62ohm, I love the SLI-80 and the HD800's You get the full benefit of this awesome amp through the headphone jack. I am very pleased.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1148post #17206 of 187412/20/14 at 11:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17207 of 187412/21/14 at 4:53am
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Got the SR-47 all cleaned up:
(havent got space to move the speakers yet, will be moving soon anyway)post #17208 of 187412/21/14 at 5:05amQuote:
If I had more space, I would buy myself a pair of MIssion floorstanders from the mid 90s in a second.post #17209 of 187412/21/14 at 5:46am
Off-topic, yes, but I can't resist...
No disrespect intended for those who find these attractive, as there's no accounting for my very poor taste, but I always thought they looked like someone applied a bolt-on fender flare kit - without the bolts. I'm literally irritated when I look at how the flares terminate at the "stock" door skins. Again, it's just my opinion, but to my eye, it cheapens the marque and is unworthy of the engineering that lies within.post #17210 of 187412/21/14 at 6:04amQuote:Originally Posted by zilch0md
No disrespect intended for those who find these attractive, as there's no accounting for my very poor taste, but I always thought they looked like someone applied a bolt-on fender flare kit - without the bolts. I'm literally irritated when I look at how the flares terminate at the "stock" door skins. Again, it's just my opinion, but to my eye, it cheapens the marque and is unworthy of the engineering that lies within.
Design wise, there are any opinions and most will be true (As an architect I know).
As a machine though... its definitely a dream! :)
(post full of bimmer bias :) :) )post #17211 of 187412/21/14 at 6:20ampost #17212 of 187412/21/14 at 6:34ampost #17213 of 187412/21/14 at 7:05amQuote:
I think there's a set of connections in the engine bay somewhere. Just put speaker taps on the battery poles and BAM! You're in business. Maybe it's enough to drive a pair of HE-6s correctly.
Kojakupost #17214 of 187412/21/14 at 9:12am
Hmm... the battery puts out 12V DC... my Nuforce Icon amp needs 12-15V input and pumps out 24W for my HE-6...post #17215 of 187412/21/14 at 9:21amQuote:
Solution: Get another E 30, run the batteries in parallel. Balanced Auto-Amp. I think I've just predicted the future of headfi.
= Dynamics, Pacing, Low-End Oomph.
The perfect answer for the HE-6 sounding somewhat anemic underpowered.
Kojakupost #17216 of 187412/21/14 at 9:30ampost #17217 of 187412/21/14 at 10:28am
Eh. I'll just plug-in one of those newfangled noise attenuators everyone packages with their universal IEMs nowadays.
Kojakupost #17218 of 187412/21/14 at 10:59ampost #17219 of 187412/21/14 at 11:21amQuote:
It's like 3 degrees of Kevin Bacon, but with headphones and the M3.
Kojakupost #17220 of 187412/21/14 at 12:05pm
"(please don't, or be prepared to put your and your acquaintance's life on the line to) Show us... your 3 degrees headphones to M3 connection !!! No deceased please... will you make it !?! bonus point for each 'Fukawa Aiko no orighinaru purinto' found on the wall !!!"
Edited by roskodan - 2/21/14 at 12:22pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 41 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 45 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 7 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 8 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 10 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 11 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)