Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1242post #18616 of 201738/19/14 at 12:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18617 of 201738/19/14 at 2:09pmpost #18618 of 201738/19/14 at 2:21pmpost #18619 of 201738/19/14 at 2:41pmpost #18620 of 201738/19/14 at 4:14pmpost #18621 of 201738/21/14 at 7:15pmpost #18622 of 201738/21/14 at 8:52pm
I've always loved the way the Lyr looks, especially with socket savers so the tubes stick up farther (I have the original). If you haven't yet, check out the Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers thread (new and old). Tons of info there. Congrats on the new amp, I think you'll be happy!post #18623 of 201738/22/14 at 5:09ampost #18624 of 201738/22/14 at 6:48ampost #18625 of 201738/22/14 at 6:53am
Very nice setup! Still using the V800 I see. How does the ALO Audio Studio Six compares with the v200 and hdva 600 you had previously? I have the v800/v200 combo, but I'm looking for an amp upgrade. I heard good things about the hdva 600. I'm wondering why you sold it.post #18626 of 201738/22/14 at 10:06ampost #18627 of 201738/22/14 at 10:35ampost #18628 of 201738/22/14 at 10:56ampost #18629 of 201738/22/14 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by ejwiles
I've always loved the way the Lyr looks, especially with socket savers so the tubes stick up farther (I have the original). If you haven't yet, check out the Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers thread (new and old). Tons of info there. Congrats on the new amp, I think you'll be happy!
I like how it looks too, pictures don't really do it justice though. I have some socket savers in the mail, I'm mainly getting them for cooling purposes though. I'll look into tube rolling eventually, I want to see how it is once the tubes burn-in, then maybe they will burn in. The Lyr 2 is supposed to sound a litle different, I have heard the first Lyr but it's been a long time with different headphones and I doubt it had the same tubes so I can't really compare them. Thank you, I think I will, it's sounding better by the hour.post #18630 of 201738/22/14 at 11:18amThanks, I bought it on kijiji for 80$ a steal if you ask me! Sadly it doesn't have any branding on it :-(
I saw it 3 months before I moved and was sad because it looks like (and is) The perfect desk. Computer slot on the left, file drawer on the right and another random drawer over file drawer.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › How long do you think a headphone would last? 5 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 33 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 50 seconds ago
- › Dac that pairs with Pico Slim 51 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Currently using a Xonar DGX, should I upgrade? 1 minute ago
- › Headphones to complement V-Moda M100? 1 minute ago
- › Westone W40 (or, Recycling The Blues) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3