Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1176post #17626 of 184543/27/14 at 7:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17627 of 184543/27/14 at 7:53amQuote:
Thanks! I'm in love with the LCD's. I have never tried any other amps with them, but I can say I'm completely happy with the setup and have basically found my endgame rig (for many many years, at least). The sound is VERY different from the PS500.post #17628 of 184543/27/14 at 8:09ampost #17629 of 184543/27/14 at 8:20ampost #17630 of 184543/27/14 at 8:25amQuote:
Right now I'm just y-splitting from the Bifrost to the Asgard and Lyr, and running the active speakers out of the Asgard preamp. A Schiit SYS is replacing the Asgard preouts to control the active speakers.
What I really want is a nice switchbox to switch between all of them, because if I want to connect all of the amps to the DAC right now, I would have to connect a y-splitter to another y-splitter, which splits the signal each time, whereas a switching box switches the signal, and passes the full signal through to each amp as it's selected. Ideally I would like a Schiit switching box!post #17631 of 184543/27/14 at 8:26amQuote:
I find the LCD's to be a LOT more comfortable than the Grado's, as well.post #17632 of 184543/27/14 at 1:02pmQuote:
That would be great..and yes the speakers only deserve the bestpost #17633 of 184543/27/14 at 1:06pmpost #17634 of 184543/27/14 at 2:03pmpost #17635 of 184543/27/14 at 2:24pm
I made it... there was a DIY thread on it a week or two ago. i'm going to re-do it though, this time with thinner leather, hoping to smooth out some of the lumps and bunched up areas.
I'll post pics in the DIY thread when I finish the second one.post #17636 of 184543/27/14 at 2:29pmpost #17637 of 184543/27/14 at 7:14pmpost #17638 of 184543/27/14 at 8:53pm
Thanks... just made another, this time using thinner, softer leather and softer foam. This ones more frumpy looking but its a lot softer and more comfy.post #17639 of 184543/27/14 at 8:53pmpost #17640 of 184543/27/14 at 10:27pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › are dacs easy to use? 4 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon CL Review (Updated after burn Review) 4 minutes ago
- › Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed! 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)