Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/11/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1173post #17581 of 215603/23/14 at 9:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17582 of 215603/23/14 at 10:09pm
The headphone stand is called "Fischer Audio: The Curve".
It's known under a few different names I believe.
A fantastic stand!post #17583 of 215603/23/14 at 10:44pmpost #17584 of 215603/24/14 at 1:15am
You should really try my Grado pads mod:
My station is really simplistic, not sure if temporary, but it's doing the job. It consists of a fairly narrow 1-meter long stand up desk (: it's a chest of drawers, with no chair to be found anywhere close to it, I hate those); the keyboard and mouse on top of it fall at navel height on one end, and on the other (facing the wall) lies a jacked up laptop with its screen at just over a meter (or ~1.5x arm) from me, and the only thing lying between me and the computer is ^that^ headphone's resting place (on toilet paper squares). Accessories and adapters are in the drawers inside my “desk”, and I'm not using any amplifier or external DAC, even though I own a few in storage (those in my signature).
I've moved in this room 2 months ago and I'm finding myself satisfied with just that and a bed right next to it. I have a few boxes of stuff that I've not opened but really, it's not that much stuff.
Edited by devouringone3 - 3/24/14 at 7:57pmpost #17585 of 215603/24/14 at 8:15ampost #17586 of 215603/24/14 at 12:03pmpost #17587 of 215603/24/14 at 12:10pmQuote:Even cheaper and i ordered one for my code-x..i especially love the cable organiser in the back! Unique and handy! never saw that before on a stand.Originally Posted by Ali-Pacha
Same shape, very cheap : http://www.thomann.de/fr/rooms_audio_typ_fs_k_headphone_stand.htm
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/24/14 at 12:11pmpost #17588 of 215603/24/14 at 12:15pmpost #17589 of 215603/24/14 at 12:26pm
What turntable is that if you don't mind me asking?post #17590 of 215603/24/14 at 12:27pmpost #17591 of 215603/24/14 at 12:31pmpost #17592 of 215603/24/14 at 12:33pmpost #17593 of 215603/24/14 at 12:37pmQuote:
Thank you very much. The 'table is a lightly modified VPI HW19mkIII with a REga RB600 arm and an AT33PTG/II at the pointy end. I don't know if there's a genre, as a whole, that I don't care for other than what's commonly called Classical Music (the Romantic and Baroque periods, especially). This being said, I do like many 20th Century compositions, as well as some Early Music.post #17594 of 215603/24/14 at 12:40pmQuote:
Even though there are 3 dedicated headamps (4 if you count the receiver) and 8 cans in the pics, you're right - it's not a headphone system. Thank you for the kind words.post #17595 of 215603/24/14 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shaffer
Thank you very much. The 'table is a lightly modified VPI HW19mkIII with a REga RB600 arm and an AT33PTG/II at the pointy end. I don't know if there's a genre, as a whole, that I don't care for other than what's commonly called Classical Music (the Romantic and Baroque periods, especially). This being said, I do like many 20th Century compositions, as well as some Early Music.
so is it more than 4000 ?
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 7 seconds ago
- › FS: Hifiman 400i SMC connectors 21 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 27 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 44 seconds ago
- › [FS] Questyle QP1R 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear