Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1129post #16921 of 216742/1/14 at 4:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16922 of 216742/1/14 at 8:48pmpost #16923 of 216742/1/14 at 9:11pmpost #16924 of 216742/1/14 at 10:11pmpost #16925 of 216742/1/14 at 11:48pmpost #16926 of 216742/2/14 at 4:32ampost #16927 of 216742/2/14 at 4:40amQuote:
Funny you should say that, since taking the photo the system has already changed Graphics card is gone and excess USB controllers are disabled in bios. Can't be helped.post #16928 of 216742/2/14 at 4:56am
I was an endless tinkerer when I was building pc's. At least once a week, I'd find a way to improve my build. Sometimes cable management, sometimes a little better o/c and sometimes just a good cleaning. It was good times.post #16929 of 216742/2/14 at 5:08ampost #16930 of 216742/2/14 at 6:44am
Great looking set up there Bill. Those are the KEF LS50's right? They are on my short list for desktop speakers, how do you like them?
Never mind read previous posts
Edited by awsanderson - 2/2/14 at 10:40ampost #16931 of 216742/2/14 at 7:12ampost #16932 of 216742/2/14 at 8:09am
Thanks, it is little single ended pentode (SEP) built by Jef Larson (Abraxas Audio).
This one uses two 6CL6 tubes and one 6CA4 rectifier = 2.8 WPC into 8 ohms...speakers or cans...very sweet.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #16933 of 216742/2/14 at 10:42ampost #16934 of 216742/2/14 at 10:54ampost #16935 of 216742/2/14 at 11:19am
haah I wish.... When my youngest one gets a little older I'm gonna dabble into both speakers and vinyl again. I have my rig cordoned off but couldn't risk a turntable.
I did have a vintage dac (Arcam black box) there as well but it has become a little intermittent.
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Understanding the approach in Sound Science vs the rest of Head-Fi 49 seconds ago
- › Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 7 minutes ago
- › What forty6 are listening to 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear