Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1160post #17386 of 211383/9/14 at 6:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17387 of 211383/9/14 at 8:05ampost #17388 of 211383/9/14 at 8:07ampost #17389 of 211383/9/14 at 8:09ampost #17390 of 211383/9/14 at 8:33ampost #17391 of 211383/9/14 at 8:35ampost #17392 of 211383/9/14 at 1:26pm
WOW thats an incredible spread.
Curious, why all the vibration isolation under the solid state components and not the turntable or tubes?post #17393 of 211383/9/14 at 3:09pm
Thanks. I like my TT - Music Hall MMF-7.1
I'll be needing to upgrade the cart late spring.
Not a DAC but the Apogee Big Ben Master Clock. A digital Swiss knife, if you would.Quote:
Top shelf left to right:
- HiFiMAN HE-Adapter
- Shindo Laboratory F2a Sinhonia monaural amps
- Music Hall MMF-7.1 Turntable
Middle shelf left to right:
- Shindo Laboratory Aurieges Moving Magnet Phono stage Preamp
- 2359glenn OTL amp
- Apogee Big Ben Master Clock
Bottom shelf left to right:
- Mac mini music server (tweaked); Audirvana Plus with Direct & Integer Mode Play; Amarra
- Mhdt USBridge Coax Out (192kHz)
- APC Power Conditioner
- Wyred4Sound DAC-1 upgraded with Digital board; ESR Low Super Caps
- Shindo Laboratory "Mr.T" Power Conditioner
Additional note: I send all the digital gears to the APC Power Conditioner and all the analog gears to the Shindo Laboratory "Mr.T" Power Conditioner. Sorta separating the Peas & Carrots...
- HiFiMAN HE-6 with custom Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 Headphone cable (4x19awg)Quote:
All the vintage lovelies are just out of view. Maybe a Panorama shot next time?
- 1978 Sansui G-22000
- 1980 Pioneer SX-D7000
- 1977 Pioneer SX-650
- 1977 Sony P5 Turntable
For Sale - Sunday Only!!! Open Till Midnight!!!
Only the Master Clock is solid state... but it's a clock. The preamp middle left is a tube preamp. My Mapleshade Iso tweaks are leftover from a previous system - all of those components are not on display in the above pix which include 6 pound brass footers.
Shindo Laboratory voiced their gears to be placed directly onto shelves with no iso tweaks. The current shelf is interim only until I can afford a tuned Box Furniture rack. I just moved and experimenting with the new environment - the new room has a different vibe, so trust and verify I say! Lastly, the current rack lacks vertical height clearance in the middle shelf needed for the proper tweaks.
On the TT, if you look at it more closely in the pix below, you'll notice the TT is isolated by design - a base sandwich with sorbothane filling the middle:
I hope the listing of gears, illustrations and brief explanations helps!
Edited by Silent One - 3/11/14 at 8:29ampost #17394 of 211383/9/14 at 3:36pmQuote:
Thanks for the explanations but all they did was help me drool summores.post #17395 of 211383/9/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Git you a nice thick healthy slice of Pecan pie and an ice cold glass of milk...and you'll be set. For a few minutes anyways.post #17396 of 211383/9/14 at 4:32pmQuote:
More of a mincemeat kind of pie guy but that do sound good. Nope, homemade pineapple upside down cake out of Cook's Illustrated, thank you very much.post #17397 of 211383/9/14 at 4:37pmpost #17398 of 211383/9/14 at 5:20pmpost #17399 of 211383/10/14 at 2:18amQuote:
Amazing set up. Mind boggling.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 39 seconds ago
- › The best, cheap portable DAC Amplifier? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Arcam rHead Class-A Headphone Amp - Arriving July 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 - Impression and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Shunyata Zitron Alpha Analog 1.75M 15A Power Cord 8 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...