Nice one Jo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Back in March, I received the Zens from Lee of Venture Electronics in exchange for my honest impressions. I was a bit hesitant because I have never enjoyed earbuds, and that bias had me a bit...
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1162post #17416 of 203133/10/14 at 7:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17417 of 203133/11/14 at 12:36am
WIP.....but so far this stands as one of my favourite main setups (usually through modded Crack or 336SE).
LME49720HA per channel coupled with 1 0.47uf Wima MKS per channel with Sanyo Oscon SEPC filter caps in the signal path of the analogue RCA outs.
No NOS mods applied yet, one of the best vintage DAC chips from BB. PCM56/58P better then the later 61 series.post #17418 of 203133/11/14 at 1:20ampost #17419 of 203133/11/14 at 2:50ampost #17420 of 203133/11/14 at 2:56amQuote:Originally Posted by jsgraha
That's correct :-)
Also, that table was the first computer table that we had since 14 years ago. It's quite beat up from being used by my first daughter, than my second one and now by me again.
Regarding DNA amp, I bought it from my friend, Gavtron. The dac is also from him.
I haven't had a chance to roll the tubes. Maybe this weekend. I'm happy with the sound already though.
Mine has gone through 5 family members in over 15 years. It's completely beat up but it's size and layout are perfect for what I needpost #17421 of 203133/11/14 at 4:19amQuote:
Hmm, as far as I know, A2A never did sell any DNA amp.
I've tried in the past at my friend's house (the one that I bought from).
We didn't impressed with the combo at the time (using different source).
As he upgraded his source (and I did upgrade my transport), I like hd800-stratus combo.
It seem to show that this phone not only picky with amp, but also with the synergy with its source.post #17422 of 203133/11/14 at 4:27ampost #17423 of 203133/11/14 at 4:41amQuote:
Well, if you need it our conversation again, I'll pm it to you.
Edited by jsgraha - 3/11/14 at 6:19ampost #17424 of 203133/11/14 at 5:48ampost #17425 of 203133/11/14 at 6:13amQuote:
Actually, I think I used to have similar table as yours as well, but newer than the one that I used for my current setup.
My daughter use it for some stage and broke it around the place for keyboard
Edited by jsgraha - 3/11/14 at 6:15ampost #17426 of 203133/11/14 at 6:14ampost #17427 of 203133/11/14 at 6:16am
Haha that's exactly where mine is broken as well, on the right side. I had to put in a couple of screws to hold it in place. I'm pretty sure it's an Ikea desk.post #17428 of 203133/11/14 at 6:21amQuote:
Wow, we do are part of IKEA club :-)post #17429 of 203133/11/14 at 7:14pmMy new humble headphone rig is complete now...just got the amp in from the builder and am burning it in right now..
the lower shelf of my very worn out Atacama audio rack (am in proces getting a new rack) houses the external powersupply..for brands/models of the things on pic see my signature under this post
Ps..sorry for bad quality of pics..was taken by an ipad 3
Ps..the grey/green stuff under the shelves are from out of the transport box the amp came in..they work very well as anti vibration thingie though and are free!!!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/11/14 at 7:22pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Schiit Owners Unite 18 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 45 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 48 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 7 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by waynes world
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2