- 1,820 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Mckinney Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they asked me to provide a review of their recently released earphone. iBasso are well know for their...
Jomo Audio is a Singapore local company that crafts in ear earphones that sound and look wonderful. They are well known and highly respected in Singapore but have little exposure in Europe. So...
Elephone Whisper Noise Cancelling Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review...
Disclaimer: These headphones were sent to me thanks to the Oppo loaner program. They have since been returned and sent to the next reviewer. Want a headphone that sounds excellent, is easy...
Introduction: Unfamiliar Territory A couple of years ago, I was telling my father-in-law about my audio and music hobby. He asked me if the equipment I had was made by "Pioneer, Sony" or...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1133post #16981 of 214092/6/14 at 6:37pmI just realized I have yet to post my current drivers-close-to-ear setups! Well here are my only two headphones, just received the Beyer DT250 pads for the V6's, seriously get these pads if you have the V6's, they're incredible. These V6's actually make really good portable cans, love the sound from them, absolutely incredible. I'm in the process of selling the X10 IEMs, so these are my new out of the house can. The Grados have earned themselves a permanent spot in my collection, these walnut cups really are something else. I can see myself still reaching for the Grados 10+ years from now no matter whether or not I've earned my Audezes or what have you. Now THAT gents is true love
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16982 of 214092/6/14 at 9:57pmpost #16983 of 214092/7/14 at 12:18ampost #16984 of 214092/7/14 at 1:12am
Damn, that looks impressive and expensive. Bet it sounds it too.
I'm betting an audio store near you will have one on demo! For such a little amp it kicks out serious sound. My Tannoy floorstanders certainly sound like a cinema in movies and for music they're really well composed and detailed. I'm using the USB connection on this :)post #16985 of 214092/7/14 at 4:56ampost #16986 of 214092/7/14 at 5:03ampost #16987 of 214092/7/14 at 11:03ampost #16988 of 214092/7/14 at 1:35pmpost #16989 of 214092/7/14 at 2:00pm
Wait a minute...is that really a mini-i? I had no idea it could handle 384 now....
Edited by Kojaku - 2/7/14 at 2:02pmpost #16990 of 214092/7/14 at 2:42pm
Okay, we see it handles DXD but I'm wondering what our fellow member was listening to at the time...
Edited by Silent One - 2/7/14 at 2:46pmpost #16991 of 214092/7/14 at 4:09pm
Three are two Matrix Mini-i's - there new and the 'New Mini-i Pro' which does DSD/DXD and the 'New Mini-i' without DSD/DXD. If the headphone amp section is really good, I'd seriously consider the non-pro for a simple bedroom system.post #16992 of 214092/7/14 at 5:24pmI will be posting a review of both of them soon. Got some details to iron out first. Both units are good with favoring synergies that differ, though.
Subscribe here for notice when I post it. http://www.head-fi.org/t/695880/matrix-mini-i-pro-impressions
Edited by Maxvla - 2/7/14 at 5:25pmpost #16993 of 214092/7/14 at 5:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by zilch0md
I'm going to guess he'll prefer the v200 with the HD800 (based on my experience with the Soloist and T1 - which wasn't warm enough for my tastes, but some people like that paring.)
the most satisfying moments are those when you find components that matched let each other express in a unique way where each of the components feel enhanced, and any thought about existing limitations is wiped away by the enlightening sensation of awareness that changing anything will irreversibly erase that unique experience of listening pleasure
having both, the burson conductor and the violectric v800/v200 combo, makes the hd800 and lcd3 much more valuable, experience enhancing and pleasing, that apply the other way around and for each component as well
feeling like removing any of the components will make all the other lose in that regard
each combination completes itself in a unique way
realizing the virtual infinity of excellent and unique matches that there are, the search for the one "best", "more capable", "perfect for me" setup feels just like a limitation to the immense pleasure such pieces of art can provide us
ideally would be to just keep adding to it, however we all realize such pieces of art do not grow on trees, luckily one can trade in for something that will ultimately add to the pleasuring experience more that it will subtract
that said my relationship with the current ensemble is still in a phase of very fast advancing development, a very enlightening one that is... and increasingly pleasing...post #16994 of 214092/7/14 at 5:43pmpost #16995 of 214092/7/14 at 6:04pm
I'm loving the Mini-i Pro, It pairs better with the LCD 2.2, against anything else I've tested with them.
I tested it against a few other DAC units, and I liked this one the best.
I think it's a fairly new product.
I would describe the signature as accurate.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 6 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 16 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 20 seconds ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 44 seconds ago
- › New tube amp: the Cayin HA-1A MK2 1 minute ago
- › JVC FX850 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help From AudioPhiles 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...