or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1184

post #17746 of 20226

Oh man, that box!

 

Did you find it on ebay, or an estate sale or something?

post #17747 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by terance View Post
 

Oh man, that box!

 

Did you find it on ebay, or an estate sale or something?

 

Imagine if you found a box like that on ebay, full of old tubes from the 50s and 60s....for $100.  :smile:

post #17748 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post
 

Latest addition to the family Woo Audio 2 and a mint vintage tube case with tubes for my Littledot mk3 and Woo .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

 

                                                                                          

                                                                                             

Woo hoo! congrats Mike buddy. Rock n' 'Rolling' all night long ha..

post #17749 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by terance View Post
 

Oh man, that box!

 

Did you find it on ebay, or an estate sale or something?

 

Found it on ebay guy was selling filled with tubes i didnt need ,so i asked him if he would sell the case only and he said ya i paid $60.00 for it but in my case +shipping +currency difference = almost double that but i never saw one this clean before so i  love it .  :biggrin:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Ya LugBug1 as the song goes  ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN !!!     G44

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

Woo hoo! congrats Mike buddy. Rock n' 'Rolling' all night long ha..

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

Imagine if you found a box like that on ebay, full of old tubes from the 50s and 60s....for $100.  :smile:

 

post #17750 of 20226

Nice Woo and tube heavan! Congrats!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post
 

Latest addition to the family Woo Audio 2 and a mint vintage tube case with tubes for my Littledot mk3 and Woo .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

 

post #17751 of 20226

Heck, that is a lot of valves! I'd suffer from tubefuscation :eek: 

post #17752 of 20226

:D I may be a bit late... but just in time for the victory lap... very nice!

post #17753 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

:D I may be a bit late... but just in time for the victory lap... very nice!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daerron View Post
 

Heck, that is a lot of valves! I'd suffer from tubefuscation :eek: 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post
 

Thanks alot you guys, :L3000:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

post #17754 of 20226

Outstanding!!! :beerchug:

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post
 

Latest addition to the family Woo Audio 2 and a mint vintage tube case with tubes for my Littledot mk3 and Woo .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

 

                                                                                          

                                                                                             


Edited by OldSkool - 4/6/14 at 5:35pm
post #17755 of 20226
Mine is pretty crappy compared to all the one's posted here haha.

y7e5uva9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
post #17756 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethespiral View Post

Mine is pretty crappy compared to all the one's posted here haha.

y7e5uva9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk


No it isn't!!!  :beerchug:

post #17757 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethespiral View Post

Mine is pretty crappy compared to all the one's posted here haha.

 

What's that four-channel amp? I think I saw you posting about it on the HD650 thread. What do you think of it?

post #17758 of 20226

It's the Presonus HP4. 150mW per output, so better than nothing haha. Was cheap and after upgrade, I could see it coming in hand a few years from now if I start recording. Certainly does a pretty good job, but I've never heard anything else. The monitor mute is nice though. It's a whole different world of music so far ;)

post #17759 of 20226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethespiral View Post
 

It's the Presonus HP4. 150mW per output, so better than nothing haha. Was cheap and after upgrade, I could see it coming in hand a few years from now if I start recording. Certainly does a pretty good job, but I've never heard anything else. The monitor mute is nice though. It's a whole different world of music so far ;)

I used to have one of those but it was way too bright for me.

post #17760 of 20226
I do notice that it seems a bit bright and also read that a few times. It won't take me long to upgrade now that I had my first taste into what an amp can do. I'm thinking about getting the magni/modi combo next week and return this when it comes... Or keep it lol

edit: super super bright. very sibilant vs running Shure SE535's through the headphone out of the CI2. No wonder I thought my SE535's sounded boring after listening through the HD650's on the weekend

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Edited by ridethespiral - 4/7/14 at 7:49pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...