I lurves me some ol' school, 'cept, where's the vinyl?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1130post #16936 of 197082/2/14 at 10:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16937 of 197082/2/14 at 11:19am
haah I wish.... When my youngest one gets a little older I'm gonna dabble into both speakers and vinyl again. I have my rig cordoned off but couldn't risk a turntable.
I did have a vintage dac (Arcam black box) there as well but it has become a little intermittent.post #16938 of 197082/2/14 at 2:33pm
Thoughts on the ESP950? After all these years, they're still the one headphone that I'll sit down and listen to anything with and just be happy.post #16939 of 197082/2/14 at 3:21pm
Some big changes in the past few months:
Girlfriend and I moved to a new apartment with enough room in the kitchen for storage and whatnot, so I thought I'd repurpose the Ikea kitchen cart for...something else :)
The heart and soul of the system. My favorite can, EVER. As a guy who started in DIY-fi, I've been lucky enough to personally own pretty much every flagship (other than the Stax cans, which I've heard many a time, but could never afford). The LCD-3, coming specifically from a musicophile (that's what I call a musician audiophile) perspective, is the best can I've ever heard. Effortless, natural, especially when driven by something neutral, powerful, and resolving.
My favorite no-frills cable I've ever owned. I've never been huge on audible cable changes except in terms of microphonics, but I always believe in a) craftsmanship & b) ergonomics. Not to mention Steve at Q-Audio has amazing customer service too.
The new reference (for me at least). Built around the legendarily finicky ES9018, yet somehow completely transparent without any stridency at all. This amp swings 6 watts of super clean power in balanced mode. The LCD-3 loves this bad boy. It also has a pre-amp section, which is very useful. Hits WAY above its price point.
I always loved the Audez'e wooden presentation boxes They give me a place to put my frequency response graph :)
So I use the pre-outs to feed my speaker system, which could be a pain if I ever feel like listening to my cans anywhere else in the apartment...
Except I rigged the bottom tray so I could run a quickly-disconnectable 1/8th-inch jack. Bwahaha.
Pretty simple. Thirty-two inch Samsung LED. Audioengine A2s. D-Link Wireless-AC Router (50mbps over air! Thanks, Comcast!).
The understated powerhouse. Love this thing. Power up the wazoo in a package thinner than every portable DAC/Amp I've ever owned ('cept the Glacier, that bad boy is THIN).
Ah the sub. Bet a lot of people didn't know that the RCA input on the A2s runs as an output when the 1/8th-inch jack is being used. It's an old Yamaha YST-SW216. Gets me down to 20Hz nice and smooth. Forty bucks local pickup in Chicago. What a deal :) Oh and the bamboo is for...dampening.
Add a cheapie Ikea chair stuffed with old pillows and BAM! You've got my station :)
(P.S. Porta-rig update coming on Monday...hehehe)post #16940 of 197082/2/14 at 3:40pmpost #16941 of 197082/2/14 at 3:51pm
lol we left averyhsu1230 without a single lcd3 ... i'm almost feeling guilty... not
you nailed it with the setup... totally agree on the lcd3
awaiting the burson conductor... in the mean time take that...post #16942 of 197082/2/14 at 4:20pmQuote:
Is it oblique?post #16943 of 197082/2/14 at 4:29pmpost #16944 of 197082/2/14 at 4:32pmpost #16945 of 197082/2/14 at 4:36pmQuote:
Seriously xD. I rolled it to a friend who lives in the same building and he was like, "Are you street-peddling like $3000 of headphone equipment or something?". Hahaha xD
Kojakupost #16946 of 197082/3/14 at 5:07pm
I love Mcintosh gear so much, I really need to suck it up and buy one of their amps. Also is that a project debut carbon to the right? I've been really debating getting one or just getting a nice cartridge on my technics tablepost #16947 of 197082/3/14 at 5:53pmIt is. I went with the Acryl-It platter, Puck-It clamp, a 2M Blue stylus, and their SpeedBox 2 and Phono V USB preamp. It's my first turntable and I'm a happy camper. That said, a VPI Traveler might be in my future sometime in the next year.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkpost #16948 of 197082/3/14 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by wgb113
It is. I went with the Acryl-It platter, Puck-It clamp, a 2M Blue stylus, and their SpeedBox 2 and Phono V USB preamp. It's my first turntable and I'm a happy camper. That said, a VPI Traveler might be in my future sometime in the next year.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What qualities do you guys typically look for in a turntable? I'm thinking of adding one to my system.post #16949 of 197082/3/14 at 6:28pm
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Can you buy the actual Senn HD650 stock cable anywhere? 2 seconds ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Need help / ideas on a hi-fi setup 25 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 32 seconds ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 33 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › What are 3 additions to the FW of the DX50 or DX90 that you would... 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3