Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1160post #17386 of 194753/9/14 at 1:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17387 of 194753/9/14 at 1:52ampost #17388 of 194753/9/14 at 6:46ampost #17389 of 194753/9/14 at 8:05ampost #17390 of 194753/9/14 at 8:07ampost #17391 of 194753/9/14 at 8:09ampost #17392 of 194753/9/14 at 8:33ampost #17393 of 194753/9/14 at 8:35ampost #17394 of 194753/9/14 at 1:26pm
WOW thats an incredible spread.
Curious, why all the vibration isolation under the solid state components and not the turntable or tubes?post #17395 of 194753/9/14 at 3:09pm
Thanks. I like my TT - Music Hall MMF-7.1
I'll be needing to upgrade the cart late spring.
Not a DAC but the Apogee Big Ben Master Clock. A digital Swiss knife, if you would.Quote:
Top shelf left to right:
- HiFiMAN HE-Adapter
- Shindo Laboratory F2a Sinhonia monaural amps
- Music Hall MMF-7.1 Turntable
Middle shelf left to right:
- Shindo Laboratory Aurieges Moving Magnet Phono stage Preamp
- 2359glenn OTL amp
- Apogee Big Ben Master Clock
Bottom shelf left to right:
- Mac mini music server (tweaked); Audirvana Plus with Direct & Integer Mode Play; Amarra
- Mhdt USBridge Coax Out (192kHz)
- APC Power Conditioner
- Wyred4Sound DAC-1 upgraded with Digital board; ESR Low Super Caps
- Shindo Laboratory "Mr.T" Power Conditioner
Additional note: I send all the digital gears to the APC Power Conditioner and all the analog gears to the Shindo Laboratory "Mr.T" Power Conditioner. Sorta separating the Peas & Carrots...
- HiFiMAN HE-6 with custom Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 Headphone cable (4x19awg)Quote:
All the vintage lovelies are just out of view. Maybe a Panorama shot next time?
- 1978 Sansui G-22000
- 1980 Pioneer SX-D7000
- 1977 Pioneer SX-650
- 1977 Sony P5 Turntable
For Sale - Sunday Only!!! Open Till Midnight!!!
Only the Master Clock is solid state... but it's a clock. The preamp middle left is a tube preamp. My Mapleshade Iso tweaks are leftover from a previous system - all of those components are not on display in the above pix which include 6 pound brass footers.
Shindo Laboratory voiced their gears to be placed directly onto shelves with no iso tweaks. The current shelf is interim only until I can afford a tuned Box Furniture rack. I just moved and experimenting with the new environment - the new room has a different vibe, so trust and verify I say! Lastly, the current rack lacks vertical height clearance in the middle shelf needed for the proper tweaks.
On the TT, if you look at it more closely in the pix below, you'll notice the TT is isolated by design - a base sandwich with sorbothane filling the middle:
I hope the listing of gears, illustrations and brief explanations helps!
Edited by Silent One - 3/11/14 at 8:29ampost #17396 of 194753/9/14 at 3:36pmQuote:
Thanks for the explanations but all they did was help me drool summores.post #17397 of 194753/9/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Git you a nice thick healthy slice of Pecan pie and an ice cold glass of milk...and you'll be set. For a few minutes anyways.post #17398 of 194753/9/14 at 4:32pmQuote:
More of a mincemeat kind of pie guy but that do sound good. Nope, homemade pineapple upside down cake out of Cook's Illustrated, thank you very much.post #17399 of 194753/9/14 at 4:37pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Westone 3 vs. Westone 4, ahhh 42 seconds ago
- › Wireless question 42 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400 headphones with core3d sound card 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 4 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 4 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3