Nice! Proper Jelly of your amp... Dying to hear one those new NAD's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1133post #16981 of 197162/6/14 at 1:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16982 of 197162/6/14 at 6:26pmQuote:hey Mike, have I ever gotten around to telling you that you're absolutely bonkers?? In the right kind of way of courseOriginally Posted by zilch0md
And now for something not so clean and minimalistic....
Here's an overhead shot of my all battery-powered Concero > Bushmaster MkII > MG3 > HD800 rig and a two-part MOV file, just for fun!
I'm absolutely thrilled with the way this sounds...
If these don't play correctly in your browser, right-click and save to your hard drive, then double-click to play (requires Quicktime).
The song is Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, performed by Meshell Ndegeocello, from the album A Dedication to Nina Simone.
Mikepost #16983 of 197162/6/14 at 6:37pmI just realized I have yet to post my current drivers-close-to-ear setups! Well here are my only two headphones, just received the Beyer DT250 pads for the V6's, seriously get these pads if you have the V6's, they're incredible. These V6's actually make really good portable cans, love the sound from them, absolutely incredible. I'm in the process of selling the X10 IEMs, so these are my new out of the house can. The Grados have earned themselves a permanent spot in my collection, these walnut cups really are something else. I can see myself still reaching for the Grados 10+ years from now no matter whether or not I've earned my Audezes or what have you. Now THAT gents is true lovepost #16984 of 197162/6/14 at 9:57pmpost #16985 of 197162/7/14 at 12:18ampost #16986 of 197162/7/14 at 1:12am
Damn, that looks impressive and expensive. Bet it sounds it too.
I'm betting an audio store near you will have one on demo! For such a little amp it kicks out serious sound. My Tannoy floorstanders certainly sound like a cinema in movies and for music they're really well composed and detailed. I'm using the USB connection on this :)post #16987 of 197162/7/14 at 4:56ampost #16988 of 197162/7/14 at 5:03ampost #16989 of 197162/7/14 at 11:03ampost #16990 of 197162/7/14 at 1:35pmpost #16991 of 197162/7/14 at 2:00pmpost #16992 of 197162/7/14 at 2:42pm
Okay, we see it handles DXD but I'm wondering what our fellow member was listening to at the time...
Edited by Silent One - 2/7/14 at 2:46pmpost #16993 of 197162/7/14 at 4:09pm
Three are two Matrix Mini-i's - there new and the 'New Mini-i Pro' which does DSD/DXD and the 'New Mini-i' without DSD/DXD. If the headphone amp section is really good, I'd seriously consider the non-pro for a simple bedroom system.post #16994 of 197162/7/14 at 5:24pmI will be posting a review of both of them soon. Got some details to iron out first. Both units are good with favoring synergies that differ, though.
Subscribe here for notice when I post it. http://www.head-fi.org/t/695880/matrix-mini-i-pro-impressions
Edited by Maxvla - 2/7/14 at 5:25pmpost #16995 of 197162/7/14 at 5:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by zilch0md
I'm going to guess he'll prefer the v200 with the HD800 (based on my experience with the Soloist and T1 - which wasn't warm enough for my tastes, but some people like that paring.)
the most satisfying moments are those when you find components that matched let each other express in a unique way where each of the components feel enhanced, and any thought about existing limitations is wiped away by the enlightening sensation of awareness that changing anything will irreversibly erase that unique experience of listening pleasure
having both, the burson conductor and the violectric v800/v200 combo, makes the hd800 and lcd3 much more valuable, experience enhancing and pleasing, that apply the other way around and for each component as well
feeling like removing any of the components will make all the other lose in that regard
each combination completes itself in a unique way
realizing the virtual infinity of excellent and unique matches that there are, the search for the one "best", "more capable", "perfect for me" setup feels just like a limitation to the immense pleasure such pieces of art can provide us
ideally would be to just keep adding to it, however we all realize such pieces of art do not grow on trees, luckily one can trade in for something that will ultimately add to the pleasuring experience more that it will subtract
that said my relationship with the current ensemble is still in a phase of very fast advancing development, a very enlightening one that is... and increasingly pleasing...
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! just now
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 12 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › I have been working with electronics for many years and just ran... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Bluetooth IEMs for the Gym - are Jaybird Bluebuds X still the... 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3