Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-- ******Spolier Alert!****** This is an awesome 2.1 System, you might as well just go buy them right now, no point in reading my review. But if you must insist in continuing to...
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Test Chain JRiver>Gungnir>Onix SP3>HE-500 (XLR to SE adapter) Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 482
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7217 of 203017/15/12 at 4:34am
I've recently disconnected my PC from my headphone setup - I always use my CD player or the Squeezebox touch as source - so I had to find a solution to use headphones with my PC. I've settled for this, uh, high-end solution, consisting of a Behringer UCA-222 and my modded T50RP. The result sounds surprisingly good!post #7218 of 203017/15/12 at 4:43am
Did you build your own M^3? How do you like it. Does it have the power you need?post #7219 of 203017/15/12 at 6:34amQuote:The main thing that scared me off building the M^3 at least is it's low amount of power.
Then again, the LCD-2 and entire Denon line don't need that much power, so it should be fine in his case.post #7220 of 203017/15/12 at 6:40amQuote:
M^3 low power? Not as much as the B22 I know. But not low.post #7221 of 203017/15/12 at 6:45ampost #7222 of 203017/15/12 at 7:01amQuote:Just rechecked the specs on AMB's website. Indeed far more power than I remember.Originally Posted by preproman
M^3 low power? Not as much as the B22 I know. But not low.
Weird. I remember the low power of the M3 being a deal breaker, but looking at it again this is simply not true.
Ah well, my Beta22 is powerful enough to power small speakers, and hopefully my Lambdas too. That's quite a feat for a headphone amp.post #7223 of 203017/15/12 at 7:07ampost #7224 of 203017/15/12 at 9:07pmThread Starterpost #7225 of 203017/15/12 at 9:45pmpost #7226 of 203017/15/12 at 9:49pm
No, I did not build my own, but owing this amp has inspired me to give it a try. I find that they have plenty of power. I only need the gain at about 10 o'clock to drive the LCD-2's. Mine is build by YBM audio, which I picked up off the forums. YBM offers alot of different upgrades. When I was searching for a new amp, I was looking for something that could drive the LCD-2's but would also have good synergy with my Denon's as well. I really wanted a Burson, but when this came up I thought I'd give it a try as it was another amp I was looking at. I am very pleased with the results! Not only that but I also was able to get a great DAC by CI audio, so if I feel the need to go back to tubes later I have the freedom to swap out.post #7227 of 203017/15/12 at 9:56pmpost #7228 of 203017/15/12 at 10:04pm
Very clean ensemble, HiFiGuy528. I nearly bought the Duet2 back in May (2011). Placed an order and was placed on a waiting list but asked for a refund later that day. I'm still curious about the performance.post #7229 of 203017/15/12 at 10:27pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 19 seconds ago
- › A Brief Guide to Audio for the Skeptical Consumer 1 minute ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2