I lurves me some ol' school, 'cept, where's the vinyl?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last October 2014, Audio Technica Singapore informed me about their plan for their new products launch. When we met, i had the chance to test the new ATH-MSR7. Connected it to my iBasso DX90, I was...
Tries so many headphones,but just coming back to my 700. Decided to stay with them and my HiFi M8 simply because I love the portability and the sound is great to me.
-Audio The Nucleus Headphone Amplifier/Preamp “Great Sound for the Masses” By Cesar Gutierrez - Audiophile December 2014 It is always exiting to discover and learn about new companies in...
Background So the technology behind the ear cups are quite interesting. This headphone is marketed towards teenagers for the "Bass Sensation". The headphone has a slider on thhe left ear cup, and...
Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1130post #16936 of 191832/2/14 at 10:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16937 of 191832/2/14 at 11:19am
haah I wish.... When my youngest one gets a little older I'm gonna dabble into both speakers and vinyl again. I have my rig cordoned off but couldn't risk a turntable.
I did have a vintage dac (Arcam black box) there as well but it has become a little intermittent.post #16938 of 191832/2/14 at 2:33pm
Thoughts on the ESP950? After all these years, they're still the one headphone that I'll sit down and listen to anything with and just be happy.post #16939 of 191832/2/14 at 3:21pm
Some big changes in the past few months:
Girlfriend and I moved to a new apartment with enough room in the kitchen for storage and whatnot, so I thought I'd repurpose the Ikea kitchen cart for...something else :)
The heart and soul of the system. My favorite can, EVER. As a guy who started in DIY-fi, I've been lucky enough to personally own pretty much every flagship (other than the Stax cans, which I've heard many a time, but could never afford). The LCD-3, coming specifically from a musicophile (that's what I call a musician audiophile) perspective, is the best can I've ever heard. Effortless, natural, especially when driven by something neutral, powerful, and resolving.
My favorite no-frills cable I've ever owned. I've never been huge on audible cable changes except in terms of microphonics, but I always believe in a) craftsmanship & b) ergonomics. Not to mention Steve at Q-Audio has amazing customer service too.
The new reference (for me at least). Built around the legendarily finicky ES9018, yet somehow completely transparent without any stridency at all. This amp swings 6 watts of super clean power in balanced mode. The LCD-3 loves this bad boy. It also has a pre-amp section, which is very useful. Hits WAY above its price point.
I always loved the Audez'e wooden presentation boxes They give me a place to put my frequency response graph :)
So I use the pre-outs to feed my speaker system, which could be a pain if I ever feel like listening to my cans anywhere else in the apartment...
Except I rigged the bottom tray so I could run a quickly-disconnectable 1/8th-inch jack. Bwahaha.
Pretty simple. Thirty-two inch Samsung LED. Audioengine A2s. D-Link Wireless-AC Router (50mbps over air! Thanks, Comcast!).
The understated powerhouse. Love this thing. Power up the wazoo in a package thinner than every portable DAC/Amp I've ever owned ('cept the Glacier, that bad boy is THIN).
Ah the sub. Bet a lot of people didn't know that the RCA input on the A2s runs as an output when the 1/8th-inch jack is being used. It's an old Yamaha YST-SW216. Gets me down to 20Hz nice and smooth. Forty bucks local pickup in Chicago. What a deal :) Oh and the bamboo is for...dampening.
Add a cheapie Ikea chair stuffed with old pillows and BAM! You've got my station :)
(P.S. Porta-rig update coming on Monday...hehehe)post #16940 of 191832/2/14 at 3:40pmpost #16941 of 191832/2/14 at 3:51pm
lol we left averyhsu1230 without a single lcd3 ... i'm almost feeling guilty... not
you nailed it with the setup... totally agree on the lcd3
awaiting the burson conductor... in the mean time take that...post #16942 of 191832/2/14 at 4:20pmQuote:
Is it oblique?post #16943 of 191832/2/14 at 4:29pmpost #16944 of 191832/2/14 at 4:32pmpost #16945 of 191832/2/14 at 4:36pmQuote:
Seriously xD. I rolled it to a friend who lives in the same building and he was like, "Are you street-peddling like $3000 of headphone equipment or something?". Hahaha xD
Kojakupost #16946 of 191832/3/14 at 5:07pm
I love Mcintosh gear so much, I really need to suck it up and buy one of their amps. Also is that a project debut carbon to the right? I've been really debating getting one or just getting a nice cartridge on my technics tablepost #16947 of 191832/3/14 at 5:53pmIt is. I went with the Acryl-It platter, Puck-It clamp, a 2M Blue stylus, and their SpeedBox 2 and Phono V USB preamp. It's my first turntable and I'm a happy camper. That said, a VPI Traveler might be in my future sometime in the next year.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkpost #16948 of 191832/3/14 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by wgb113
It is. I went with the Acryl-It platter, Puck-It clamp, a 2M Blue stylus, and their SpeedBox 2 and Phono V USB preamp. It's my first turntable and I'm a happy camper. That said, a VPI Traveler might be in my future sometime in the next year.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What qualities do you guys typically look for in a turntable? I'm thinking of adding one to my system.post #16949 of 191832/3/14 at 6:28pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 14 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 21 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › Listening to LCD-X through Interface 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by earfonia
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by BasilFawlty
- › "The Nucleus" by che15
- › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size by DigitalGrounder
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Warnings about equipment online purchase scam
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3