Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1160post #17386 of 199723/9/14 at 6:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17387 of 199723/9/14 at 8:05ampost #17388 of 199723/9/14 at 8:07ampost #17389 of 199723/9/14 at 8:09ampost #17390 of 199723/9/14 at 8:33ampost #17391 of 199723/9/14 at 8:35ampost #17392 of 199723/9/14 at 1:26pm
WOW thats an incredible spread.
Curious, why all the vibration isolation under the solid state components and not the turntable or tubes?post #17393 of 199723/9/14 at 3:09pm
Thanks. I like my TT - Music Hall MMF-7.1
I'll be needing to upgrade the cart late spring.
Not a DAC but the Apogee Big Ben Master Clock. A digital Swiss knife, if you would.Quote:
Top shelf left to right:
- HiFiMAN HE-Adapter
- Shindo Laboratory F2a Sinhonia monaural amps
- Music Hall MMF-7.1 Turntable
Middle shelf left to right:
- Shindo Laboratory Aurieges Moving Magnet Phono stage Preamp
- 2359glenn OTL amp
- Apogee Big Ben Master Clock
Bottom shelf left to right:
- Mac mini music server (tweaked); Audirvana Plus with Direct & Integer Mode Play; Amarra
- Mhdt USBridge Coax Out (192kHz)
- APC Power Conditioner
- Wyred4Sound DAC-1 upgraded with Digital board; ESR Low Super Caps
- Shindo Laboratory "Mr.T" Power Conditioner
Additional note: I send all the digital gears to the APC Power Conditioner and all the analog gears to the Shindo Laboratory "Mr.T" Power Conditioner. Sorta separating the Peas & Carrots...
- HiFiMAN HE-6 with custom Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 Headphone cable (4x19awg)Quote:
All the vintage lovelies are just out of view. Maybe a Panorama shot next time?
- 1978 Sansui G-22000
- 1980 Pioneer SX-D7000
- 1977 Pioneer SX-650
- 1977 Sony P5 Turntable
For Sale - Sunday Only!!! Open Till Midnight!!!
Only the Master Clock is solid state... but it's a clock. The preamp middle left is a tube preamp. My Mapleshade Iso tweaks are leftover from a previous system - all of those components are not on display in the above pix which include 6 pound brass footers.
Shindo Laboratory voiced their gears to be placed directly onto shelves with no iso tweaks. The current shelf is interim only until I can afford a tuned Box Furniture rack. I just moved and experimenting with the new environment - the new room has a different vibe, so trust and verify I say! Lastly, the current rack lacks vertical height clearance in the middle shelf needed for the proper tweaks.
On the TT, if you look at it more closely in the pix below, you'll notice the TT is isolated by design - a base sandwich with sorbothane filling the middle:
I hope the listing of gears, illustrations and brief explanations helps!
Edited by Silent One - 3/11/14 at 8:29ampost #17394 of 199723/9/14 at 3:36pmQuote:
Thanks for the explanations but all they did was help me drool summores.post #17395 of 199723/9/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Git you a nice thick healthy slice of Pecan pie and an ice cold glass of milk...and you'll be set. For a few minutes anyways.post #17396 of 199723/9/14 at 4:32pmQuote:
More of a mincemeat kind of pie guy but that do sound good. Nope, homemade pineapple upside down cake out of Cook's Illustrated, thank you very much.post #17397 of 199723/9/14 at 4:37pmpost #17398 of 199723/9/14 at 5:20pmpost #17399 of 199723/10/14 at 2:18amQuote:
Amazing set up. Mind boggling.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 43 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 15 minutes ago
- › Beats Executive... Another disappointment 15 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 17 minutes ago
- › LH Geek LPS (for Geek Pulse X/f/i) 17 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 18 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 18 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2