Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 482
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7217 of 162677/15/12 at 4:34am
I've recently disconnected my PC from my headphone setup - I always use my CD player or the Squeezebox touch as source - so I had to find a solution to use headphones with my PC. I've settled for this, uh, high-end solution, consisting of a Behringer UCA-222 and my modded T50RP. The result sounds surprisingly good!post #7218 of 162677/15/12 at 4:43am
Did you build your own M^3? How do you like it. Does it have the power you need?post #7219 of 162677/15/12 at 6:34amQuote:The main thing that scared me off building the M^3 at least is it's low amount of power.
Then again, the LCD-2 and entire Denon line don't need that much power, so it should be fine in his case.post #7220 of 162677/15/12 at 6:40amQuote:
M^3 low power? Not as much as the B22 I know. But not low.post #7221 of 162677/15/12 at 6:45ampost #7222 of 162677/15/12 at 7:01amQuote:Just rechecked the specs on AMB's website. Indeed far more power than I remember.Originally Posted by preproman
M^3 low power? Not as much as the B22 I know. But not low.
Weird. I remember the low power of the M3 being a deal breaker, but looking at it again this is simply not true.
Ah well, my Beta22 is powerful enough to power small speakers, and hopefully my Lambdas too. That's quite a feat for a headphone amp.post #7223 of 162677/15/12 at 7:07ampost #7224 of 162677/15/12 at 9:07pmpost #7225 of 162677/15/12 at 9:45pmQuote:
How are you liking them? Any good?post #7226 of 162677/15/12 at 9:49pm
No, I did not build my own, but owing this amp has inspired me to give it a try. I find that they have plenty of power. I only need the gain at about 10 o'clock to drive the LCD-2's. Mine is build by YBM audio, which I picked up off the forums. YBM offers alot of different upgrades. When I was searching for a new amp, I was looking for something that could drive the LCD-2's but would also have good synergy with my Denon's as well. I really wanted a Burson, but when this came up I thought I'd give it a try as it was another amp I was looking at. I am very pleased with the results! Not only that but I also was able to get a great DAC by CI audio, so if I feel the need to go back to tubes later I have the freedom to swap out.post #7227 of 162677/15/12 at 9:56pmpost #7228 of 162677/15/12 at 10:04pm
Very clean ensemble, HiFiGuy528. I nearly bought the Duet2 back in May (2011). Placed an order and was placed on a waiting list but asked for a refund later that day. I'm still curious about the performance.post #7229 of 162677/15/12 at 10:27pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 7 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 14 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 14 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = (Modulor orders updated... 42 seconds ago
- › Shouldn't An Analytical Sound Be Superior? 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a new portable that works well in a car 1 minute ago
- › My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Best USB DAC under $100? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital