Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 1112post #16666 of 212381/21/14 at 12:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16667 of 212381/21/14 at 12:50pmQuote:
i might have made the bottom shelf a bit too large, but who knows what ends up there in the futurepost #16668 of 212381/21/14 at 1:59pmpost #16669 of 212381/21/14 at 7:38pmpost #16670 of 212381/21/14 at 8:00pm
Impossible to be too large. LB1 is suggesting a MONSTER vintage receiver!post #16671 of 212381/21/14 at 8:05pmQuote:
And by the time she turns 5 she's going to want her own vinyl rigpost #16672 of 212381/22/14 at 8:25amQuote:
A typical case to produce a spoil child.Not sure what will be her 16 year old presents~
Hopefully you won't end up buying her a Ferrari because it will be a more affordable alternative.
I think my kid will just be happy to inherited my current gear.post #16673 of 212381/22/14 at 8:36ampost #16674 of 212381/22/14 at 8:55ampost #16675 of 212381/22/14 at 8:59amQuote:Yep that's MorbidToasters alright he let me play with it at the last Dallas meet.Originally Posted by parbakedQuote:That looks like the Morbid Toaster's rig...Did he let the young enthusiast touch anything?post #16676 of 212381/22/14 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by parbaked
That looks like the Morbid Toaster's rig...Did he let the young enthusiast touch anything?
I didn't see anybody touching it. The boy belongs to Patrick of Nice Cans Austin. Patrick complained that now his son wants a vinyl rig.post #16677 of 212381/22/14 at 10:46amQuote:
You assume I would actually buy her an amp, which I would not. She doesn't have any understanding of what it does, she just sees that daddy has one and therefore it must be a good thing. She prefers to listen to her $10 headphones over my HE-500s becuase her HPs are pink. I don't make nearly enough to spoil a child. I only posted becuase I found the comment cute, and, as I said, this is the only place anyone would understand.post #16678 of 212381/22/14 at 11:19am
I was about to say the same thing, ha. Regardless, this is nice to see. :)post #16679 of 212381/22/14 at 11:23amQuote:Originally Posted by mnarwold
You assume I would actually buy her an amp, which I would not. She doesn't have any understanding of what it does, she just sees that daddy has one and therefore it must be a good thing. She prefers to listen to her $10 headphones over my HE-500s becuase her HPs are pink. I don't make nearly enough to spoil a child. I only posted becuase I found the comment cute, and, as I said, this is the only place anyone would understand.
Just chill man~
I am just kidding.
I think everyone wants to become a parent that can actually spoil their children. Weather or not they decide to do so, is another story.
The frequency response of a child is much wider than an adult. You should make your music life worth a while. But, HE-500 is too much for kids, way too heavy and uncomfortable. Try toss her some nice look ATH phones~
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 6 seconds ago
- › FS: Campfire Audio Andromeda 23 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 23 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 48 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...