Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 482
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7217 of 194397/15/12 at 4:34am
I've recently disconnected my PC from my headphone setup - I always use my CD player or the Squeezebox touch as source - so I had to find a solution to use headphones with my PC. I've settled for this, uh, high-end solution, consisting of a Behringer UCA-222 and my modded T50RP. The result sounds surprisingly good!post #7218 of 194397/15/12 at 4:43am
Did you build your own M^3? How do you like it. Does it have the power you need?post #7219 of 194397/15/12 at 6:34amQuote:The main thing that scared me off building the M^3 at least is it's low amount of power.
Then again, the LCD-2 and entire Denon line don't need that much power, so it should be fine in his case.post #7220 of 194397/15/12 at 6:40amQuote:
M^3 low power? Not as much as the B22 I know. But not low.post #7221 of 194397/15/12 at 6:45ampost #7222 of 194397/15/12 at 7:01amQuote:Just rechecked the specs on AMB's website. Indeed far more power than I remember.Originally Posted by preproman
M^3 low power? Not as much as the B22 I know. But not low.
Weird. I remember the low power of the M3 being a deal breaker, but looking at it again this is simply not true.
Ah well, my Beta22 is powerful enough to power small speakers, and hopefully my Lambdas too. That's quite a feat for a headphone amp.post #7223 of 194397/15/12 at 7:07ampost #7224 of 194397/15/12 at 9:07pmThread Starterpost #7225 of 194397/15/12 at 9:45pmpost #7226 of 194397/15/12 at 9:49pm
No, I did not build my own, but owing this amp has inspired me to give it a try. I find that they have plenty of power. I only need the gain at about 10 o'clock to drive the LCD-2's. Mine is build by YBM audio, which I picked up off the forums. YBM offers alot of different upgrades. When I was searching for a new amp, I was looking for something that could drive the LCD-2's but would also have good synergy with my Denon's as well. I really wanted a Burson, but when this came up I thought I'd give it a try as it was another amp I was looking at. I am very pleased with the results! Not only that but I also was able to get a great DAC by CI audio, so if I feel the need to go back to tubes later I have the freedom to swap out.post #7227 of 194397/15/12 at 9:56pmpost #7228 of 194397/15/12 at 10:04pm
Very clean ensemble, HiFiGuy528. I nearly bought the Duet2 back in May (2011). Placed an order and was placed on a waiting list but asked for a refund later that day. I'm still curious about the performance.post #7229 of 194397/15/12 at 10:27pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › SilverFi IEM Cables - A New Top Class Sounding IEM and Headphone... 2 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 seconds ago
- › DAC USB cable from keyboard - deteriorates signal ? 8 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 20 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 37 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz M1 Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)