Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1132

post #16966 of 18472

That cable at such a sharp angle is hurting my heart :p.

post #16967 of 18472

he, he,

 

don't worry all the weight is on the shelf, it's important not to excessively bent the cable where it enters the plug

 

i'll add another observation to my previous impressions, and that is, both the conductor and the violectric combo, are 1st class music instruments, can't go wrong with either, but it's awesome to have both

 

however there's is still space on the shelf that needs to be filled, with some glowing incandescent tubes perhaps :tongue_smile:

post #16968 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by roskodan View Post
 

he, he,

 

don't worry all the weight is on the shelf, it's important not to excessively bent the cable where it enters the plug

 

i'll add another observation to my previous impressions, and that is, both the conductor and the violectric combo, are 1st class music instruments, can't go wrong with either, but it's awesome to have both

 

however there's is still space on the shelf that needs to be filled, with some glowing incandescent tubes perhaps :tongue_smile:

If I may, WOO-HOO!!!

post #16969 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by roskodan View Post

he, he,

don't worry all the weight is on the shelf, it's important not to excessively bent the cable where it enters the plug

i'll add another observation to my previous impressions, and that is, both the conductor and the violectric combo, are 1st class music instruments, can't go wrong with either, but it's awesome to have both

however there's is still space on the shelf that needs to be filled, with some glowing incandescent tubes perhaps tongue_smile.gif

Just out of curiosity, which headphones do you listen to with the volume set at that level? I couldn't keep it below 12 o'clock.
post #16970 of 18472

12 o'clock at medium gain is quite loud, even chesky recordings sound plenty loud at that setting for me, both on hd800 and lcd3, i go louder too, but since i use headphone for like 8h a day, lol, i care to preserve my hearing, between 9-12 most of the time, but when enjoying a pure listening immersion session i like to go LOUD

 

since i started using headphones more frequently, while having listening sessions on speakers with others, i find myself setting the volume at levels others feel discomfort at, probably cos the detail and dynamics on speakers at lower volumes can't match the headphone experience, aside from that i like the excitement of feeling the beats, hits and riffs in my guts and thorax :)

 

enjoy music at safe levels, don't overly abuse your hearing, train your hearing at low volumes and you'll find moderate levels are plenty loud enough

 

edit: or maybe it might just be that your conductor is faulty :tongue_smile: 


Edited by roskodan - 2/5/14 at 3:08am
post #16971 of 18472

roskodan,

 

Are you ready to give us your impressions on how does the Conductor stack up against V200/V800? (I am particularly curious on how do they compare driving the HD800) :D

post #16972 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

I am a former Army pilot. Yes, I would like to see them!  biggrin.gif

Thank you for your service to our country.
post #16973 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by roskodan View Post

12 o'clock at medium gain is quite loud, even chesky recordings sound plenty loud at that setting for me, both on hd800 and lcd3, i go louder too, but since i use headphone for like 8h a day, lol, i care to preserve my hearing, between 9-12 most of the time, but when enjoying a pure listening immersion session i like to go LOUD

since i started using headphones more frequently, while having listening sessions on speakers with others, i find myself setting the volume at levels others feel discomfort at, probably cos the detail and dynamics on speakers at lower volumes can't match the headphone experience, aside from that i like the excitement of feeling the beats, hits and riffs in my guts and thorax smily_headphones1.gif

enjoy music at safe levels, don't overly abuse your hearing, train your hearing at low volumes and you'll find moderate levels are plenty loud enough

edit: or maybe it might just be that your conductor is faulty tongue_smile.gif  

Okay, I'll enjoy music at safe levels biggrin.gif

I used the low gain setting when I could get away with it. For the Fostex TH-600, LCD-XC etc. For the more demanding planars I used the medium gain and kept it within one or two notches of 12 o'clock, depending on my mood. I'm talking about the HE-500 and LCD-2. LCD-3 are slightly more efficient so you'll probably not need to turn it up so high. Not sure about HD-800 but I remember cranking it up quite high on the high gain with the T1's.

BTW, it looks much better on your shelf than it did on my desk/chest of drawers. I'm glad it's found a good home.
Edited by Tony1110 - 2/5/14 at 5:05am
post #16974 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

I am a former Army pilot. Yes, I would like to see them!  biggrin.gif

Thank you for your service to our country.

+1

post #16975 of 18472
love those pics!
post #16976 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post

roskodan,

Are you ready to give us your impressions on how does the Conductor stack up against V200/V800? (I am particularly curious on how do they compare driving the HD800) biggrin.gif

I'm going to guess he'll prefer the v200 with the HD800 (based on my experience with the Soloist and T1 - which wasn't warm enough for my tastes, but some people like that paring.)

Mike
post #16977 of 18472

It is complete!

 

 

post #16978 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk View Post
 

It is complete!

 

 

 


Wow! That's a really clean, minimalistic setup! How are you liking the X1? :smile_phones:

post #16979 of 18472

And now for something not so clean and minimalistic....

 

Here's an overhead shot of my all battery-powered Concero > Bushmaster MkII > MG3 > HD800 rig and a quick video tour, just for fun!  

 

I'm absolutely thrilled with the way this sounds...

 

:L3000:

 

 

 

 

The song is Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, performed by Meshell Ndegeocello, from the album A Dedication to Nina Simone.

 

Mike


Edited by zilch0md - 2/6/14 at 8:46pm
post #16980 of 18472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenpri View Post
 


Wow! That's a really clean, minimalistic setup! How are you liking the X1? :smile_phones:

 

The X1 is brilliant :) I can't see myself wanting to upgrade them for many may years! I bought the HD598 as well and returned them due to the X1 being so good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

And now for something not so clean and minimalistic....

 

Here's an overhead shot of my all battery-powered Concero > Bushmaster MkII > MG3 > HD800 rig and a two-part MOV file, just for fun!  

 

I'm absolutely thrilled with the way this sounds...

 

:L3000:

 

 

http://www.accessz.com/images/Audio/Concero--Bushmaster_MkII--TBI_MG3--HD800-Part1.MOV   

 

http://www.accessz.com/images/Audio/Concero--Bushmaster_MkII--TBI_MG3--HD800-Part2.MOV

 

If these don't play correctly in your browser, right-click and save to your hard drive, then double-click to play (requires Quicktime).

 

The song is Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, performed by Meshell Ndegeocello, from the album A Dedication to Nina Simone.

 

Mike

Whoah now, that is complex!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...