Nice one Jo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1162post #17416 of 201783/10/14 at 7:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17417 of 201783/11/14 at 12:36am
WIP.....but so far this stands as one of my favourite main setups (usually through modded Crack or 336SE).
LME49720HA per channel coupled with 1 0.47uf Wima MKS per channel with Sanyo Oscon SEPC filter caps in the signal path of the analogue RCA outs.
No NOS mods applied yet, one of the best vintage DAC chips from BB. PCM56/58P better then the later 61 series.post #17418 of 201783/11/14 at 1:20ampost #17419 of 201783/11/14 at 2:50ampost #17420 of 201783/11/14 at 2:56amQuote:Originally Posted by jsgraha
That's correct :-)
Also, that table was the first computer table that we had since 14 years ago. It's quite beat up from being used by my first daughter, than my second one and now by me again.
Regarding DNA amp, I bought it from my friend, Gavtron. The dac is also from him.
I haven't had a chance to roll the tubes. Maybe this weekend. I'm happy with the sound already though.
Mine has gone through 5 family members in over 15 years. It's completely beat up but it's size and layout are perfect for what I needpost #17421 of 201783/11/14 at 4:19amQuote:
Hmm, as far as I know, A2A never did sell any DNA amp.
I've tried in the past at my friend's house (the one that I bought from).
We didn't impressed with the combo at the time (using different source).
As he upgraded his source (and I did upgrade my transport), I like hd800-stratus combo.
It seem to show that this phone not only picky with amp, but also with the synergy with its source.post #17422 of 201783/11/14 at 4:27ampost #17423 of 201783/11/14 at 4:41amQuote:
Well, if you need it our conversation again, I'll pm it to you.
Edited by jsgraha - 3/11/14 at 6:19ampost #17424 of 201783/11/14 at 5:48ampost #17425 of 201783/11/14 at 6:13amQuote:
Actually, I think I used to have similar table as yours as well, but newer than the one that I used for my current setup.
My daughter use it for some stage and broke it around the place for keyboard
Edited by jsgraha - 3/11/14 at 6:15ampost #17426 of 201783/11/14 at 6:14ampost #17427 of 201783/11/14 at 6:16am
Haha that's exactly where mine is broken as well, on the right side. I had to put in a couple of screws to hold it in place. I'm pretty sure it's an Ikea desk.post #17428 of 201783/11/14 at 6:21amQuote:
Wow, we do are part of IKEA club :-)post #17429 of 201783/11/14 at 7:14pmMy new humble headphone rig is complete now...just got the amp in from the builder and am burning it in right now..
the lower shelf of my very worn out Atacama audio rack (am in proces getting a new rack) houses the external powersupply..for brands/models of the things on pic see my signature under this post
Ps..sorry for bad quality of pics..was taken by an ipad 3
Ps..the grey/green stuff under the shelves are from out of the transport box the amp came in..they work very well as anti vibration thingie though and are free!!!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/11/14 at 7:22pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 52 seconds ago
- › Still prefer Soul/Beats over M50's, M100, X2, DT1350, HD650... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The Ghost in the MP3 4 minutes ago
- › Classical Contemporary Music Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 6 minutes ago
- › Metrum Pavane 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3