Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
The Final Audio Design (FAD) Heaven VII was sent to me by Final UK as a part of the European review tour. I’d like to give them a big THANK YOU for including me on the tour and giving me a chance...
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1173post #17581 of 201783/23/14 at 9:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17582 of 201783/23/14 at 10:09pm
The headphone stand is called "Fischer Audio: The Curve".
It's known under a few different names I believe.
A fantastic stand!post #17583 of 201783/23/14 at 10:44pmpost #17584 of 201783/24/14 at 1:15am
You should really try my Grado pads mod:
My station is really simplistic, not sure if temporary, but it's doing the job. It consists of a fairly narrow 1-meter long stand up desk (: it's a chest of drawers, with no chair to be found anywhere close to it, I hate those); the keyboard and mouse on top of it fall at navel height on one end, and on the other (facing the wall) lies a jacked up laptop with its screen at just over a meter (or ~1.5x arm) from me, and the only thing lying between me and the computer is ^that^ headphone's resting place (on toilet paper squares). Accessories and adapters are in the drawers inside my “desk”, and I'm not using any amplifier or external DAC, even though I own a few in storage (those in my signature).
I've moved in this room 2 months ago and I'm finding myself satisfied with just that and a bed right next to it. I have a few boxes of stuff that I've not opened but really, it's not that much stuff.
Edited by devouringone3 - 3/24/14 at 7:57pmpost #17585 of 201783/24/14 at 8:15ampost #17586 of 201783/24/14 at 12:03pmpost #17587 of 201783/24/14 at 12:10pmQuote:Even cheaper and i ordered one for my code-x..i especially love the cable organiser in the back! Unique and handy! never saw that before on a stand.Originally Posted by Ali-Pacha
Same shape, very cheap : http://www.thomann.de/fr/rooms_audio_typ_fs_k_headphone_stand.htm
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/24/14 at 12:11pmpost #17588 of 201783/24/14 at 12:15pmpost #17589 of 201783/24/14 at 12:26pm
What turntable is that if you don't mind me asking?post #17590 of 201783/24/14 at 12:27pmpost #17591 of 201783/24/14 at 12:31pmpost #17592 of 201783/24/14 at 12:33pmpost #17593 of 201783/24/14 at 12:37pmQuote:
Thank you very much. The 'table is a lightly modified VPI HW19mkIII with a REga RB600 arm and an AT33PTG/II at the pointy end. I don't know if there's a genre, as a whole, that I don't care for other than what's commonly called Classical Music (the Romantic and Baroque periods, especially). This being said, I do like many 20th Century compositions, as well as some Early Music.post #17594 of 201783/24/14 at 12:40pmQuote:
Even though there are 3 dedicated headamps (4 if you count the receiver) and 8 cans in the pics, you're right - it's not a headphone system. Thank you for the kind words.post #17595 of 201783/24/14 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shaffer
Thank you very much. The 'table is a lightly modified VPI HW19mkIII with a REga RB600 arm and an AT33PTG/II at the pointy end. I don't know if there's a genre, as a whole, that I don't care for other than what's commonly called Classical Music (the Romantic and Baroque periods, especially). This being said, I do like many 20th Century compositions, as well as some Early Music.
so is it more than 4000 ?
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › B&O Beoplay H2 Portable 23 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr & Lyr 2 Tube Compatibility List 33 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3