Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1178post #17656 of 188163/28/14 at 4:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17657 of 188163/28/14 at 4:14pmQuote:
That's an impressive mess ;)post #17658 of 188163/28/14 at 4:29pm
Not a great as the one in your display area, mate. I am 1000% sure your home setup is even better than the one in the shop.Thanks bro. :)Quote:
I try and keep it organized as much as I can, but then after a few hours, clutter seems to always creep in somehow. hahahaha! Thanks for the kind words.
Thanks bro!post #17659 of 188163/28/14 at 4:46pmpost #17660 of 188163/28/14 at 4:51pm
Yes, it comes in handy with both iPhone and classic. Small and compact for when i am running and short on room. Still though, that AK120 is getting more time.
Thanks CJs06, just needs some attention. I have been working like crazy and have barely even had time to fire up the tubes lately.post #17661 of 188163/28/14 at 4:55pmpost #17662 of 188163/28/14 at 4:57pm
Yeah, i have to get it to that. I'll take new pictures then, may take a while though, like ah ah, well a while.
Nice area!post #17663 of 188163/28/14 at 5:01pmpost #17664 of 188163/28/14 at 5:04pmQuote:
Haha thanks I understand busy for sure, makes those DAPs you have worth it I imagine! I've been looking at the A&K 100, Sony NW-ZX1 and Fiio X5. They are pricy but I believe I would get a lot out of a portable rig and I would enjoy having my MQS collection with me at work, since I spend most of my time there anyways.post #17665 of 188163/28/14 at 5:05pmpost #17666 of 188163/28/14 at 5:08pmpost #17667 of 188163/28/14 at 5:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by CJs06
Haha thanks I understand busy for sure, makes those DAPs you have worth it I imagine! I've been looking at the A&K 100, Sony NW-ZX1 and Fiio X5. They are pricy but I believe I would get a lot out of a portable rig and I would enjoy having my MQS collection with me at work, since I spend most of my time there anyways.
I tried the AK240 last weekend and just wanted to throw in the towel. These little things just get better and better-wallet screams!post #17668 of 188163/28/14 at 5:09pmpost #17669 of 188163/28/14 at 5:11pmQuote:
When a DAP costs as much as a fully loaded Macbook Pro... thats when I know it's not for me :Ppost #17670 of 188163/28/14 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by NZheadcase
Finally finished unpacking everything from our recent move. Had a bit of time tidying the study a bit. Here's the Head-fi/gaming/get-away-from-everything station. :)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I used an old bookshelf to store headphone boxes .
Right behind the desk is the Audio Table. Currently listening to the HE500 and T1.
The Mac Mini feeds the NAD M51 via USB, the Bifrost via Optical. It outputs HDMI to the Sony TV on the right. The PS3 and XBOX feeds the NAD via optical so any gaming session can be done with headphones on. In the foreground is the listening/gaming chair with ottoman.
Really nice listening station, nicely organized, and looks great!Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Definitely a nice comfortable set up, clean and simple, nice!
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 4 minutes ago
- › Buzzingand pops in headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)