the pioneer, while still pushing out sound, will be under going full rehab this next year( or years). I just need to find the time to do it, and a new soldering station as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1188post #17806 of 194304/12/14 at 6:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17807 of 194304/12/14 at 7:06pm
Nice. Wish I had that kind of skill. I have a vintage 70's kenwood receiver (very similar to your pioneer) that wasn't stored properly and needs repaired. I tried cleaning it myself but it's beyond my help :(
Edited by indieman - 4/12/14 at 7:07pmpost #17808 of 194304/12/14 at 7:23pmQuote:
Indieman, it's worth it & may not cost you as much as you think. My Kenwood KA-8006 (1974) given to me by my brother needed cleaning, recapping & a couple of small adjustments & I think it only cost me around $65.00. It was worth every penny. Those vintage amps from the 70s & up were truly well made & aesthetically they're great looking. Another thing I was told by the technician who fixed it is that the WPC on the vintage amps & the ones on today's amps aren't the same. I'm not tech savvy so I can't explain what he said but what I seem to have understood is that the WPC back then were more powerful if that makes any sense. Maybe somebody reading what I'm writing who understands this kind of stuff can collaborate what I'm saying. Bottom line is IMHO someone who has a vintage quality amp thinking about getting it fixed should do it. They're a totally different animal.post #17809 of 194304/12/14 at 7:52pmpost #17810 of 194304/12/14 at 8:05pmpost #17811 of 194304/12/14 at 8:07pm
Very nice piece. I like it a lot!
I'm not familiar with the brand name of the tuner-amp.
What is it? Sapini?
I think I may have met the mother and father, though.
Actually, I loved my AJ15 a lot; knew every coil's tuning 'stiction' and could align the slope discriminator while half asleep.
Quote:post #17812 of 194304/12/14 at 8:09pmpost #17813 of 194304/13/14 at 2:02ampost #17814 of 194304/13/14 at 3:55amNot really a listening station post but I do have pics.
My older 840s headband snapped and I'm still trying to figure out how I can build a new one. Next to my monitor in my office.
I often listen while relaxing on my sofa next to a south facing window. There's a Pan Am hidden somewhere behind all that sunshine glow.
Sometimes this all you need. Trying to EQ the bottom end on the M-100. I've changed the EQ a bit since this was taken. This is a very fun combination by the way. X5->E12->M-100. And yes, I am using line out to the e12 so please ignore the high gain and volume level (was previously testing X5 alone with LCD-2).post #17815 of 194304/13/14 at 6:57amQuote:Originally Posted by indieman
Me too. My 90's harman/kardon receiver I posted awhile back still sounds great, and I found a probably 80's ish fischer audio receiver at goodwill of all places that surprisingly works and still sounds good. I use that one with some home made floor standing speakers. I need to take pics lol
Vintage all have amazing headphone out's.post #17816 of 194304/13/14 at 7:18am
Great photo buddy! Have you had the fostex long? I can't remember seeing them on your previous pics... Though I'm normally lookin at the spec to be fair :Dpost #17817 of 194304/13/14 at 7:58amQuote:
Got them in November. Sold a D5000 and Edition 8 to make it happen. Was in the end worth it as it answered the many questions I had about how good they are. I've since had Mark Lawton do his magic to them. The Spec drives them nicely.post #17818 of 194304/13/14 at 8:54ampost #17819 of 194304/13/14 at 9:08ampost #17820 of 194304/13/14 at 9:50am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › My 32GB Flash IPod Mini 28 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 32 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 44 seconds ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 56 seconds ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)