Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/11/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
Website: LINK Product page: LINK Price: $50 + Shipping The package… The cable arrives in a small cardboard box and just the cable well wrapped inside. Nothing...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1160post #17386 of 215743/9/14 at 6:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17387 of 215743/9/14 at 8:05ampost #17388 of 215743/9/14 at 8:07ampost #17389 of 215743/9/14 at 8:09ampost #17390 of 215743/9/14 at 8:33ampost #17391 of 215743/9/14 at 8:35ampost #17392 of 215743/9/14 at 1:26pm
WOW thats an incredible spread.
Curious, why all the vibration isolation under the solid state components and not the turntable or tubes?post #17393 of 215743/9/14 at 3:09pm
Thanks. I like my TT - Music Hall MMF-7.1
I'll be needing to upgrade the cart late spring.
Not a DAC but the Apogee Big Ben Master Clock. A digital Swiss knife, if you would.Quote:
Top shelf left to right:
- HiFiMAN HE-Adapter
- Shindo Laboratory F2a Sinhonia monaural amps
- Music Hall MMF-7.1 Turntable
Middle shelf left to right:
- Shindo Laboratory Aurieges Moving Magnet Phono stage Preamp
- 2359glenn OTL amp
- Apogee Big Ben Master Clock
Bottom shelf left to right:
- Mac mini music server (tweaked); Audirvana Plus with Direct & Integer Mode Play; Amarra
- Mhdt USBridge Coax Out (192kHz)
- APC Power Conditioner
- Wyred4Sound DAC-1 upgraded with Digital board; ESR Low Super Caps
- Shindo Laboratory "Mr.T" Power Conditioner
Additional note: I send all the digital gears to the APC Power Conditioner and all the analog gears to the Shindo Laboratory "Mr.T" Power Conditioner. Sorta separating the Peas & Carrots...
- HiFiMAN HE-6 with custom Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 Headphone cable (4x19awg)Quote:
All the vintage lovelies are just out of view. Maybe a Panorama shot next time?
- 1978 Sansui G-22000
- 1980 Pioneer SX-D7000
- 1977 Pioneer SX-650
- 1977 Sony P5 Turntable
For Sale - Sunday Only!!! Open Till Midnight!!!
Only the Master Clock is solid state... but it's a clock. The preamp middle left is a tube preamp. My Mapleshade Iso tweaks are leftover from a previous system - all of those components are not on display in the above pix which include 6 pound brass footers.
Shindo Laboratory voiced their gears to be placed directly onto shelves with no iso tweaks. The current shelf is interim only until I can afford a tuned Box Furniture rack. I just moved and experimenting with the new environment - the new room has a different vibe, so trust and verify I say! Lastly, the current rack lacks vertical height clearance in the middle shelf needed for the proper tweaks.
On the TT, if you look at it more closely in the pix below, you'll notice the TT is isolated by design - a base sandwich with sorbothane filling the middle:
I hope the listing of gears, illustrations and brief explanations helps!
Edited by Silent One - 3/11/14 at 8:29ampost #17394 of 215743/9/14 at 3:36pmQuote:
Thanks for the explanations but all they did was help me drool summores.post #17395 of 215743/9/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Git you a nice thick healthy slice of Pecan pie and an ice cold glass of milk...and you'll be set. For a few minutes anyways.post #17396 of 215743/9/14 at 4:32pmQuote:
More of a mincemeat kind of pie guy but that do sound good. Nope, homemade pineapple upside down cake out of Cook's Illustrated, thank you very much.post #17397 of 215743/9/14 at 4:37pmpost #17398 of 215743/9/14 at 5:20pmpost #17399 of 215743/10/14 at 2:18amQuote:
Amazing set up. Mind boggling.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › "The Lab" 9 seconds ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 47 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Posts Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin!... 4 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear