Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1130post #16936 of 187412/2/14 at 10:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16937 of 187412/2/14 at 10:54ampost #16938 of 187412/2/14 at 11:19am
haah I wish.... When my youngest one gets a little older I'm gonna dabble into both speakers and vinyl again. I have my rig cordoned off but couldn't risk a turntable.
I did have a vintage dac (Arcam black box) there as well but it has become a little intermittent.post #16939 of 187412/2/14 at 2:33pm
Thoughts on the ESP950? After all these years, they're still the one headphone that I'll sit down and listen to anything with and just be happy.post #16940 of 187412/2/14 at 3:21pm
Some big changes in the past few months:
Girlfriend and I moved to a new apartment with enough room in the kitchen for storage and whatnot, so I thought I'd repurpose the Ikea kitchen cart for...something else :)
The heart and soul of the system. My favorite can, EVER. As a guy who started in DIY-fi, I've been lucky enough to personally own pretty much every flagship (other than the Stax cans, which I've heard many a time, but could never afford). The LCD-3, coming specifically from a musicophile (that's what I call a musician audiophile) perspective, is the best can I've ever heard. Effortless, natural, especially when driven by something neutral, powerful, and resolving.
My favorite no-frills cable I've ever owned. I've never been huge on audible cable changes except in terms of microphonics, but I always believe in a) craftsmanship & b) ergonomics. Not to mention Steve at Q-Audio has amazing customer service too.
The new reference (for me at least). Built around the legendarily finicky ES9018, yet somehow completely transparent without any stridency at all. This amp swings 6 watts of super clean power in balanced mode. The LCD-3 loves this bad boy. It also has a pre-amp section, which is very useful. Hits WAY above its price point.
I always loved the Audez'e wooden presentation boxes They give me a place to put my frequency response graph :)
So I use the pre-outs to feed my speaker system, which could be a pain if I ever feel like listening to my cans anywhere else in the apartment...
Except I rigged the bottom tray so I could run a quickly-disconnectable 1/8th-inch jack. Bwahaha.
Pretty simple. Thirty-two inch Samsung LED. Audioengine A2s. D-Link Wireless-AC Router (50mbps over air! Thanks, Comcast!).
The understated powerhouse. Love this thing. Power up the wazoo in a package thinner than every portable DAC/Amp I've ever owned ('cept the Glacier, that bad boy is THIN).
Ah the sub. Bet a lot of people didn't know that the RCA input on the A2s runs as an output when the 1/8th-inch jack is being used. It's an old Yamaha YST-SW216. Gets me down to 20Hz nice and smooth. Forty bucks local pickup in Chicago. What a deal :) Oh and the bamboo is for...dampening.
Add a cheapie Ikea chair stuffed with old pillows and BAM! You've got my station :)
(P.S. Porta-rig update coming on Monday...hehehe)post #16941 of 187412/2/14 at 3:40pmpost #16942 of 187412/2/14 at 3:51pm
lol we left averyhsu1230 without a single lcd3 ... i'm almost feeling guilty... not
you nailed it with the setup... totally agree on the lcd3
awaiting the burson conductor... in the mean time take that...post #16943 of 187412/2/14 at 4:20pmQuote:
Is it oblique?post #16944 of 187412/2/14 at 4:29pmpost #16945 of 187412/2/14 at 4:32pmpost #16946 of 187412/2/14 at 4:36pmQuote:
Seriously xD. I rolled it to a friend who lives in the same building and he was like, "Are you street-peddling like $3000 of headphone equipment or something?". Hahaha xD
Kojakupost #16947 of 187412/3/14 at 5:07pm
I love Mcintosh gear so much, I really need to suck it up and buy one of their amps. Also is that a project debut carbon to the right? I've been really debating getting one or just getting a nice cartridge on my technics tablepost #16948 of 187412/3/14 at 5:53pmIt is. I went with the Acryl-It platter, Puck-It clamp, a 2M Blue stylus, and their SpeedBox 2 and Phono V USB preamp. It's my first turntable and I'm a happy camper. That said, a VPI Traveler might be in my future sometime in the next year.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkpost #16949 of 187412/3/14 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by wgb113
It is. I went with the Acryl-It platter, Puck-It clamp, a 2M Blue stylus, and their SpeedBox 2 and Phono V USB preamp. It's my first turntable and I'm a happy camper. That said, a VPI Traveler might be in my future sometime in the next year.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What qualities do you guys typically look for in a turntable? I'm thinking of adding one to my system.post #16950 of 187412/3/14 at 6:28pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › WASAPI work around found!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 4 minutes ago
- › HUSband WIFE probLEM solutION specialist bABA JI 9672747263 4 minutes ago
- › HuSBaNd WiFe LoVe VaShiKaRaN SpEciaLiSt BaBa Ji+919672747263 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 5 minutes ago
- › GIRL=*-*-* love vashikaran specialist baba +919672747263 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)