Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1173post #17581 of 213733/23/14 at 9:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17582 of 213733/23/14 at 10:09pm
The headphone stand is called "Fischer Audio: The Curve".
It's known under a few different names I believe.
A fantastic stand!post #17583 of 213733/23/14 at 10:44pmpost #17584 of 213733/24/14 at 1:15am
You should really try my Grado pads mod:
My station is really simplistic, not sure if temporary, but it's doing the job. It consists of a fairly narrow 1-meter long stand up desk (: it's a chest of drawers, with no chair to be found anywhere close to it, I hate those); the keyboard and mouse on top of it fall at navel height on one end, and on the other (facing the wall) lies a jacked up laptop with its screen at just over a meter (or ~1.5x arm) from me, and the only thing lying between me and the computer is ^that^ headphone's resting place (on toilet paper squares). Accessories and adapters are in the drawers inside my “desk”, and I'm not using any amplifier or external DAC, even though I own a few in storage (those in my signature).
I've moved in this room 2 months ago and I'm finding myself satisfied with just that and a bed right next to it. I have a few boxes of stuff that I've not opened but really, it's not that much stuff.
Edited by devouringone3 - 3/24/14 at 7:57pmpost #17585 of 213733/24/14 at 8:15ampost #17586 of 213733/24/14 at 12:03pmpost #17587 of 213733/24/14 at 12:10pmQuote:Even cheaper and i ordered one for my code-x..i especially love the cable organiser in the back! Unique and handy! never saw that before on a stand.Originally Posted by Ali-Pacha
Same shape, very cheap : http://www.thomann.de/fr/rooms_audio_typ_fs_k_headphone_stand.htm
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/24/14 at 12:11pmpost #17588 of 213733/24/14 at 12:15pmpost #17589 of 213733/24/14 at 12:26pm
What turntable is that if you don't mind me asking?post #17590 of 213733/24/14 at 12:27pmpost #17591 of 213733/24/14 at 12:31pmpost #17592 of 213733/24/14 at 12:33pmpost #17593 of 213733/24/14 at 12:37pmQuote:
Thank you very much. The 'table is a lightly modified VPI HW19mkIII with a REga RB600 arm and an AT33PTG/II at the pointy end. I don't know if there's a genre, as a whole, that I don't care for other than what's commonly called Classical Music (the Romantic and Baroque periods, especially). This being said, I do like many 20th Century compositions, as well as some Early Music.post #17594 of 213733/24/14 at 12:40pmQuote:
Even though there are 3 dedicated headamps (4 if you count the receiver) and 8 cans in the pics, you're right - it's not a headphone system. Thank you for the kind words.post #17595 of 213733/24/14 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shaffer
Thank you very much. The 'table is a lightly modified VPI HW19mkIII with a REga RB600 arm and an AT33PTG/II at the pointy end. I don't know if there's a genre, as a whole, that I don't care for other than what's commonly called Classical Music (the Romantic and Baroque periods, especially). This being said, I do like many 20th Century compositions, as well as some Early Music.
so is it more than 4000 ?
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 39 seconds ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 58 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Help choosing headphones 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...