- 1,820 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Mckinney Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1133post #16981 of 211952/6/14 at 6:37pmI just realized I have yet to post my current drivers-close-to-ear setups! Well here are my only two headphones, just received the Beyer DT250 pads for the V6's, seriously get these pads if you have the V6's, they're incredible. These V6's actually make really good portable cans, love the sound from them, absolutely incredible. I'm in the process of selling the X10 IEMs, so these are my new out of the house can. The Grados have earned themselves a permanent spot in my collection, these walnut cups really are something else. I can see myself still reaching for the Grados 10+ years from now no matter whether or not I've earned my Audezes or what have you. Now THAT gents is true love
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16982 of 211952/6/14 at 9:57pmpost #16983 of 211952/7/14 at 12:18ampost #16984 of 211952/7/14 at 1:12am
Damn, that looks impressive and expensive. Bet it sounds it too.
I'm betting an audio store near you will have one on demo! For such a little amp it kicks out serious sound. My Tannoy floorstanders certainly sound like a cinema in movies and for music they're really well composed and detailed. I'm using the USB connection on this :)post #16985 of 211952/7/14 at 4:56ampost #16986 of 211952/7/14 at 5:03ampost #16987 of 211952/7/14 at 11:03ampost #16988 of 211952/7/14 at 1:35pmpost #16989 of 211952/7/14 at 2:00pm
Wait a minute...is that really a mini-i? I had no idea it could handle 384 now....
Edited by Kojaku - 2/7/14 at 2:02pmpost #16990 of 211952/7/14 at 2:42pm
Okay, we see it handles DXD but I'm wondering what our fellow member was listening to at the time...
Edited by Silent One - 2/7/14 at 2:46pmpost #16991 of 211952/7/14 at 4:09pm
Three are two Matrix Mini-i's - there new and the 'New Mini-i Pro' which does DSD/DXD and the 'New Mini-i' without DSD/DXD. If the headphone amp section is really good, I'd seriously consider the non-pro for a simple bedroom system.post #16992 of 211952/7/14 at 5:24pmI will be posting a review of both of them soon. Got some details to iron out first. Both units are good with favoring synergies that differ, though.
Subscribe here for notice when I post it. http://www.head-fi.org/t/695880/matrix-mini-i-pro-impressions
Edited by Maxvla - 2/7/14 at 5:25pmpost #16993 of 211952/7/14 at 5:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by zilch0md
I'm going to guess he'll prefer the v200 with the HD800 (based on my experience with the Soloist and T1 - which wasn't warm enough for my tastes, but some people like that paring.)
the most satisfying moments are those when you find components that matched let each other express in a unique way where each of the components feel enhanced, and any thought about existing limitations is wiped away by the enlightening sensation of awareness that changing anything will irreversibly erase that unique experience of listening pleasure
having both, the burson conductor and the violectric v800/v200 combo, makes the hd800 and lcd3 much more valuable, experience enhancing and pleasing, that apply the other way around and for each component as well
feeling like removing any of the components will make all the other lose in that regard
each combination completes itself in a unique way
realizing the virtual infinity of excellent and unique matches that there are, the search for the one "best", "more capable", "perfect for me" setup feels just like a limitation to the immense pleasure such pieces of art can provide us
ideally would be to just keep adding to it, however we all realize such pieces of art do not grow on trees, luckily one can trade in for something that will ultimately add to the pleasuring experience more that it will subtract
that said my relationship with the current ensemble is still in a phase of very fast advancing development, a very enlightening one that is... and increasingly pleasing...post #16994 of 211952/7/14 at 5:43pmpost #16995 of 211952/7/14 at 6:04pm
I'm loving the Mini-i Pro, It pairs better with the LCD 2.2, against anything else I've tested with them.
I tested it against a few other DAC units, and I liked this one the best.
I think it's a fairly new product.
I would describe the signature as accurate.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Tennmak 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...