Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 482
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7217 of 202267/15/12 at 4:34am
I've recently disconnected my PC from my headphone setup - I always use my CD player or the Squeezebox touch as source - so I had to find a solution to use headphones with my PC. I've settled for this, uh, high-end solution, consisting of a Behringer UCA-222 and my modded T50RP. The result sounds surprisingly good!post #7218 of 202267/15/12 at 4:43am
Did you build your own M^3? How do you like it. Does it have the power you need?post #7219 of 202267/15/12 at 6:34amQuote:The main thing that scared me off building the M^3 at least is it's low amount of power.
Then again, the LCD-2 and entire Denon line don't need that much power, so it should be fine in his case.post #7220 of 202267/15/12 at 6:40amQuote:
M^3 low power? Not as much as the B22 I know. But not low.post #7221 of 202267/15/12 at 6:45ampost #7222 of 202267/15/12 at 7:01amQuote:Just rechecked the specs on AMB's website. Indeed far more power than I remember.Originally Posted by preproman
M^3 low power? Not as much as the B22 I know. But not low.
Weird. I remember the low power of the M3 being a deal breaker, but looking at it again this is simply not true.
Ah well, my Beta22 is powerful enough to power small speakers, and hopefully my Lambdas too. That's quite a feat for a headphone amp.post #7223 of 202267/15/12 at 7:07ampost #7224 of 202267/15/12 at 9:07pmThread Starterpost #7225 of 202267/15/12 at 9:45pmpost #7226 of 202267/15/12 at 9:49pm
No, I did not build my own, but owing this amp has inspired me to give it a try. I find that they have plenty of power. I only need the gain at about 10 o'clock to drive the LCD-2's. Mine is build by YBM audio, which I picked up off the forums. YBM offers alot of different upgrades. When I was searching for a new amp, I was looking for something that could drive the LCD-2's but would also have good synergy with my Denon's as well. I really wanted a Burson, but when this came up I thought I'd give it a try as it was another amp I was looking at. I am very pleased with the results! Not only that but I also was able to get a great DAC by CI audio, so if I feel the need to go back to tubes later I have the freedom to swap out.post #7227 of 202267/15/12 at 9:56pmpost #7228 of 202267/15/12 at 10:04pm
Very clean ensemble, HiFiGuy528. I nearly bought the Duet2 back in May (2011). Placed an order and was placed on a waiting list but asked for a refund later that day. I'm still curious about the performance.post #7229 of 202267/15/12 at 10:27pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › What headphone should i go for? ( budget $800) 2 minutes ago
- › Long hair of the 70s 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 5 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 5 minutes ago
- › How does the AKG K553 compare to the K545? 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2