Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between the...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 482
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7217 of 199637/15/12 at 4:34am
I've recently disconnected my PC from my headphone setup - I always use my CD player or the Squeezebox touch as source - so I had to find a solution to use headphones with my PC. I've settled for this, uh, high-end solution, consisting of a Behringer UCA-222 and my modded T50RP. The result sounds surprisingly good!post #7218 of 199637/15/12 at 4:43am
Did you build your own M^3? How do you like it. Does it have the power you need?post #7219 of 199637/15/12 at 6:34amQuote:The main thing that scared me off building the M^3 at least is it's low amount of power.
Then again, the LCD-2 and entire Denon line don't need that much power, so it should be fine in his case.post #7220 of 199637/15/12 at 6:40amQuote:
M^3 low power? Not as much as the B22 I know. But not low.post #7221 of 199637/15/12 at 6:45ampost #7222 of 199637/15/12 at 7:01amQuote:Just rechecked the specs on AMB's website. Indeed far more power than I remember.Originally Posted by preproman
M^3 low power? Not as much as the B22 I know. But not low.
Weird. I remember the low power of the M3 being a deal breaker, but looking at it again this is simply not true.
Ah well, my Beta22 is powerful enough to power small speakers, and hopefully my Lambdas too. That's quite a feat for a headphone amp.post #7223 of 199637/15/12 at 7:07ampost #7224 of 199637/15/12 at 9:07pmThread Starterpost #7225 of 199637/15/12 at 9:45pmpost #7226 of 199637/15/12 at 9:49pm
No, I did not build my own, but owing this amp has inspired me to give it a try. I find that they have plenty of power. I only need the gain at about 10 o'clock to drive the LCD-2's. Mine is build by YBM audio, which I picked up off the forums. YBM offers alot of different upgrades. When I was searching for a new amp, I was looking for something that could drive the LCD-2's but would also have good synergy with my Denon's as well. I really wanted a Burson, but when this came up I thought I'd give it a try as it was another amp I was looking at. I am very pleased with the results! Not only that but I also was able to get a great DAC by CI audio, so if I feel the need to go back to tubes later I have the freedom to swap out.post #7227 of 199637/15/12 at 9:56pmpost #7228 of 199637/15/12 at 10:04pm
Very clean ensemble, HiFiGuy528. I nearly bought the Duet2 back in May (2011). Placed an order and was placed on a waiting list but asked for a refund later that day. I'm still curious about the performance.post #7229 of 199637/15/12 at 10:27pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › [WTS] JH13 Freqphase Custom IEM 7 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 14 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 14 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 25 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 49 seconds ago
- › New member 51 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71s take on the ATH-SPORT2 iem Page... 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2