Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1444post #21646 of 216532/12/17 at 8:05pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21647 of 216532/13/17 at 7:19am
Yes! ... and buy more. I am saving for an HD-800s, which I am hoping is the end of the line for cans.post #21648 of 216532/13/17 at 12:27pmpost #21649 of 216532/13/17 at 12:50pmQuote:
When I go balanced it will be with a Schiit Gungnir Multibit or Schiit Yggdrasil DAC and a Schiit Mjolnir 2 amp.post #21650 of 216532/13/17 at 9:33pmQuote:
Nice. About time :)
Just to clarify, the HD 800 or HD 800 S? Also, did you try out any Audeze yet?post #21651 of 216532/13/17 at 9:46pmQuote:
Don't know... I am thinking the regular HD-800, since I am not bothered by the treble spike I keep reading about (at least when I've listened at meets) and they are quite bit less $$$.
I've auditioned Audeze, but the comfort factor was a problem for me.post #21652 of 216532/14/17 at 12:08ampost #21653 of 216532/14/17 at 1:54amQuote:
Yeah I feel you on the weight of the Audeze. It surprisingly was a better experience than Hifimans. Audeze's earpads are big and deep which was nice, but the headband back then was bad. The LCD-2.2 pre-fazor was my favourite from their lineup.
I ask about the HD 800 because you can't EQ the BDP-1 :)
I've used the HD 800 without EQ fed by BDP-1 and A+ for years and it's fine for a lot of stuff without being harsh. When I listen to EQ'd version on A+ and then go to the BDP-1 right away, I can notice the inherent clarity of the BDP-1, but the sound does feel fatiguing. It's a mixed bag. That's why I have been thinking of adding another headphone that sounds great without any EQ and can utilize the BDP-1. The 2016 LCD-2 perhaps. I don't know if they have turned things around yet in terms of comfort or sound?
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 2 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 seconds ago
- › EMU Teak Gloss Massdrop Removable Cable Headphones 36 seconds ago
- › FS: Samsung Galaxy S3 Great as an Android Transport - Free US... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › PSB Speakers M4U 4 --- Hybrid BA/Dynamic IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear