I lurves me some ol' school, 'cept, where's the vinyl?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1130post #16936 of 191722/2/14 at 10:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16937 of 191722/2/14 at 11:19am
haah I wish.... When my youngest one gets a little older I'm gonna dabble into both speakers and vinyl again. I have my rig cordoned off but couldn't risk a turntable.
I did have a vintage dac (Arcam black box) there as well but it has become a little intermittent.post #16938 of 191722/2/14 at 2:33pm
Thoughts on the ESP950? After all these years, they're still the one headphone that I'll sit down and listen to anything with and just be happy.post #16939 of 191722/2/14 at 3:21pm
Some big changes in the past few months:
Girlfriend and I moved to a new apartment with enough room in the kitchen for storage and whatnot, so I thought I'd repurpose the Ikea kitchen cart for...something else :)
The heart and soul of the system. My favorite can, EVER. As a guy who started in DIY-fi, I've been lucky enough to personally own pretty much every flagship (other than the Stax cans, which I've heard many a time, but could never afford). The LCD-3, coming specifically from a musicophile (that's what I call a musician audiophile) perspective, is the best can I've ever heard. Effortless, natural, especially when driven by something neutral, powerful, and resolving.
My favorite no-frills cable I've ever owned. I've never been huge on audible cable changes except in terms of microphonics, but I always believe in a) craftsmanship & b) ergonomics. Not to mention Steve at Q-Audio has amazing customer service too.
The new reference (for me at least). Built around the legendarily finicky ES9018, yet somehow completely transparent without any stridency at all. This amp swings 6 watts of super clean power in balanced mode. The LCD-3 loves this bad boy. It also has a pre-amp section, which is very useful. Hits WAY above its price point.
I always loved the Audez'e wooden presentation boxes They give me a place to put my frequency response graph :)
So I use the pre-outs to feed my speaker system, which could be a pain if I ever feel like listening to my cans anywhere else in the apartment...
Except I rigged the bottom tray so I could run a quickly-disconnectable 1/8th-inch jack. Bwahaha.
Pretty simple. Thirty-two inch Samsung LED. Audioengine A2s. D-Link Wireless-AC Router (50mbps over air! Thanks, Comcast!).
The understated powerhouse. Love this thing. Power up the wazoo in a package thinner than every portable DAC/Amp I've ever owned ('cept the Glacier, that bad boy is THIN).
Ah the sub. Bet a lot of people didn't know that the RCA input on the A2s runs as an output when the 1/8th-inch jack is being used. It's an old Yamaha YST-SW216. Gets me down to 20Hz nice and smooth. Forty bucks local pickup in Chicago. What a deal :) Oh and the bamboo is for...dampening.
Add a cheapie Ikea chair stuffed with old pillows and BAM! You've got my station :)
(P.S. Porta-rig update coming on Monday...hehehe)post #16940 of 191722/2/14 at 3:40pmpost #16941 of 191722/2/14 at 3:51pm
lol we left averyhsu1230 without a single lcd3 ... i'm almost feeling guilty... not
you nailed it with the setup... totally agree on the lcd3
awaiting the burson conductor... in the mean time take that...post #16942 of 191722/2/14 at 4:20pmQuote:
Is it oblique?post #16943 of 191722/2/14 at 4:29pmpost #16944 of 191722/2/14 at 4:32pmpost #16945 of 191722/2/14 at 4:36pmQuote:
Seriously xD. I rolled it to a friend who lives in the same building and he was like, "Are you street-peddling like $3000 of headphone equipment or something?". Hahaha xD
Kojakupost #16946 of 191722/3/14 at 5:07pm
I love Mcintosh gear so much, I really need to suck it up and buy one of their amps. Also is that a project debut carbon to the right? I've been really debating getting one or just getting a nice cartridge on my technics tablepost #16947 of 191722/3/14 at 5:53pmIt is. I went with the Acryl-It platter, Puck-It clamp, a 2M Blue stylus, and their SpeedBox 2 and Phono V USB preamp. It's my first turntable and I'm a happy camper. That said, a VPI Traveler might be in my future sometime in the next year.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkpost #16948 of 191722/3/14 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by wgb113
It is. I went with the Acryl-It platter, Puck-It clamp, a 2M Blue stylus, and their SpeedBox 2 and Phono V USB preamp. It's my first turntable and I'm a happy camper. That said, a VPI Traveler might be in my future sometime in the next year.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What qualities do you guys typically look for in a turntable? I'm thinking of adding one to my system.post #16949 of 191722/3/14 at 6:28pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 24 seconds ago
- › B&W 7 - Cheaper alternative with Similar Sound ? 36 seconds ago
- › FS: Yamaha YHD-1 Orthodynamic (Priced to sell!) 44 seconds ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)