Nice one Jo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100, and Venture Electronics Monk a short while ago, I proved that I was...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1162post #17416 of 210813/10/14 at 7:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17417 of 210813/11/14 at 12:36am
WIP.....but so far this stands as one of my favourite main setups (usually through modded Crack or 336SE).
LME49720HA per channel coupled with 1 0.47uf Wima MKS per channel with Sanyo Oscon SEPC filter caps in the signal path of the analogue RCA outs.
No NOS mods applied yet, one of the best vintage DAC chips from BB. PCM56/58P better then the later 61 series.post #17418 of 210813/11/14 at 1:20ampost #17419 of 210813/11/14 at 2:50ampost #17420 of 210813/11/14 at 2:56amQuote:Originally Posted by jsgraha
That's correct :-)
Also, that table was the first computer table that we had since 14 years ago. It's quite beat up from being used by my first daughter, than my second one and now by me again.
Regarding DNA amp, I bought it from my friend, Gavtron. The dac is also from him.
I haven't had a chance to roll the tubes. Maybe this weekend. I'm happy with the sound already though.
Mine has gone through 5 family members in over 15 years. It's completely beat up but it's size and layout are perfect for what I needpost #17421 of 210813/11/14 at 4:19amQuote:
Hmm, as far as I know, A2A never did sell any DNA amp.
I've tried in the past at my friend's house (the one that I bought from).
We didn't impressed with the combo at the time (using different source).
As he upgraded his source (and I did upgrade my transport), I like hd800-stratus combo.
It seem to show that this phone not only picky with amp, but also with the synergy with its source.post #17422 of 210813/11/14 at 4:27ampost #17423 of 210813/11/14 at 4:41amQuote:
Well, if you need it our conversation again, I'll pm it to you.
Edited by jsgraha - 3/11/14 at 6:19ampost #17424 of 210813/11/14 at 5:48ampost #17425 of 210813/11/14 at 6:13amQuote:
Actually, I think I used to have similar table as yours as well, but newer than the one that I used for my current setup.
My daughter use it for some stage and broke it around the place for keyboard
Edited by jsgraha - 3/11/14 at 6:15ampost #17426 of 210813/11/14 at 6:14ampost #17427 of 210813/11/14 at 6:16am
Haha that's exactly where mine is broken as well, on the right side. I had to put in a couple of screws to hold it in place. I'm pretty sure it's an Ikea desk.post #17428 of 210813/11/14 at 6:21amQuote:
Wow, we do are part of IKEA club :-)post #17429 of 210813/11/14 at 7:14pmMy new humble headphone rig is complete now...just got the amp in from the builder and am burning it in right now..
the lower shelf of my very worn out Atacama audio rack (am in proces getting a new rack) houses the external powersupply..for brands/models of the things on pic see my signature under this post
Ps..sorry for bad quality of pics..was taken by an ipad 3
Ps..the grey/green stuff under the shelves are from out of the transport box the amp came in..they work very well as anti vibration thingie though and are free!!!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/11/14 at 7:22pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 seconds ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 25 seconds ago
- › Headphone Burn-in 26 seconds ago
- › Premium closed back headphones recommendations ? 32 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 46 seconds ago
- › Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Ringing ears at night 1 minute ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 2 minutes ago
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse