outside the box but after near 200 hours the harshness has subsided but not entirely gone. The mids do sound a bit recessed because of the treble. As for the bass it behaves almost similar to DT880; it will appear when the source demands it. The quality and quantity of the bass it is definitely better compared to DT880, can't really do any comparison with T70 as I've auditioned it only for a few hours but I recall from memory the T70 bass is not that much better than DT880. Selection of source is also important as T90 is much more revealing and unforgiving than DT880.
As for comparison with T1, no doubt T1 is better. T90 treble is much more forward and harsher compared to T1. Everything else T1 is probably better by a notch.post #8713 of 216539/26/12 at 10:12pmpost #8714 of 216539/26/12 at 10:17pm
Nice review. I've always thought the T90 was the successor to the DT990 and that beyerdynamic would release a T80 to compliment the DT880. It seems I am wrong with that assumption. Anywho, I love my DT990. The treble can be very high for some, and sometimes I feel it to be that case, but as you say, the sound of a headphone is dependent on the source.post #8715 of 216539/26/12 at 10:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Destroysall
Nice review. I've always thought the T90 was the successor to the DT990 and that beyerdynamic would release a T80 to compliment the DT880. It seems I am wrong with that assumption. Anywho, I love my DT990. The treble can be very high for some, and sometimes I feel it to be that case, but as you say, the sound of a headphone is dependent on the source.
According to their site the T90 is an open headphone so it would be the successor to the 990 as the numbering implies. I still expect to see a semi-open T80 eventually.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 55 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Over-the-ear headphones which keep ears cool 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 3 minutes ago
- › Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 USB A to B 0.5M - half price -... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear