Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1242post #18616 of 211888/19/14 at 12:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18617 of 211888/19/14 at 2:09pmpost #18618 of 211888/19/14 at 2:21pmpost #18619 of 211888/19/14 at 2:41pmpost #18620 of 211888/19/14 at 4:14pmpost #18621 of 211888/21/14 at 7:15pmpost #18622 of 211888/21/14 at 8:52pm
I've always loved the way the Lyr looks, especially with socket savers so the tubes stick up farther (I have the original). If you haven't yet, check out the Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers thread (new and old). Tons of info there. Congrats on the new amp, I think you'll be happy!post #18623 of 211888/22/14 at 5:09ampost #18624 of 211888/22/14 at 6:48ampost #18625 of 211888/22/14 at 6:53am
Very nice setup! Still using the V800 I see. How does the ALO Audio Studio Six compares with the v200 and hdva 600 you had previously? I have the v800/v200 combo, but I'm looking for an amp upgrade. I heard good things about the hdva 600. I'm wondering why you sold it.post #18626 of 211888/22/14 at 10:06ampost #18627 of 211888/22/14 at 10:35ampost #18628 of 211888/22/14 at 10:56ampost #18629 of 211888/22/14 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by ejwiles
I've always loved the way the Lyr looks, especially with socket savers so the tubes stick up farther (I have the original). If you haven't yet, check out the Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers thread (new and old). Tons of info there. Congrats on the new amp, I think you'll be happy!
I like how it looks too, pictures don't really do it justice though. I have some socket savers in the mail, I'm mainly getting them for cooling purposes though. I'll look into tube rolling eventually, I want to see how it is once the tubes burn-in, then maybe they will burn in. The Lyr 2 is supposed to sound a litle different, I have heard the first Lyr but it's been a long time with different headphones and I doubt it had the same tubes so I can't really compare them. Thank you, I think I will, it's sounding better by the hour.post #18630 of 211888/22/14 at 11:18amThanks, I bought it on kijiji for 80$ a steal if you ask me! Sadly it doesn't have any branding on it :-(
I saw it 3 months before I moved and was sad because it looks like (and is) The perfect desk. Computer slot on the left, file drawer on the right and another random drawer over file drawer.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › k1000 owners club 4 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 18 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 1 minute ago
- › BUNDLE DEAL!!! Philips Fidelio S1 in Mint Condition and Sennheiser... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › SE846 Filter mod 2 minutes ago
- › NuPrime DAC-10H - Desktop DAC and Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Delta V2 + free shipping 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...