Nice one Jo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1162post #17416 of 202343/10/14 at 7:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17417 of 202343/11/14 at 12:36am
WIP.....but so far this stands as one of my favourite main setups (usually through modded Crack or 336SE).
LME49720HA per channel coupled with 1 0.47uf Wima MKS per channel with Sanyo Oscon SEPC filter caps in the signal path of the analogue RCA outs.
No NOS mods applied yet, one of the best vintage DAC chips from BB. PCM56/58P better then the later 61 series.post #17418 of 202343/11/14 at 1:20ampost #17419 of 202343/11/14 at 2:50ampost #17420 of 202343/11/14 at 2:56amQuote:Originally Posted by jsgraha
That's correct :-)
Also, that table was the first computer table that we had since 14 years ago. It's quite beat up from being used by my first daughter, than my second one and now by me again.
Regarding DNA amp, I bought it from my friend, Gavtron. The dac is also from him.
I haven't had a chance to roll the tubes. Maybe this weekend. I'm happy with the sound already though.
Mine has gone through 5 family members in over 15 years. It's completely beat up but it's size and layout are perfect for what I needpost #17421 of 202343/11/14 at 4:19amQuote:
Hmm, as far as I know, A2A never did sell any DNA amp.
I've tried in the past at my friend's house (the one that I bought from).
We didn't impressed with the combo at the time (using different source).
As he upgraded his source (and I did upgrade my transport), I like hd800-stratus combo.
It seem to show that this phone not only picky with amp, but also with the synergy with its source.post #17422 of 202343/11/14 at 4:27ampost #17423 of 202343/11/14 at 4:41amQuote:
Well, if you need it our conversation again, I'll pm it to you.
Edited by jsgraha - 3/11/14 at 6:19ampost #17424 of 202343/11/14 at 5:48ampost #17425 of 202343/11/14 at 6:13amQuote:
Actually, I think I used to have similar table as yours as well, but newer than the one that I used for my current setup.
My daughter use it for some stage and broke it around the place for keyboard
Edited by jsgraha - 3/11/14 at 6:15ampost #17426 of 202343/11/14 at 6:14ampost #17427 of 202343/11/14 at 6:16am
Haha that's exactly where mine is broken as well, on the right side. I had to put in a couple of screws to hold it in place. I'm pretty sure it's an Ikea desk.post #17428 of 202343/11/14 at 6:21amQuote:
Wow, we do are part of IKEA club :-)post #17429 of 202343/11/14 at 7:14pmMy new humble headphone rig is complete now...just got the amp in from the builder and am burning it in right now..
the lower shelf of my very worn out Atacama audio rack (am in proces getting a new rack) houses the external powersupply..for brands/models of the things on pic see my signature under this post
Ps..sorry for bad quality of pics..was taken by an ipad 3
Ps..the grey/green stuff under the shelves are from out of the transport box the amp came in..they work very well as anti vibration thingie though and are free!!!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/11/14 at 7:22pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 7 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 9 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 12 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Headphone amplifier 16 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2