Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1229

post #18421 of 19998
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post


It's been a good minute since I've seen a mad ear. How does it pair with your HD800?
post #18422 of 19998

The mad ear pairs very well with the hd800, as it does with many different headphones

post #18423 of 19998

 

 

 

The wood bracing I put on actually came in handy for cable management, caused another trip to Lowes.

 

post #18424 of 19998

Another MAD Ear+ (an older one - only one output jack)

 

 

 

 

 

Sounds wonderful. Excellent match. 

post #18425 of 19998

 

my mad ear, two headphone outs, preamp, and line out

post #18426 of 19998

Gotta love all this Mad Love  

 


Edited by whirlwind - 7/20/14 at 4:55pm
post #18427 of 19998

Added a Benchmark DAC1-USB, and reorganized my table a bit.

 

post #18428 of 19998

Just re-organized the office corner listening station.

 

From left to right:

 

LD MKIVSE

Audio-GD FUN (A) (Sun OPA)

HE-300

SP MPX3 (6SN7x2 & 2C51)

Sony Vaio

DV 336SE

NuForce u-Dac (rear)

Fiio E07k (rear)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cable management (underneath the scene) :D

 

post #18429 of 19998
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post

Just re-organized the office corner listening station.

From left to right:

LD MKIVSE
Audio-GD FUN (A) (Sun OPA)
HE-300
SP MPX3 (6SN7x2 & 2C51)
Sony Vaio
DV 336SE
NuForce u-Dac (rear)
Fiio E07k (rear)











Cable management (underneath the scene) biggrin.gif



Woah, that's a lot of gear for those HE-300s wink.gif
post #18430 of 19998
How is the impression for he300 pairing with e07k(as a dac/amp)?
post #18431 of 19998
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJs06 View Post


Woah, that's a lot of gear for those HE-300s wink.gif

 

Lol....The HE-300s are the ones I have been listening to the last few hours...

 

I have a couple of others that I have to share the love with:

 

 

 

:beerchug:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrameyz View Post

How is the impression for he300 pairing with e07k(as a dac/amp)?

 

 

The HE-300 has to be one of the most underrated phone around.  The Hifiman planars get all the love but these things rock.  Been listening to them for a few hours exclusively.  They do various genres deliciously.  I have the velour pads on which the sound is better than the pleather.  The pleather pads give a more congested and dark sound.  They also scale really well with amps.  The mids on these things are yummy!!!

 

:beerchug:


Edited by HeatFan12 - 7/21/14 at 6:34pm
post #18432 of 19998
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post
 

The HE-300 has to be one of the most underrated phone around.  The Hifiman planars get all the love but these things rock.  Been listening to them for a few hours exclusively.  They do various genres deliciously.  I have the velour pads on which the sound is better than the pleather.  The pleather pads give a more congested and dark sound.  They also scale really well with amps.  The mids on these things are yummy!!!

 

:beerchug:

Did you buy the velour pads aftermarket?what velour headphone did you use on HE-300?coz on that photo the pads i see is like the stock one due to its color :bigsmile_face:,does HE-300 have a strong and punchy bass?and does the mids are well textured to handle weighty guitar distortion for metal music,or its more suitable for listening female vocal(love the voice of Hayley Westenra for now :D)?coz currently i doesn't have a full size cans for my desktop setup :(,how it compare to the DT880?

Thank's for the explanation

 

:beerchug:

post #18433 of 19998

Not the best picture ever, but current setup below with the new GS-X

 

post #18434 of 19998
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post
 

Not the best picture ever, but current setup below with the new GS-X

 

 

Could you provide some initial thoughts on the GS-X?

post #18435 of 19998
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVass13 View Post
 

 

Could you provide some initial thoughts on the GS-X?

 

Sure, though I'll just be repeating the same thoughts as previous owners.

 

The statement made in the GS-X thread about it being "a wire with gain" is a very accurate description.  Everything seems very balanced and the perception is that the amp is reproducing exactly what's there.  Really, really good tight bass without overemphasis and in perfect balance with the mids and treble.  For example, my Bryston BHA-1 has a black background which I thought was perfect until I heard the GS-X, which has no background at all.  I know that seems like an odd comment, and probably doesn't make much sense until you hear both units.  Not saying the Bryston is bad, just that the GS-X seems to be better (purer?).  The Headamp/LCD3 combo is the best I've heard to date and at this point, it's hard to imagine buying another SS amp.

 

The build quality is outrageously good and it looks better in person than in most of the pictures.

 

If you have the patience, I would recommend making a deposit. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...