Here is the bedside setup. I have a DAC for iphone audio and I have my turntable below for my vinyl. I am really loving the passive preamp my good friend made for me. The sound is superb!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 2/6/13 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 576post #8626 of 160989/25/12 at 8:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8627 of 160989/25/12 at 8:43pmpost #8628 of 160989/25/12 at 8:50pmpost #8629 of 160989/25/12 at 8:51pmpost #8630 of 160989/25/12 at 8:58pmQuote:
You, sir...have a remarkable ability to toss money around. Jude loves those, but the cost/performance ratio...it's ridiculous.
Kojakupost #8631 of 160989/25/12 at 8:59pmpost #8632 of 160989/25/12 at 9:00pmQuote:
they are not terribly priced and have a unique sound. Their design is worth the cost alone.
post #8633 of 160989/25/12 at 9:01pm
He's not tossing money around, he's getting pictures off of the internet and posting them.
He means "amateur hour" but he's not all that smart.
He was just banned for using a disrespectful tone while ranting about things that are completely off-topic.post #8634 of 160989/25/12 at 9:02pmpost #8635 of 160989/25/12 at 9:02pm
Amateur hour. Auto correct ftw. And I was joking. Do forums completely drain everyone of their ability to comprehend sarcasm or have fun? Jeeze...post #8636 of 160989/25/12 at 9:04pmQuote:
Goodness gracious...The converter alone is a reference amp's worth of cost. For a "unique" sound, that cost is justified? And I thought you were simply posting a pic of your rig, not necessarily at home.
Kojakupost #8637 of 160989/25/12 at 9:09pmQuote:
-Cabillas Sapele Woodied Grado SR225i's
-V-Moda M-80 (gift from my girlfriend)
-Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10
-Audez'e LCD-2 Rev.2 Bamboo
Headphone Amp Inventory
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Pebble Blue, 16GB + 32GB microSD)
Archos 101 g9 Turbo (16GB+32GB microSD)
-Sliver/Gold alloy 3.5mm interconnect (via Chris_Himself)
-Silver Right-Terminating LOD (via Chris_Himself)
-Solid Core Cryo-Silver Cotton-Sheathed LCD-2 Cable (via Chris_Himself)
Other Audio Equipment
Various 5.1 Systems from Altec Lansing and Bose. Nothing too fancy.
Wood Cup mod, dress sock pad mod, 99.9% cryo-silver recable.
Funk, Hip-Hop, R&B, Smooth Jazz, Kpop, Jpop, Classical/Orchestral, Acoustic (mainly piano).
Gear-Fi (Favorite Non-Audio Gear & Gadgets)
My Alienware m15x, spec sheet too long for head-fi.
yeah.... you are really short on money... *rolls eyes*post #8638 of 160989/25/12 at 9:09pmpost #8639 of 160989/25/12 at 9:10pm
Honestly none of that costs all that much in the grand scheme of Summit-fi.post #8640 of 160989/25/12 at 9:13pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 seconds ago
- › Best amp/soundcard to go with AKG Studio 240s 5 seconds ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 2 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA760 Coming Soon!! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 2 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 2 minutes ago
- › What songs do you use to test gear? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi